Where's my GMAIL account gone?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by BuMp, Feb 4, 2011.

1. BuMp

BuMp Guest

GPU:
    Intel 540
    Hi all,

I'm in a bit of a trouble here..Couple of hours ago, I was using gmail just fine and successfully logging onto the Facebook account associated with this account.

But now when I try to login to this Gmail account, I get 'The username or password you entered is incorrect.' error message. It's as if there's no account with this username. Facebook doesn't recognize this email address too...

My friends can see my Facebook wall and everything which means that the account is there but somehow my Gmail account isn't working! :(

2. Andrés

Andrés Guest

Are you sure you didn't inadvertently change your Gmail account password and put your Facebook password there too?

3. BuMp

BuMp Guest

GPU:
    Intel 540
    I didn't change ANYTHING!

4. Andrés

Andrés Guest

Have you specified an alternate email address which you can use to recover your password?

5. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Err that sounds like when my yahoo account got hacked ...I couldn't log into my email, and I was getting text messages on my phone saying a user name wanted to be joined with the account or something.
    Eventually after a few hours I was able to log back into my facebook and find everything deleted ;/ This was when the chinese were doing some mass hackings on yahoo specifically.
    If you have a steam account you might want to change the passwords or have the thing where it resets it.

6. Andrés

Andrés Guest

I've been hearing a lot lately about incidents like this. Beware of the keyloggers!

7. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    Sounds like your account has been compromised - if you have a mobile phone attached, you can reset your password and get it back - if not you may have a long haul of talking to google to claim it back

Try resetting your password, you may be lucky

8. BuMp

BuMp Guest

GPU:
    Intel 540
    The problem is it DOES'NT EVEN RECOGNIZE THE USER NAME! Resetting the password is a totally different thing :(

9. Andrés

Andrés Guest

The recovery option says your account doesn't exist?

10. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Keyloggers would be the easy explanation but I know everything thats on my PC thats open. My asumption was that they hacked the yahoo server itself.
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/186938/yahoo_reportedly_hit_by_china_hackers.html

Basically on facebook to prevent any kind of intrusion, don't allow any apps. Just use it to socialize, not to play quizzes and ****. There are also things in the privacy settings that are on by default which include sharing your information to other websites.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2011

11. Andrés

Andrés Guest

Very true. I know of people who unknowingly have loads and loads of apps, because they allow everything to comes up without thinking they are letting those apps access all their personal data, pictures, friends list, etc.

12. BuMp

BuMp Guest

GPU:
    Intel 540
    Exactly :(

13. BuMp

BuMp Guest

GPU:
    Intel 540
    Any help, anyone?