Antec Lanboy Air came with 0 screws!!! Haaalp!

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Treble557, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Treble557

Treble557 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX295/8800gtx physx
    Just like the title says, my stupid case I got from amazon (supposedly new, straight from amazon, not used from another person) came with ZERO screws in it's toolbox.

I figured this wouldn't be too big a deal as I had tons left from my cool master cosmo s case, and figured I'd be fine.

Welp, turns out that none of the screws from that setup are long enough/have a small enough head to mount the HD's into their suspenders.
    I also don't have any of the really long screws that you apparently need to mount fans in the case.

The lanboy air seems to need very specific screws, and I need to figure out where I can hunt them down.
    In order to hunt them down tho, I need to know their names/sizes, which the manual conveniently doesn't tell you. It does however have pics of what they look like!
    http://www.antec.com/pdf/manuals/LanBoy Air Manual_EN.pdf

There's a link to the pdf for the manual. The screws are on page 6, and the ones I need are labeled D and G.
    Those are the HD and Fan mounting ones that I need to find out the names/sizes of.

If the HD mounting ones aren't something you can just find and buy tho, im sure any screw with a small enough head that's a similar thread count would do the job. That, or a screw that's really long but with the same thread count/width of that one should do the trick.

So yeah, anyone got any specifics to toss at me on exactly what im looking for to fix this issue? Because honestly.. amazon said I can return it, or.. I can get $40 back for free instead if I can find them on my own.. and screws are like what, $2 a pack? So that'd be a HUGE savings if I can figure this out. :>

Sooooo! That's my situation! Anyone able to toss some info my way?

2. CasperTm

CasperTm Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 270X OC 2GB Gaming
    You checked every part of the case?? My screws was well hidden inside my case, took me 5min to find them, seriously.... :)

3. Treble557

Treble557 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX295/8800gtx physx
    Trust me, I went through the entire thing, took everything apart lookin around, went back to the original box and all the packaging and tore it all apart. I was very upset when I learned wtf had happened. XD

4. CasperTm

CasperTm Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 270X OC 2GB Gaming
    So they kinda made mistake, so i'd say phone Antec (or the place where u bought it).