Anyone playing Magicka?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Darkest, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I checked but didn't see any threads about this game, if there are some apologies in advance.

As the topic states: anyone else playing this little gem? I didn't even know about the game until checking the Steam Top Sellers and to my suprise found it out-selling the likes of Dead Space 2. After checking the forums I figured 10 bucks wasn't much of a risk and gave it a chance.

I have to say that it's probably the best ten bucks I've spent in a very long time. The game is fantastic, great fun. There are multitudes of spell combinations and when you finally get a game going with some friends it's literally a laugh a minute. Not to mention the Dev's being quick with patches to iron out the few problems the game has. There's even a Demo so you can try before you buy.

Couldn't recommend this game enough.

Link: http://store.steampowered.com/app/42910/

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  2. Solid004

Solid004 Active Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7970 Windforce
    Great game and support from the devs. Four Patches in four days and, on Monday, we will be downloading the biggest patch 'till now. It is worth the money. :D

3. Trolle

Trolle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    il be buying it when they send my paycheck :p
    seen a few reviews of it,looks awsome

4. Wicky

Wicky Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 5850
    first 3 levels didn't get me addicted, but a little tad much micro managing hotkeys.
    the humour ingame however is grande!

5. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    Fantastic game! The bugs suck, but I feel fine knowing they're working hard on them.

6. Sprecker

Sprecker Guest

GPU:
    Zotech 680 4g
    The only thing I don't like is the middle button bug. Angers me to no end. I don't even notice any other bugs. Wish there was a staff/sword inventory though. I hate trying to decide what I like only to find out that it sux for my playing style. One or two slots would be perfect.
    As for micro manaaging spells, I just spam SDFSD and *BAM!* lots of damage. Sword of Masters with the healing staff (or what ever they call it) seems to be my favorite combo so far.

7. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Arcane spells are quite powerful but they are too slow to take on mobs. I prefer to combine arcane with defense to lay down some mines, spray everyone with water then light them up with a bolt of electricity. Laying defense with earth is a good tactic, too. You can make stone walls to bottleneck the enemy as well as cut the force in half.

I liked the final boss in the demo, you try to cast spells on it but all you need to do is place rocks for it to run into. :D

8. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    Yeah, I see most retards out there doing the same offensive stuff and getting owned. Using the same stuff all the time, like arcane beams and aoe, but it won't get you through the challenges.

The most killer beam and short range aoe is fqaaas

But the real life saver in this game is dddre

I keep it up on my weapon at all times.

I also use a lot of mass freezes. dddqq and then dddrr for range or just aoe qqqqq and rrrrrr.

All that and vortex if I can get it. Tons of summons are cool too sometimes but laggy and pretty lame

9. JonasBeckman

JonasBeckman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900XTX M'310
    The developers are now working on a Vietnam themed expansion, well that's a bit different settings for a magic fantasy based game I suppose? Could work out quite well though, Magicka had some initial bugs and issues but continuous support has improved the game and it can be very fun.

[​IMG]

Their website with the announcement.
    http://www.magickagame.com/news/2011/3/paradox-interactive-unveils-magicka-vietnam-at-gdc-2011

And the video showcasing the new setting.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs2DsoiA54Y

EDIT: Edited post a bit, should be better now.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2011
  10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Hahahahaha

****ing awesome, words cannot describe!

Ahahahahahah

11. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    nope, regular slowdowns with high fps inbetween made the game unplayable

12. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX

Looks like cannon fodder

13. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Saw the Vietnam expansion on Gametrailers. I haven't played this game but I like their sense of humo(u)r!

14. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    The game is a good game, had some issues with crashes with MP coop, but otherwise a blast to play with a friend. In my opinion the game is rather boring unless you play with a friend. So many mistakes and funny things you do when cooping makes the game priceless.

Btw, the most powerful spell is QFQFASS or QFQFAAS. My friend saw me doing it and he was like "what spell are you doing?" and my response that it was "I'm doing qeef qeef ass" as the best way to describe it made him laugh for 10 mins and laugh every time we said "let's qeef qeef ass this boss".

15. SiriusTexra

SiriusTexra Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 512MB
    wonderful plain fun game.

Also, beautiful visuals. Very crip and clean, nice shadowing and very good particle effects. Very surprised by this game visually.

16. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    It is a fun game for a while but the game crashed a lot and desync (as in spell active on one end but not on the other end) happens a lot in multiplayer,

17. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    hahaha, that song was great. looking forward to some new content.

18. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    Just bought it a few days ago. Looks very promising. I wish I had more time to play lately, though.

19. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    I'm a magic cow!!!