Gran Turismo 5 Thread - Part 2

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by aircool, Jan 2, 2011.

1. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    Left my bob doing 24H race at and its all gone wrong, from what I can see the car is racing in the air, there is no track only trees and sky.

Its also in slow motion mode, its like the matrix... the remote doesn't work, and half of the opponents vanished, they aren't listed in the race.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

dont know if I should reset the console, I will probably wait the timer reaches 24H, maybe its not all wasted.

Really this game... is really pissing me off more and more.

23 hours of time and energy wasted, I am beginning to think that the game is slowly killing my ps3 for doing all of these Bspec grind races, this is the second time something like this appends.

2. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    PD posted this yesterday on gt5 news screen and it seems EU and NA are getting little bit different message

NA

Our thanks to you all for you participation in the Seasonal Events!

From this point the Seasonal Events will generally be updated on Thursday every week at 04:00 (GMT).

Please note that the timing of these updates may vary by +/- 1 day, we recommend checking the distribution periods as listed in the Event list screen.

additionally, we will kick off the start of GT Driver's Club, a series of exclusive race events with unique requirements and special prizes, keep an eye on the News section for all future GT Drivers's Club announcements!

EU

Our thanks to you all for you participation in the Seasonal Events!

From this point the Seasonal Events will generally be updated on Thursday every week at 04:00 (GMT).

Please note that the timing of these updates may vary by +/- 1 day, we recommend checking the distribution periods as listed in the Event list screen.

Make sure to keep an eye out for extra Special Events not included in the periodic updates! These will be notified separately in our news section.

3. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Mine finished the 24h without troubles :x

4. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    Now I cant even enter the sarthe 24H race, the loading just takes for ever and the console resets.

Gona try to reinstall the game, probably some files got corrupted when I turned the power off.

Corrupt^ I have done this race 6 or 7 times without problems, but twice this has append.

EDIT:. just turned the PS3 on, got a message that the file system is corrupted and its being restored.... I hope that the save games aren't affected...

I made a backup two days ago but since then I've done one endurance race (laguna seca) and I really dont want to do it again.

All this money & XP grinding is just not worth the risk.

EDIT:. 2

And the restore is stuck at 48% its bean almost 5 hours.

EDIT:. 3

After over 10 hours I gave up, I am currently trying to repair the disc with seatools, maybe I get lucky...

Gona loose alot of save games :bang:

This is why people don´t use FAT anymore! It took two forced shutdowns to corrupt the file system.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011

5. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    So.... after hours trying everything, its no use. I lost all my save games except GT5 that I backed up.

Thank you Sony for adopting this bull**** file system, and thank you Yamauchi for this crap XP grind system.

6. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Do you have one of those new PS3's? The small ones.

7. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    No its a fat one, with a Seagate 180Gb HD.

Gona try to download save games on the internet for some of the games I had unlocked.

8. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    What are peoples reccomendations on a very quick race car and a rally car? thinking the Subaru for the Rally

9. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    LOL this is not happening! Some cars disappeared from the garage! One of them is the Lamborghini Miura a 15.000.000CR car! I know I had it on the last backup! You win the miura in one of the races.

I wonder if there are any more cars missing.

Also all the record lap Times are gone, and Replays, photos.

And half of the thumbnails on the cars are missing, I have to create one by one manually WTF?

They call this a save game?

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Something tells me it's time to swap out that Seagate HDD...

@Copey, the Peugeot 908 HDI FAP is a really nice fast car, but obviously not a rally car.

11. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Cheers for that, need find something for the Historic racing car cup in the expert series, only that and the Gran Tourismo allstars to do which the Pug 908 shoudl be able to do.

Where can you get these classic race cars from, bet there silly money aswell.

12. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I won them eventually, but finished some classic races with old muscle cars.

13. Repo Man

Repo Man Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060Ti
    I'm in the same situation, i finished the GT All Stars yesterday with a tuned GT by Citroën Race Car, was hard work but i golded them all. Cant find an old school race car for the Historic car cup though, i may have to go back to some old school series and grind em untill i win something decent.

14. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070ti
    Right I am a tad peed off with this game now. The number of faults, flaws and major wtf that are in this game borders on close to stupid. Yes the game has been patched and yes their is another patch coming soon but here's the big question is anything actually being done to resolve the many many issues the game has? Reading how PD thinks anyone cares about an update that allows you to control B Spec without being next to your PS3 whilst failing to mention any progress on the major issues such as

- Lack of actual gameplay
    - A moronic levelling system
    - No save option for endurance races
    - Weak unstructured championships
    - Challengeless races
    - Online gameplay that sits somewhere between facepalm and terminal boredom waiting to actually get a race
    - Uneven graphic levels ranging from just painfully bad to wonderful

So, really, are we actually gonna see a start on fixing the many many issues this game has?

15. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    OMG If you see the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 on the dealership buy it!! what a monster! 5 laps on laguna seca and the tires are shred to pieces, I used this car to do the laguna seca endurance race and what a great fun.

And by the way polyphony please do something so its easy to know if you already have a certain car, its becoming more and more difficult to keep track off what I already have, and its boring to go check in the garage every single time.

16. Ryu5uzaku

Ryu5uzaku Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6800 XT
    that doesnt sound fun lol. there should be somekind of logo on the car if its carage to ease selecting new stuff :D

17. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Seems PD is going rough times this week. No new seasonal events and USA GT Academy has been forced to reset twice already because people cheat and cut corners.

18. syd1306

syd1306 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 275
    I agree, got just over 500 cars now, have to keep going back and forth from UCD to my garage, AAARRRGGGGGGHH

19. JPMATRIX

JPMATRIX Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GTX SLI
    Believe it his! because you have to be awake to control the car :banana:

PS:. I have two JAguar's XJ13 Race car, anyone want to trade it? I want a Lamborghini Miura.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2011
  20. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    Hahahahaha...seems USA is full of cheaters. First PD reset gt academy round 2 two times and changes tracks and now they announced that whole round2 is canceled.