266.58 WHQL Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by burebista, Jan 18, 2011.

?

Better or worst than previous sets?

1. Better

64.4%
  2. Worst

19.2%
  3. Same

16.3%
  1. Mojak

Mojak Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 470
    Yeah i definitely forgot about the downclocking thing. I've just set maximum performance for wow for so long...

Something else I did was create a 100 gig partition, copied wow to it and I keep it defragged every week. The Data\Cache files always seem to get stupidly fragmented so anytime it goes to load things up I'd get some hitching.

2. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    No problem here, Control Panel always works on my computer , with all the
    drivers.

3. fighter-il

fighter-il Member

GPU:
    xfx geforce 6600gt agp 128mb/128bit
    are you crazy? ultra shadow already kills my fps, so use anti aliasing too? i wont be able to enter orgrimmar!

4. tehalirigsho

tehalirigsho Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 SC
    best driver yet.. no problems to report so far! this even works flawlessly on my backup system that has a geforce 210 :)

5. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Do not expect much from this new driver with your old system with a Geforce
    6600 GT AGP, do not expect anything of any new driver, you have a 7 year old
    GFX Card (system) and that in the computer business is Old.

Everything kills your fps, why not upgrade?

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  6. Zer0K3wL

Zer0K3wL Banned

GPU:
    gtx 480 850/1700/2000 h2o
    my gpu usage is 30% in ogrimmar with 60 fps no i'm not crazy but forcing aa does't work so what aa flag do i use to be able to force it in d3d11

forcing aa works fine if i use d3d9

7. sudanmalkovich

sudanmalkovich Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 SLI 840/1680/4000

I'm currently playing with SLI 64x AA with SLI 8x supersampling, no lock ups.
    However, SLI doesn't seem to work (so I'm using SLI AA, around 30fps with SLI on, solid 60fps vsync enabled with single GPU with SLI AA) like previous 266.44 and
    AA is still partial, ugly jaggies on poles. oh well, it IS developer's fault in the first place, not nvidia's tho.

8. Br34ch

Br34ch Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    Try turning off Ambient Occlusion (AO). AO causes similar artifacts in Bioshock for me and I am currently on the 4th e-mail to nVidia's Indian support... who say (surprise) they don't see the problem.

9. Br34ch

Br34ch Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    a) I am talking about Bioshock 1
    b) It works perfectly fine with 260.99
    c) You'd think they'd put something like that in the RNs - like, AO no longer works with Assassin's Creed and Bioshock because we chose to make it work with SC2 instead...
    d) Oh, and I'm playing with VSync on so guess what my high frame is? Right, 60.

I'm back to 260.99 now for good. Guess it's the good old times again when one had keep around 3-4 different forceware drivers for different games :)

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Well, the only issue I've had with this driver release....which appeared lastnight, is the only alt+tab problem. I can no longer alt+tab out of World of Warcraft at all...

11. Moshing

Moshing Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580 BOE@900core
    Alt+tab is still working in Stalker CoP, Dawn of War Soulstorm, Fallout New Vegas that I've tested so far.

12. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    They seem to break alt+tab in WoW at least once a year...

13. LeinadBRA

LeinadBRA Member

GPU:
    9800gt SLI
    Thats what i have to say abought these drivers:
    2nd WORST driver i ever installed, why?
    Nvidia Panel crashes all the time;
    Drivers die during 3d api executations;
    ALL windows is slow as hell;
    Loadings take forever (Warcraft III map of 4mb took like 30 secs to load!!!)
    Configs dont save (The main one too!)
    Stuterings have never been so..... epic?

WTF NVidia!!!!! Since 190+ Drivers you have been allowing crap WHQL to come out of your testing headquarters from time to time! What the F%¨&* is happening?!!!!

Went back to 260.99 and all is normal again, at least these c%¨&* drivers havent killed my VGAs....yet.... like the 1st of all did with my 8800gt last year.... sign.....

14. Moshing

Moshing Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580 BOE@900core
    Nvidia does seem to have a bad habit of letting older cards get buggy as heck in driver support as new models come out. AMD isn't any better about that though, if that's any consolation :)

15. Hapatingjaky

Hapatingjaky Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus 3080Ti OC
    World Of Warcraft AA modes for DX 10/11 you must use ingame AA settings. Forcing AA won't work. But the game is one buggy mess since the release of the patch before the exspansion. You can't even use LIQUID DETAL past Fair because water etc disapears...

16. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    So, how's the AA in games overall? With 263.09 drivers 16xQAA looks like 2xMSAA or even worse in Oblivion (and Mass Effect 2 for example) is that fixed?

17. KingBeavis

KingBeavis Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Gtx 580 1536
    Starcraft2:
    I have the same problem, i already tried to remove the driver and reinstall it, but with no effect, i also removed the driver from the registry :bang:

18. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    well it should work, this is how it looks in nvidia inspector

[​IMG]

just enable AO setting by choosing performance or quality.

19. sudanmalkovich

sudanmalkovich Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX480 SLI 840/1680/4000

FYI

ME2 8x CSAA (NOT even MSAA) with 4x SGSSAA (resized from 1920 x 1080 to 1280 x 720 for Guru3d scrnshot thread)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

virtually no jaggy whatsoever.
    actually it has been this way from 260.99 and ME2 is one of those titles that AA perform real good.

20. LeinadBRA

LeinadBRA Member

GPU:
    9800gt SLI
    Hope the GTS550 to be released soon..... so i can finally play dx11 and have.... ya know, proper driver support as you are saying for what? The next 2-3 years? (I can dream right? XD )
    Also i think its time to upgrade my cpu a little, damn i hate being "poor" lol.

Tryed installing drivers again to see if it was a corrupted download or if something went wrong during last install but nope, all the same buggs again and went back to even the 259 ones solved the problem, so yeah it was the driver.... D$%¨you Nvidia.... :bang:
    Using 260.99, last that works.