Assassins Creed II and Low FPS on my Rig... Is My Processor is Culprit..!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by xtremegamer, Jan 25, 2011.

1. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

k Mate.... SandyBridge i2500k i think it's i5... Need a Mob too Which one tat's in Budget Asus or Gigabyte...

2. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Yeah, it's an i5...I also thought we've sped through times so fast it's already i2500K... xb

Get an ASRock if you want a budget mobo with a solid build; ASRock is ASUS too.
    Or you could try looking for the ASUS Sabertooth series.

3. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

@k1net1cs... Mate don't kill me... Asus Sabertooth i think it's high end, Any models u have in mind...

4. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

@Pey.. Ur Images looks cool, Nice Screenshots mate, i can only dream.....

5. Corbus

Corbus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Moist 6900 XT
    i'd suggest getting a ASRock P67 Extreme4 ,..

if you get anything else make sure it has Intel P67 chipset ...

6. s3fr

s3fr Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4770 900/1020
    have a similar procy, overclocking it did diddly squat to the fps.. both ac2 n splinter cell conviction from ubi tanked badly on my rig.. worst performers for me amongst all games that came out last yr.

7. blesner

blesner Guest

GPU:
    MSI Nvidia GTX 690
    No mate all my other games ran flawless , besides Splinter Cell and AC2.
    I heard that AC2 utilizes i7 tech?!

8. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    AC2 cpu usage was big, but performance here was great...

except in that place you build your own improvements. There it sucked xP.

There is no i7 tech, just power, the only "i7" tech i can think its using more than 4 cores.

9. Cooketh

Cooketh Guest

GPU:
    ATI Sapphire HD 6870 x 2
    Make sure that there isn't AA forced on in CCC. (set the AA type of to multi-sample AA, not adaptive or super sample). Also make sure that there isn't any AA forced on in CCC (set application prefernces check box, etc)

Makre sure that Vsync isn't forced on in CCC. If it is, turn it off and tell it let the application decide, and then turn it off in AC II via options. If Vsync is on, your computer might be locking your FPS to your set refresh rate (hopefully 60hz or 50hz), but then may instead set your fps to 30 during the game when there's alot of demand on the computer. It may set it even lower as it's trying to lock at a stable FPS.

ACII isn't the most well optimized game in the world either, especially with ATi cards which UbiSoft has a rocky history with. Example: ACI had dx10.1, something ATi only had at the time. Come a short time later after it's pc release, ACI got a patch that seemed to remove DX10.1

If all else fails, force the game into DX9 mode. (edit the DX level in the gama.ini file usually somewhere in your documents folder. You can google where the exact location of the Assassins Creed II game.ini file will be for you).

Last but not least. Overclock your card just a few Mhz using Rivatuner. And lock the fan speed to 50% or higher using Rivatuner. Maybe CCC isn't setting your cards clock rate to it's maximum and is stuck in "power save mode", despite what GPU-Z may tell you. And while I'm at it, disable power saving settings on windows. All of them, especially the ones concerning graphics and PCI slots.

10. OGRISH

OGRISH New Member

GPU:
    HD4870
    xtremegamer - oc yor cpu and play AC2 on XP SP3. You will feel the difference between XP and vista/7 on your cpu just like I when I was playing on E5200@3.7 + HD4870.

11. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    Like xSoriNx has said, ASROCK P67 Extreme 4 is a good value.
    But if you don't want to go SLI and wish to save a few bucks, get the ASRock P67 PRO3 version.

12. xtremegamer

xtremegamer Guest

Thank U for all my Friends, u guys are very supportive, this is the best forum and site ever had.....