HD 6870 1gb fan control

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Trexian, Jan 28, 2011.

1. Trexian

Trexian Guest

GPU:
    Dual XFX HD6870 crossfire
    Hello just got me a HD 6870 card and just wondering if anyone else noticed with catalyst 10.12 that CCC does not save the manual fan control and the automatic does not seem to work.

I have to set it to manual every time i boot up. This card also runs quite hot, if I want to have an idle temp in the low 40's i need to set my fan at least 40%. If i boot up and forget to set the fan manual the temp goes up to high 60's without any load. ( the auto fan should at least bump up the speed a little to avoid these temps on idle no? )
    It is not my case I use the Antech 1200 with fans in every slot My mobo stays at a cool 28 degrees CPU 34 degrees.

Thanks in advance.

2. steveyc27

steveyc27 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti Hybrid
    Use MSI Afterburner, set the manual fan control and set to start with windows.

3. Trexian

Trexian Guest

GPU:
    Dual XFX HD6870 crossfire
    Thanks for the reply.

My card is a XFX HD 6870 1gb, It's ok to use the MSI application even though it's not a MSI board?

4. steveyc27

steveyc27 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti Hybrid
    Yes, I have a Gigabyte HD6870 and Asus HD6870 and Afterburner works works great. If I didn't use afterburner for fan control my temps would skyrocket to +80C. Once installed under settings click the fan tab, and click "enable user defined software automatic fan control" and then select on the graph where you want your fan speed to be at depending on the current temp. Hope this helps!

5. TriGGlety

TriGGlety Banned

GPU:
    HD6870 1G -(1680x1050)
    How do you find out card temps, what software?

6. steveyc27

steveyc27 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 ti Hybrid
  7. TriGGlety

TriGGlety Banned

GPU:
    HD6870 1G -(1680x1050)
  8. EnemyOmen

EnemyOmen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX AMD HD6870
    I have a XFX 6870 and I use MSI Afterburner for it, set a manual fan control based on card temp. I can monitor fan speed, Gpu usage, temps, clock speeds.
    its Ok to use it with your card (its not JUST for MSI cards) and it works wonderfully.

9. cencsor

cencsor Guest

GPU:
    2x Sapphire 6950 2GB
    Congrats, you just answered your own question.