**GTX 560 Ti Owners Thread**

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Phragmeister, Jan 27, 2011.

1. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

hey mate check out this thread http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=265544

Seems to me the MSI twins dont clock aswell as the SOC's but you shouldnt have to much trouble reaching 950+

2. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    I got to 980 before mine crashed, settled with 950 to be on the safe side. Good enough for me.

3. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
  4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    with or without any voltage increase?

5. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    You guys just be more carefull with cards without vrm heatsinks.
    i'd say you can play till your hearts content with voltage to 1.15 if you dont live in an oven or unplug the fan.

6. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    950 Thats like a stock 570 or there abouts thats not bad :)

7. Phragmeister

Phragmeister Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 4GB
    Without, but I'm definitely going to to volt mod soon enough, see if I can hit 1000MHz+

I've never modded a gcard in any way, so still in learning mode. Fingers crossed I don't botch it lol.

8. Caenyss

Caenyss Active Member

GPU:
    7900 XT
    I dont' think you need a mod? Just use a software which you can increase your voltage, like MSI Afterburner or EVGA E-Leet.

9. Ramair325

Ramair325 Member Guru

GPU:
    3 BFG 280gtx
    /facepalm or just keep the 580 and clock it up, i mean you could just buy a water block for it if your really wanting to see 1000mhz gpu. To be honest i think you just want 2 cards, so you can say you have a "SLI" rig. Thats what you want then go for it mate to each their own :)

10. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    uhh dude, ive had two cards before. i started off with dual 5770s, then dual 5850s. i swapped to a single 580 because it performed similar to my 5850x2 setup but without the poor amd driver support.

in case you didnt read before, my 580 is bottlenecked. i can hit the same performance level with a gtx560 soc on my system, and its half the cost.

and also in case you didnt read before, i mentioned that i was considering sticking with a single gtx560 soc as its enough for most of the games coming out this year.

11. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

If your stuck at around 940 or 950 even with a minior voltage bump i honestly doubt you will reach 1000, Seems like once you bump the voltage a certain amount it basically does nothing except add excessive amounts of heat, So try find the spot your happy with guys!

12. Ramair325

Ramair325 Member Guru

GPU:
    3 BFG 280gtx
    Ah sorry mate i dident realize you wanted to do just one 560. (sorry i got confuzeld with all the posts :/)

I still cant say its a good idea to down grade considering you will have to take a little bit of a loss on the 580 you just bought. I also think your mistaken about energy consumption a bigger gpu will have to work less hard to maintain your current frame rate in doing so using less current and using less power at the same time staying cooler as well. Further more whats wrong with using vsync to keep your Wattage down in games? Also i find it really hard to believe that cpu is bottlenecking that 580 terribly bad I'm sure it could be at times but I'm sure there are times when the gpu is working at or very close to 100% some* of the time. That or you play old games and or low details/grapic effects like AA off?

All that said if you need the money and have to downgrade i guess i can see why you might be interested in getting a 560 but in no way can i say it is a good idea IMHO.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  13. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    Installing my 560 right now. :D

edit, just playing crysis on very high, 1680x1050 4xaa... and its smooth!! I thought it was artifacting at first, then I realized some leaves where falling from the trees. :nerd:

14. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    You play Crysis with MSAA? Better to use the in-game Edge AA to remove the jagged edges of the foliage when displayed against the skybox. You can use console commands to increase the Edge AA quality.

15. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    my CPU is bottlenecking in games mainly because most games dont use more than 2-3 cores. so while my vantage CPU score shows that my 6 cores matches an OC'd i7 (20600 points on the CPU score), you need to factor in the per core performance for games. so if a game only uses two cores, the oc'd i7 would have 10300 points equivalent (im using vantage as a cpu performance marker) whereas two cores from my CPU would have 6866 points. thats roughly 33% slower, and in games that need decent cpu grunt like sc2, cod black ops, and various mmos, its enough to be crippling. look at the cod black ops benches and you'll see, theres no difference between the 1090t and 965be at the same clocks because the extra cores are redundant. the i7s also perform much faster than the 1090t with everything else the same (gpu, etc.).

sure vsync can drop power consumption and temps, but short of bumping up the fan speed on my 580 to 100% which is friggin loud, its not gonna get the temps to a decent level (still above 80C). factor in that i live in australia, and its common for us to have 42C heatwaves, and it doesnt exactly keep my card from overheating.

adding an aftermarket cooler is an option, but thats dumping more money into it.

i just sold my 580 for a decent price, just $50 less than what i paid for it. a gtx560 soc will cost around half the price i paid for my 580, and from the benchmarks, it performs pretty similarly. i would consider it more of a sidegrade than a downgrade.

factor in that the gtx560 soc runs a lot cooler than the 580 and its less likely to overheat in my room, as well as less likely to introduce more heat in my case.

and for those who argue that the 1.5gb of the gtx580 is beneficial, i play on an IPS panel TV with a resolution of 1920x1080. most games only use around 400-800mb vram at this resolution. the only game ive tried that needs more than 1gb at 1920x1080 is gta4.

16. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

Sever i would of sold the 580 and got a cheap p67 UD4, 2500k, and add a bit extra cash and grap a cheap card for now and yes i know about the Intel recall but you can use sata III easy fix, no point upgrading this time of the year, not for me anyways mate.. U have c400's/intel g3/s/SF200/ocz vertex 3's.. Ontario/llano/cedar/zacate
    X68/lga 2011.. and much more! this year is gonna be full on..

17. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    i considered doing the i7 2600k swap recently.

but the recall is a problem for me. i have 5 hdds and a bluray writer, so unless the board has more than two sata2 ports, id be screwing myself over.

so i'll probably wait, see how bulldozer and intel socket 2011 performs and then consider it if i find a buyer for my PC. i dont like leaving spare parts lying around, so if i can find someone to buy my whole system as is (without peripherals and hdds) then i'll upgrade.

18. |Ano|

|Ano| Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX560Ti Twin FrozR II
    My new gtx560 Twin frozr II overclocks pretty well, on stock voltage i can run the core at 975mhz, and with a couple bumps on the voltage slider in afterburner i EASILY get 1000mhz (Stable at first try with raised volts), now it's time to find the max frequency for the memory, seems i got a good sample =)

19. theillusiveman

theillusiveman Member Guru

GPU:
    2x-N570GTX-(840/2000Mhz)
    what is your voltage for your OC @ 1GHZ? and what is a safe 24/7 voltage for these cards?

20. |Ano|

|Ano| Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX560Ti Twin FrozR II
    I have no idea what's safe tbh, didnt read too much about it yet.
    But i randomly raised v to 1050 (from 1000) and it was stable at first try, temps never go above 62c so i would imagine it's perfectly safe. (on auto fan)

Now i need to find max for my mem, and then start lowering the volt again to find the lowest possible v for 1000mhz.