AMD Catalyst 11.1a Hotfix (8.82.2) Win7 x86/x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. NitrousX

NitrousX Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan Black SC
    Glad I am not the only one encountering this problem. The performance is great with these drivers but I can't standing not having a constant fan speed :bang:

2. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    If you post your problems, maybe someone can help you. I'm just like you but the 11.1a fixed a lot issues from 10.12a for me. If they keep it up, I might end up keeping CFX setup.

3. Ryansta

Ryansta Member

GPU:
    2x Radeon 6870
    I had issues with 10.12a. Mainly with Black Ops and xfire. Also i only managed a 4200 on 3Dmark11

Last night i was back to gaming with black ops working 100% and got 7300 in 3dmark11 with my CPU at stock. Im happy with 11.1a:)

4. Athlonite

Athlonite Maha Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX5700 8GB
    seems like after reading through this thread I need to D/L these and get them installed as quick as a chicken in Ethiopia, is anyone using these for F@H any performance degradation/increase or same same

5. ElektroGuy

ElektroGuy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire ARHD 5870
    Hmm...I'm not getting those problems with 10.12.

6. DarthElvis

DarthElvis Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx980 g1
    Unfortunately, that's the bottom line. These drivers are buggy for me. I went back to the 10.12's from the Sapphire site(8.801-101125a).

I really hope the Cat team does not make me regret getting my 6970. But I have a feeling the unified driver thing will be their undoing, since there are a number of differences from the 4xx and 5xx series compared to the 69xx. Seems impossible to optimize one driver for every card out there. They have to compromise somewhere, probably why drivers are getting worse as time goes on.

I hope Spyre is right over on Rage3d, and these are not the hotfix drivers that are being released next week. He would know, since he's a beta tester.

Rflair, how about it, does Spyre speak the truth? Or are these the ones we're getting stuck with next week ?

And will we be able to stick with the old CCC ? I couldn't get the tessellation option to show on the old CCC (via the reg hack) and I loathe the new one.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  7. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Update on my findings:

Doom 3, Prey and Quake Wars Enemy Territory cannot set 16:9 WS format even when forced in config files with commands from http://www.widescreengaming.net/wiki/Doom_3

Tried both single/cfx, default application settings for AA, AF, Tessalation and forced AA/AF

I can set it to any 4:3 resolution though.

Natural Selection 2 Beta (source engine?) still has texture / geometry corruption when AA is forced in ccc. Setting this back to application then it works but appears to not have any AA. CFX is working. Already reported to NS team and they have determined it is an driver issue since it works in Valve's source engine games.

Heaven's Benchmark Opengl does not even open for me in single or cfx mode. Reinstalled and same error.

8. Liniuxs

Liniuxs Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD5770
    Then I installing these, I get Application failure and after install I can't open CCC

9. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Keepers for me , no problems at all.

10. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    no problems here either.

11. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Excellent! I'll try these when I get home from work.

12. Liniuxs

Liniuxs Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD5770
    Then you installing, you didn't got any errors?

13. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    no problems on here also, rock stable on 5870 CrossfireX (Vista 64, thanks to rflair:thumbup:). I just tested Unigine and 3DMark 2011 but I didn't see any difference. On F1 2010 I see a slight increase in bench but nothing to worth speak about. I'll wait the CAP's for it.:3eyes:

14. Peerless

Peerless Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980 sli 4gb
    Ok so I have been whining on the other thread about these drivers and how I am going to have to send my 5970 in for rma but have been hesitating because I don't want to have to remove my sli so I can put the other card in the htpc for the mean while (spoiled I know). But after seeing what you have gotten in frames than there is definitely something wrong with my card, thanks for posting up your results with these drivers.

15. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    3Dmark11
    P9640

GPU 950/1450
    CPU 3.5ghz

* Will overlcock CPU to 4.2ghz and test

16. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf

i was being sarcastic dude

17. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    okay ty

18. Danny Nissan

Danny Nissan Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4890 1GB
    Dont know if it was reported, but official 11.1a are newer than the ones leaked (these ones).

This according to spyre (beta tester who actually have the real 11.1a driver).

19. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    Ok so after some gaming and Second Life usage these drivers seems to be an improvement in some areas and not in others so i will be keeping these installed and see what the next set bring.

Funny results though..

Heaven Benchmark = slightly lower result than 10.12 RC3
    3DMark11 = pretty much same as 10.12 RC3
    3DMark06 = same again
    3DMarkVantage = a nice 700+ score gain <-- :3eyes: LoL

Second Life seems to run a bit smoother especially when i whack up the settings to Ultra,the clouds are fixed now and shadows are working fairly well considering they were completely borked since i bought my 6870. There is a new Depth Of Field option that has been introduced to SL which was all messed up before but its now working fine like it should do (considering this is experimental) so as SL is openGL based i guess AMD has fixed quite a few openGL problems with these drivers,lets hope they keep this up and we get more improvements with future drivers.

My one problem that i would like to be fixed is the 720p in full screen that isnt looking right,yep that problem is still there for me and i need this for filming as i do all my videos in 720p (dont see the point in 1080p for youtube as youtube quality is degraded after upload anyway) AMD please fixed this,1280x720p full screen isnt working for me in BCBF2,GTA4 and probly any game at that resolution,its like the screen im looking at is dont fit my monitor and part of the image left and right side has been chopped off,any other resolution works fine.

So far so good,lets hope 2011 brings good things for us AMD/ATI card users :)

20. swecarl

swecarl Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 780ti Sli
    Is it just me or anyone els got 1000points LESS in 3d mark vantage and about 1000 LESS in 3dmark 11 with 11.1 ? The thing is 1000 points is pretty much what i gain from overclocking my 5970 card so it is like 11.1 wount accapt that i oc the card >< (altho ofc its set to 900/1300 in ccc2)

Something weird is going on :s