Just bought a HAFX

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by sdamaged99, Feb 10, 2011.

1. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    As the topic says, just changed from my (gorgeous imo) Corsair 600T to something with better air cooling

The 600T was the easiest build i ever did, but the air cooling performance wasn't really very good as the 200mm fans were extremely poor

Anyway, moved to the HAFX which i thought was a bit ugly tbh, but i got it all installed, also put an additional Noctua NF-P12 fan in the extra GPU cooling addon you get and....holy crap, the cooling on this thing is absolutely unbelieveable!

I swear my temps have dropped around 8 degrees! It's a little noisier of course, but with headphones on it's not an issue.

Highly recommended, and with a couple of case lights, it looks pretty damn sweet as well!

2. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    Congrats! Good choice there, excellent airflow and lots of room if you ever decide to go with water cooling or some funky modifications of some sort. :)

I have a HAF 932 and it is easily the best case I've ever purchased. My temps dropped 6-7 C across the board when I got it.

3. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    It really is sweet I agree. Apart from the bogus sata ports on my new system, it rules.

4. Luponius

Luponius Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 580 1536MB
    Huzzah, it's what I'm going for. Have to admit your topic title nearly made me **** my pants until I read what you typed. Was so sure you had problems with it, but then again, when I think it over, what could have possibly gone wrong - you hugged it too hard and busted it? :p

Glad to see you're happy with the purchase, I know I'll be too in a couple of days :O

5. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    Pics? Otherwise, what's the point in this thread!?

6. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    Will get some on after work!

7. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    the side fan makes a monster of a difference for gpu temps. especially with graphics cards that have exposed heatsinks.

8. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I was recently looking at this same case. I may have to pick it up now.

9. Luponius

Luponius Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 580 1536MB
    I believe the included spoiler should be left on to further increase focused airflow, is that correct or not?

10. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    I think you can install the GPU bracket or the side fan, not both

I opted for the side fan as it blows a tremendous amount of air

Anyway, picture attached as promised. The cable management isn't as good as the 600T (i'm not sure any case can be!) but it's as good as i could make it. You don't get anywhere near the same room behind the back panel as the 600T though so you have to work with what you have!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2011

11. fasteddy

fasteddy Guest

GPU:
    2 x Asus HD6950oc
  12. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    Thanks fasteddy, took a lot longer to build than i expected due to quite a few fans and consequently lots of wires at the back. Still, it's quite a nice looking machine now and is a decent spec too

13. fasteddy

fasteddy Guest

GPU:
    2 x Asus HD6950oc
    It makes my 932 look decidedly shabby... I'll have to try painting the insides or something!

But I agree, those HAFs are great wind tunnels... and with slow speed fans don't tear your ears off.

Have fun with that great system! :)

14. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    That is very nice.good job

I loved my HAF until I got this dragon rider

15. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    The gpu fan, the one to the left of your HDD enclosure (120mm) should it be higher up, so as to cover the graphics card? it covers my 2 cards perfectly.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2011

16. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
    Ah!!

Thanks Tuco, i thought it was a strange place to put it. I'll move it now...

17. BenTTwiG

BenTTwiG Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    I wish I could do some wire management like this.....
    My Antec 900 looks horrid...

18. ivan.winata

ivan.winata Guest

GPU:
    GTX2080Ti Zotak
    I just ordered mine. Have been considering HAF-X or NZXT Phantom white. But finally choose HAF-X due to the more features in it (USB 3.0 and hotswap HDD Cage).

I bought 1m NZXT Sleeved LED Kit also. I hope the red match with HAF-X red LED on the front Fan.
    http://www.nzxt.com/new/products/case_accessories/sleeved_led_kit_-_red

And now I need to wait for Intel P67 B3 revision chipset to ship out :bang:

19. lIqUI[]

lIqUI[] Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 680DCU II OC
    I have a HAF-X, great case. Installing a 120mm fan in that shroud dropped my 480GTX temps by a few degrees on load. The stock fans are also very quiet as well.

20. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    it really depends on your graphics card and the fan/heatsink being used. if its an exposed heatsink that is directly in the path of the side fan, the shroud will help. but if its like one of the newer batmobile style closed coolers, you may consider not using the shroud so air can spread out and be sucked in by the fan on the gpu cooler.