AMD Catalyst 11.1 (Official WHQL) Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 26, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Bluedog

Bluedog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX TF 2GD5/OC
    Do you honestly think that this is the first time that I've ever installed a video card driver? ... :3eyes:

Seems I'm not the only one experiencing this using Firefox: After updating ATI video drivers I can't see certain YouTube videos

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  2. Sagus

Sagus Member

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 TRI-X OC
    @Bluedog:
    First thing I'd try would be to update FF's Flash plugin.
    Then, see if CC2's "Apply current video quality settings to Internet video" option in Video Settings makes a difference on/off.

If neither work, I dunno. I use FF 3.6.13, myself, and I don't have that problem in any quality setting in any video I've tried. Maybe, you could give a link to a specific video(s) you're having trouble with?

3. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Yep, I'm also interested in that Youtube green-thingy thing, since I can't seem to reproduce it with that same settings on & off.
    A link to the problematic video might be helpful.

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Hes not using the latest drivers there in that thread, those are a set from November last year.

5. Bluedog

Bluedog Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N680GTX TF 2GD5/OC
    It doesn't matter what video it was on youtube it would give the same green screen when attempting to play in the videos default playback setting.

All my FF stuff is update. Its no biggie as I just reinstalled the 10.12 drv. and all's back to norm now.

6. tamalero

tamalero Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB
    btw, just wondering, is this version plagued witht he desktop 100% gpu bug with single cards?
    (had this bug in all 10.12 versions).
    also did they finally fix the on-sleep BSOD of the 10.12 versions?

7. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    ive not experienced this

8. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Please note that my experiences are based on the 26th Jan 11.1a hotfix, not this WHQL driver.

The desktop 100% GPU bug seems still present for some people, though personally I've never experienced that.
    I think TwL posted somewhere on his thread that that had to do with the AVIVO package, or the WMV9 acceleration & drag-n-drop video conversion tool.
    I haven't installed that for awhile so maybe that's why I don't have that 100% GPU on idle bug.

As for BSOD on sleep mode, my laptop hasn't crashed for days; it's practically on 24/7 and many monitor sleep mode in-between.

9. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    these drivers are strangeee :)

i had the mouse lag on the right top corner and 100 percent gpu load in idle

just before i wanted to roll back to 10.12 i decided to clean my cards.

i took them out cleaned them put them back and the mouse lag is gone, and the idle gpu usage too.

WTF ?

10. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    It's Catalyst; for it to be strange is normal. :p

Too bad I can't do that easily with my laptop. xD

But in all seriousness, all I have now is that upper-right corner mouse lag; never had 100% GPU at idle even after playing some games.

11. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    my first strange driver :)

but now all is well :3eyes:

12. streakpt

streakpt Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 290 Crossfire
    Yeah lol same here, i thought i was the only one!

13. Wrigleyvillain

Wrigleyvillain Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 480 1.5GB
    No texture issues in BC2 here.

14. RICC

RICC New Member

GPU:
    XFX5970 BE
    I have the same flickering with 11.1 + hang sometimes when I start BC2

15. tamalero

tamalero Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB

nevermind, I tried the newest Hotlist, while most bugs of games are gone.. stupid 100% GPU on desktop is back.
    and its worse than with 10.12 in consistency wise..
    just using the computer 8 hours, no videos, nothing that requires aceleration (maybe chrome? and photoshop?)
    and out of nowhere.. the gpu gets to 100%..
    note that I only use heavy firefox browsing (20 tabs), and chrome with at least 5 tabs.

so I dont think its related to exclusively to WMV9 aceleration.
    also I dont use drag & drop.

16. richymun4

richymun4 New Member

GPU:
    xfx 5970
    I had the 100% gpu while idle since the 10.12 and i had it with the 11.1 hotfix but i reinstalled the 11.1 hotfix without the avivo ,drag and drop and wmv9 thingy and i havnt had the 100%gpu problem since so there you go.

17. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    That bug is really random between people who're having it, so no one really knows what's causing it.
    Some people fix it by not installing them (WMV9 acceleration & drag-n-drop conversion) at all, and there are weird cases like zer0_c0ol's above.

YMMV, really.

But if you're heavy on browsing with firefox & chrome, you might wanna try the newest Flash Player 10.2 RC.
    TwL also mentioned some errors related to Flash Player's hardware-accelerated rendering but I can't really remember what, so you might want to try installing the newest RC; it's what I've been using too, btw.

In any case, HTH.
    Sorry if it doesn't, though. =b

18. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Just reporting for the Linux side of things. 11.1 64bit, ubuntu 10.10, these drivers are fantastic. They've finally introduced a non-tearing mode which has made my laptop experience much more enjoyable. The entire screen gets triple buffered so there's absolutely no tearing in any application.

19. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070

I know flash under chrome has been acting up, I was on dr peppers site and the flash crashed the browser, I had to use firefox.

20. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    Hi all,no problems with drivers 11.1 or hotfix,apps install fine right up to the gpu instalation then it goes to ***t,fail to install gpu error no gpu support for 5970,the weird thing is that same happens with Cat10.12.
    I can install 11.1a over Cat10.10e but only uses 10.10 for gpu...any ideas guys