Nvidia AA guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by GanjaStar, Jan 16, 2011.

1. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    :bang: :) it was user error after all. it happens to everyone :) I could not have predicted something like that :D

2. paradox

paradox Master Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GTX 470 on HDTV
    finally got it to work. ty everyone for youre help! :)

just tryed Dead Space and using x32 CSAA the qualyti is great but I get only 30-35 fps thats one huge drop. btw should I disable AA in game before using AA in Nvidia Inspector?

3. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    yes.

4. The Sleeper

The Sleeper Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 FE
    The AA profile for Dead space works and it looks nice BUT after installing the new 266.58 drivers i can only use 2 x aa or the game will drop SUDDENLY to 30 fps in some areas ;0(. Had no problems with the last set of drivers ...

I use D3D overrider so it should not be a Tripple buffer problem ...

5. Frizzle

Frizzle Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580
    Has anyone tried this with GTA4?? And how about battlefield bad company 2? It has built-in AA but I was never happy with it, still too many jaggies.

Also, I see the program comes with a lot of game profiles ready-made, if I try to assign a game to a profile, for instance the bad company 2 one to the bad company 2 executable it says that this program is already assigned to this profile; does this mean once you run the program once all the found game executables get assigned to the profiles in the nvidia inspector and will automatically load when the game is started? Or do I have to apply the profile before starting the game? Thanks for this great thread! :)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  6. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    any for NFS SHIFT it always stutter or micro stutter on curves...i have a SLI of 460 now and same crap, i managed to improve it a lot on inspector but would be nice if someone has another profile

thanks !
    Sergio

7. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    i have that on some tracks on a single gpu. A few of the city races. i think its a game flaw separate form the scope of this thread.

nothing i changed in nv drivers completely got rid of it.

8. Frizzle

Frizzle Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580
    I'm trying to understand how I use this program, and am trying to get it to work for medal of honor. Below is what I set the profile to, I have disabled AA ingame and applied these settings but jaggies are awful so I guess that's a fail. Can anybody help?

[​IMG]

9. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    multiplayer and single player moha are two diferent engines. and thx for reminding me of that. :) you found a flaw in the guide :)

for single player, use the flag you are using (do not touch the dx 10 compatibility setting.). multiplayer is the same engine as bad company 2, so if you want to overide AA there, you need to use dx9, and use the dx9 bad company 2 flag as posted in the original post. (assuming moha has dx 9, like bad company 2).

please let me know if there is dx9 in moha multiplayer, so i can add it to the guide. :)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  10. andressergio

andressergio Master Guru

GPU:
    GALAX GTX 1080Ti HOF SLI
    if it helps with this i make it go and A LOT...

[​IMG]

11. MajorMagee

MajorMagee Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I've been looking for one to get Wings Of Prey to use anything better than the in game 6X AA.

12. Frizzle

Frizzle Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580
    Did a little snooping around and according to this post MoH MP has dx9 10 and 11 support. Single player is dx9.

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/medalofhonor/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-57094514&pid=980771

I still can't get AA to work for SP. I tried these settings: (I dont have SLI btw, should it be that with SLI compatability?) http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8528/nipl.jpg

Anyway, I tried to override game settings and to enhance game settings. Tried both with ingame AA on and off. Anything I do, it still looks like this: http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/4323/mohm.jpg

Any help would really be appreciated

EDIT: On another forum I found a post where someone said to use the Starcraft II flag for SP campaign and that worked! http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/5162/moh2r.jpg

the post: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/3166947.page

13. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Have you tried using the Enhance option and then selecting the amount of AA you want from the control panel?

14. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    No that's not right..

Enhance will only work if AA is enabled in game.
    Tweakguides says Enhance lets the driver to control the type of AA will be applied, but allows the game to decide where it will be used..

-*but*
    I also hear that Enhance uses CSAA to increase the amount of AA applied by the game...this is according to Aliens that touched down in my backyard last Friday,

Override will do nothing if Nvidia has included a driver flag to ignore it (this is why so many people had trouble with BF2).
    So when using override, make sure to remove any existing flags.
    This can be done with Inspector..

15. Frizzle

Frizzle Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580
    What would be an appropriate flag for bad company 2 DX10 mp?

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Any AA flags will show in the first option under AntiAliasing.Called AA Behavior Flags.

17. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    what flag for world of warcraft running in d3d mode forcing does't work unless its in d3d9

18. Frizzle

Frizzle Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX580
    I'm asking what the Antialiasing compatibility flag should be for DX10 mode

19. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I don't know.....I'm not talking about compatibility flags...:3eyes:

Who are you asking??? Cuz to me that didn't make one bit of sense

20. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    thats what i am saying, i just gave a longer explanation, so maybe it came out wrong.

there isn't one. the AA in battlefield dx10 and dx 11 is not true FSAA. theres still a lot of jaggies left over, and there isn't many dx10 AA flags known at this point.

if you want to overide AA in bad company 2, you need to use dx9.

I played the game less then a month ago, and the flag i put in the guide works cause i used it myself. stracraft 2 flag is a very brute force approach, so I would avoid it unless you have the horsepower. From your pic, your using enhance. do not use enhance, use overide. dont even touch sli compatibility.

also, I would create separate profile for single player and mutliplayer, becase they are two different game engines. single player is unreal 3 engine (or 2.5), mutliplayer is Frostbite engine. Just delete the default profile, and create 2 new ones, one for the single player exe file, another for the mutliplayer exe file.