11.1a hotfix issue

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Myzon26, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Myzon26

Myzon26 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7950 crossfire
    11.1a hotfix issue **FIXED**

i'm hoping someone can figure out how i screwed up my driver install. Ok so i started with 10.12's, removed those(cccleaner, driver sweeper in safe mode) and i installed 11.1a. everything was fine ccc2 came up fine and had all the tess options. Not knowing how to leave well enough alone, i start reading about the Twl tweaks and such, so i go that route. I followed the instructions to a T. Now when i look in ccc2 there are no tess options at all(seems like more than that is missing)and the oddest thing is that 3dmark11 sees my card as a 4800. If i right click on the desktop, go into screen resolution->advanced, it says the adapter type is radeon 4800. If i click on the properties however, it says radeon 6900 series. I'm clueless here. I tried reinstalling using my method (no twl,ccleaner,driver sweeper) and i get the same thing. Thanks in advance for any help

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  2. DarkSilver

DarkSilver Active Member

GPU:
    Palit GeForceā„¢ GTX 670 JS
    This is probably because you flashed your GPU BIOS before.
    So, the inf file can't recognize your GPU properly.

Try flash it back to original BIOS?

3. Myzon26

Myzon26 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7950 crossfire
    i thought about that but when i installed 11.1a the first time it was on this same bios and i had all the tess options and everything was recognizing it as a 6900. i had a 4870 before this, is there some obscure place a little piece of that driver may be hiding that the steps i've taken wouldn't erase?

4. Myzon26

Myzon26 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7950 crossfire
    ok so here's what i did. Ive read a bunch of places about ghost drivers and how to get rid of them going through cmd into the device manager. This must have been a ninja ghost driver because even then it didn't show in device manager. I looked around on the web some more and found a program called "Ghostbuster" of all things. It showed me all kinds of ghost drivers i had running, some i need but a lot i don't including the elusive 4800 driver. Using all the regcleaners i could get my hands on as well as ghostbuster the driver is gone and everything says my system has a 6900 :banana:

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    You fixed it then, thats good. :)

6. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Hmm, never heard of that program before. But it read similar to this:
    1. Type: CMD in start's search box
    2. Right click on CMD from the list and Run as Administrator
    3. At the dos prompt typed: set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 (this will show all hidden devices in Device Manager)
    4. Type devmgmt.msc (this will take you to Device Manager). Click on View and select show hidden devices
    5. Look in Display Adapter for any grayed out video cards and uninstall them (or any old video card devices).
    6. Goto Device you want to check for any duplicate entries. Delete as needed. (IE: Monitor, Video Card, Sound Card).

In any case good to know you worked it out.

7. ElektroGuy

ElektroGuy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ARHD 5870
    Do you like my nails?