NVIDIA 266.66 Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Adeks, Jan 25, 2011.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    And not for yours either so stfu and mind your own business.

@ GhostXL

you dont get it, they are special for 560gtx and that's what i said in the first place.

Then you were all smart and said they're the same lol, try them first before you speak up and make comments like that.

AND NO THEY AREN'T THE SAME AS 266.58.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  2. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    No point in trying this...actually no point in trying any newer driver unless it addresses a problem with a game I purchase in the future; couldn’t ask for better performance than 266.58 in current titles with my rig.

3. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    And yet you dont see me trying to mod them and install them on my system and then cry about it when they dont work right. No, instead I stick with the driver that was intended for my card in the first place, perhaps you should learn to do the same. :)

4. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    Okay, I cant help it anymore. You are stupid, Period. GhostXL could not have made it any more simple for you to understand and you STILL do not get it. LOL.

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    keep trolling, psycho.

He didn't say aynthing, he only assumed they're the same because there is nothing in the release notes, wow yes very clever. Im not gonna chit chat this crap with you 2 anymore.

btw, i've reported your trolling bs.

6. clawhamer

clawhamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
    This driver must really suck for the thread to take such a quick downward spiral.

7. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    If this was the same as 266.58, scaling should still work? So im with Hunter here, its not the same driver. Just because changelog only mentions "added support for xxx card", does not mean automatically that it doesnt have other "changes" as well.

8. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

Bad for 570 cards, makes sense tho 560s are being released and a new driver, 1+1= 2 :D

9. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I thought you sold your PC, bought a console and became a Hare Krishna, shouldn't you be spreading love and not hate?

silly fickle forum/pc gamer rage quitters...

10. BigRob

BigRob Banned

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 570@920mhz
    Like wise for your language. :)

11. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    Bigrob

not worth the energy for someone like you, really once a troll always a troll..gl on the forums.

12. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Will you guys stop your bitching and reporting,just tell how to change the f'in number please.
    I bet its a pain in the ass but you can do it somehow.

13. qqiiipp

qqiiipp Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 970
    You guys... are fu**ing ridiculous. Today i went to check my favorite forum(wont say the name)to see whats going on, and i read 2 pages of USELESS spam about some "fresh" driver related to some fresh peace of hardware.
    @TheHunter
    I believe what some other dude in this thread(i forgot the name) was trying to say is that THIS driver(266.66) perform just the same as 266.58 ON the GTX560Ti because there is no official 266.58 for this GPU... you get the point already? :)
    YES! it wont perform the same because your GPU is not GTX560Ti and even if it is, it wont perform the same neither because then you will try 266.58 with modded inf in order to install it on a GTX560Ti.... It's logical dude. Don't get me wrong, i don't want to jump over you or anyone else, just think about it a little more deeper next time please.

@cowie
    Relax dude, your soul will not burn in hell for installing those drivers :p and i don't see a point for doing it as well.
    About your question... i believe its hard coded, but i may be wrong ofc.

14. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Alright I see you can't be helped. It's the same driver as with GTX 560 Ti support period. There isn't anything special about it besides an INF with the 560 included. It performs the exact SAME as the 266.58 WHQL on other cards. ALL they did was take the 266.58 WHQL driver, ADD the GTX 560 Ti support, and CHANGEED the driver number to specify THIS IS FOR THE GTX 560 Ti.

There is NO performance improvements, NO fixes, NOTHING NEW compared to the 266.58's for a non GTX 560.

This is my last attempt to try to get you to understand. You may think because of your 8k + post count you know what you are talking about and are always right. I'm sorry, but you aren't always right. Nobody is. Everyone has flaws and misjudgements. In this case Hunter you are wrong, and It saddens me to instead of admitting to it, you just keep going on and on even when told other wise.

@cowie

I wish I knew what to tell you, I feel the same way about those numbers. Too creepy for me.

15. johnny87au

johnny87au Guest

Been confirmed this is specifically designed for te 560 nothing else according to Nvidia..:nerd:

16. centuryman007

centuryman007 Member

GPU:
    Asus HD 7990
    Ran a few benchmarks on my gtx 460 and they are exactly the same as 266.58 performance wise, IQ is the same (like anyone can really tell the difference, pretty sure its all placebo),fan speed the same.

Change log = list of changes since last driver.

If other changes were made they would state so otherwise the change log would be pointless. And i don't think the 200 series is a priority anymore so best case scenario you get a minor incidental increase in fps, otherwise it should be expected to break games, its simply not meant for your card!

Same way the 258.96 caused blue screen on boot with my gtx 460, it wasn't made for my card, serves me right.

If it said "performance increase 10% in XXXX with GTX 500 series" then it would make sense to say they are different and have caused issues otherwise the fact is they are identical to the WHQL driver but with added 'official' support for gtx 560 ti.

Surely there's no more to be said about it? :)

17. dnottis

dnottis Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA SSC 970 GTX 4GB
    Its easy and if you use a inf from previous drivers you will want to copy the date and version information into it anyways. In the .inf, then install them again.

[Version]
    Signature = "$Windows NT$"
    Provider = %NVIDIA%
    ClassGUID = {4D36E968-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
    Class = Display
    DriverVer = 01/13/2011, 8.17.12.xxxx <<<<<<
    CatalogFile = NV_DISP.CAT

18. Nerdness

Nerdness Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX970 4GB SC SLI
    Sounds like I'll stick with the 266.58s. My system is running them perfectly anyway.

19. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:

don't act all smart and call me stupid really, or i'll start calling you names moron.

Yes they could be the same as 266.58 but they're not, they are optimized further for 560gtx, with 266.58 as a base profile and then with special optimizations for 560gtx.. So yea that's what i said and been saying for the moment i first posted here,..

Then you showed up and said that they are 100% the same, how the hell do you know? you dont have a that gpu so yea you know as much as i do, and besides you didnt even test this driver!
    so i suggest you to shut it because you still dont have a clue if they the same or not, which they aren't.

If they were, then i wouldn't see any diff between 266.58 and these 266.66, just like another 570gtx user also said these are much worse compared to 266.58, so we both imagine it a?:stewpid: lol..

Im done talking to that "smart brain" of yours.

20. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    Ahhh i see guru3D is still the insulting each other forum it once was, i gave up reporting posts ages ago because it's difficult to even see a mod around here. The only time to actually get a response from staff is by mentioning about the NDA being broken and then the admin steps forward getting upset about his forum :|