266.58 WHQL Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by burebista, Jan 18, 2011.

?

Better or worst than previous sets?

1. Better

64.4%
  2. Worst

19.2%
  3. Same

16.3%
  1. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Just ended Mess Effect 1, WOW what a great game was it, the Story the
    Action and the Game play was just unbelievable:)

Just ordered Mass Effect 2, can't wait to play it:banana:

2. Jasonnov118

Jasonnov118 Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX460 1GB Hawk Talon
    If you liked the first one, you'll LOVE the 2nd. One of the best games I've ever played IMO. What class and decisions did you choose for the 1st?

3. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    The good guy, i played the most with Ashley and Garrus and Liara, and the Sex
    scene with Ashley was also a Bonus:banana:

And it's a shame you can't buy the Special Edition of Mass Effect 2 anymore.

I but Mass Effect 2 at bol.com, for € 17,99 thats 24,49 dollar.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2011
  4. funkmunky80

funkmunky80 Member

GPU:
    Palit GF9800GTX+ 512MB
    Should get more than that shouldn't you? My 9800GTX+ gets 6.9 :p

5. alexutzuro

alexutzuro Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD7970 3GB @1125/1575
    Hello everybody!

I just registered on this forum and i'm glad to be here.

I'm having a major issue with these:
    -My mouse randomly lags for 2-3 seconds while on desktop (NEVER in-game).
    The issue is 100% due to the driver 'cause it stops lagging with the previous one but i get other issues. The problem is really annoying, so PLEASE give me a hand with this problem.

Thank you in advance
    Alex

6. jrolson

jrolson Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    These drivers made Bad Company 2 worse for me. More stuttering with random FPS drops.

7. Blacklash

Blacklash Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX 470 4Gb
    Enjoy:)

ME2 is great. I played it with my Infiltrator twice. I was fairly balanced with paragon/renegade the first time and went max renegade for the second time.

8. alexutzuro

alexutzuro Guest

GPU:
    No one can help me out here? :(

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Oh, you wait 3 hours and start to cry because no one knows an answer to your weird problem? Great attitude.

10. alexutzuro

alexutzuro Guest

GPU:
    Oh you have GOT to be kidding me!

Sorry if i offended you "with my attitude".
    I'm gonna go and sit in the corner now.... meanwhile maybe nvidia releases yet another driver wich fixes this issue so i won't have to refresh my post.

BTW take my advice (if you will):

"It's better to be part of the solution than part of the problem"

Maybe now you can share with us the point of beeing rude to me...

Thx

11. Br34ch

Br34ch Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Last update I got from nvidia's support:
    As of there are some known issue with the driver, the driver developing team is working on it at this moment. As Of now I would suggest you to now remain with the driver version 260.99

12. Sr7

Sr7 Master Guru

...because uninstalling has always removed the the old driver. How would this new option's decision to remove the old driver be any better than what drivers without this option do by default? The reason they left files behind before will still apply here. The difference is that if you do not over-install, and instead do a clean install, you inherit the new manage3d defaults from the new driver, instead of preserving your old settings.

13. Lightmgl

Lightmgl Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 SC SLI
    Just a followup to the issues I was having. They seem to be related to PCI Express Frequency on the motherboard. Many mobos when overclocked manually or automatically bump up the PCI Express frequency by a hz or 2 to increase stability since overclocking parts of the Southbridge can cause fluctuations.

These drivers are apparently incredibly sensitive to this compared to past drivers and can have very large issues if PCI-Express frequency is changed from 100, even if it is just set to 101 or 102 which is a very common stability setting.

14. savannahmick

savannahmick Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC GTX1060
    Did you change your prerendered frames from the default setting of 3 in Nvidia Control Panel 3d settings? Changing the amount of prerendered frames will cause mouse lag, but also can fix a mouse lag issue. Just a idea I have seen where this setting has caused mouse issues!So far this driver is decent lost a couple fps in certain games but the AA issue was more important to me and it seems fixed. Good Luck!

15. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @alex: Yes, your attitude and behaviour is disgusting. Obviously you didn't do anything in those 3 hours to solve the problem yourself, just sit around and wait for someone to reply. If you can't be bothered to find a solution on your own, why would you think someone else would care to do this?

16. jarablue

jarablue Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4080 Black
    My HDTV monitor is now flickering yellow in games and want's to display in 24hertz mode instead of 60 hertz. Is there a fix for this?

17. alexutzuro

alexutzuro Guest

GPU:

And how did you come to this conclusion?
    My friend, the number of things i did in the same time were:

1. Changed platform from X58 to 1155
    2. Changed MB manufacturer from Gigabyte to ASUS
    3. Changed memory, incloding memory manufacturer.
    4. Installed new BIOS
    5. Overclocked CPU and MEMORY
    6. Changed video card
    7. Installed new drivers for video card
    8. Overclocked video card
    9. Updated to SP1 service pack for Win 7

So, as you can see, a "number" of things chnaged on my sistem in the same time, including 2 different forceware drivers and 2 different kinds of BIOS.

Therefore, it's a lot easier to ask if someone had experienced the same symptoms as i did, rather than having to change my whole system including OS and EVERY SET OF DRIVERS AND BIOS there is out there!

And let's get one thing straight:

YOU DON'T HAVE TO READ MY POST!!!! JUST MOVE ON BY AND PRETEND YOU NEVER SAW ME!

WHOOOSH :wanker:

Thanks for your response, tried that but still no joy :(

Tomorrow i will buy a 2$ USB mouse so i can rule the MX5000 having problems out.

18. pasanen

pasanen Member

GPU:
    Inno3D GTX 980
    Is it just me, or do these drivers inflate the dwm.exe beyond the usual size? In Windows 7 I can't recall the process ever reaching 50MB this quickly, no matter how many windows I've had open, and no matter how long I've gone without a reboot.

I went back to 260.99, and now it appears to behave normally. Am I just imagining things here?

19. jasonmvt

jasonmvt Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti
    Anyone getting some quirkiness from these drivers? They perform great for me, but I've had a bluescreen (code:"a") in Black Ops at the main menu (haven't had a bsod in a long long time) and the desktop will randomly drop to the basic color scheme, then recover shortly after, a few times a day, along with a few quirks while switching monitors. I tortured them with a ton of 3dmark11 runs with overclocks and can't seem to make them crash though.

No big deal, I'm just at the "do I continue on with these, or rollback to my previous drivers?" phase, and wondered if anyone else with 480's wasn't 100% on this release.

20. archie123

archie123 Guest

GPU:
    Aorus 1080ti Extreme
    Responses like that are only going to put new members off these forums "your attitude and behaviour is disgusting."?? wtf? , if you have nothing helpfull to say stay quiet , he has a valid problem and needs guru help , i remember when you could ask any question on here and be met with helpfull tips not attitude and for the most part luckily it still stays the same

alexutzuro there has been a lot of talk of the MX500 and win 7 64bit having issues and it was down to drivers , i realise your issue is also related to your gpu drivers but maybe roll back to an earlier edition of your mouse drivers?

the last stable set of logitech drivers i can use is 4.90.80 (control center version 6.00.84) there have been a few releases since then but all of them give me lag problems