AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. Anthrax27

Anthrax27 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    Only cfx systems ?
    so I am safe right?

2. roocoon

roocoon Active Member

I just installed 5.05 for a mobility HD4670 on a Win7 x64 system.

Option #3 was supposed to force install CCC2 but I don't see CCC anywhere. Am I missing something?

Also the creation of files/folders as control flags doesn't always work.
    You'll need to change the format of some of the mkdir commands. Just put the file/folder in quotes instead of the '>' (probably a typo).

3. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Mobility, CFX, EyeFinity + HD69xx were affected.

4. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    CCC2 is then not possible to install.

No, mkdir commands works exactly as planned and no '>' is not typo if you do understand batch files that is to make temporal 'force' to applicate IF
    EXIST check on right part of script to correctly execute the unattended CCC2 installation and by this you should understand why there is '>' and that those
    mkdir's are not there to make folders. :)

You can copy CCC from '\optimize\Panel\CCC' to genetix_mab-x##\Packages\Apps > and run the setup.exe to install CCC only. Would correct the situation.

-edit-

Code:
    mkdir >logs\mhd.force
    ^ Makes an file "logs\mhd.force" at extraction folder.

Code:
    if EXIST "logs\mhd.force" ( msiexec /quiet /norestart "optimize\Panel\CCC2\Core-Static\ccc-core-static.msi" )
    ^ Detects the file to execute CCC 2.0 installation.

Code:
    IF EXIST "logs\mhd.force" (
    echo  --------------------------------------------------------
    echo -   Removing temporal install directing .force files.    -
    echo - Which were used to direct Mobility setup at logs folder. -
    echo  --------------------------------------------------------
    del /q "logs\mhd.force"
    )
    ^ removes the temporal file to prevent future installation CCC 2.0 detection.

@commonly

Although, there is an settings application bug noticed while I was troubleshooting CFX HD6 setup. These damn AMD Driver team jumps on
    Microsoft backup registrys and using them as primary are killing me. :)

My reg will utilize real 'CurrentControlSet', but AMD Driver is using what ever it was using last time. I'll have to make some compromise or search for this
    to apply correctly for next installation, but as of now this one is a clean bug until solved.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011

5. roocoon

roocoon Active Member

In my Win7 x64, if I run:

I get:
    Even so, the file is created just fine, so it's not a big deal.

Or you could do the same, getting rid of the error message in the process, in a variety of ways.
    e.g.
    Nevertheless, all the above, assume that the 'logs' folder has already being created. If not, the command will fail.

The 'logs' folder is created by the 'genetix_clean.cmd' that's run before but if somebody skips that step, or follows some other way to clean, the installer will fail.
    A 'mkdir logs' in the installer would make it safer.

6. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    Dude, wake up from your dose of ATI fanboyism... ATI guys were shafted in PhysX by ATI themselves : Click here for the full info and here.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  7. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    It's just fine :)

logs are created on first as should before anything as actions are logged. As for REM yeah, that would remove error and I might replace the command.
    As for 'safe' it's not 'unsafe' just a command to make a temp file. Even, if it would create an folder it wouldn't be unsafe.

check the clean-up, if you wanna see something unsafe. Currently rewriting some parts of it to FOR to bring down the loop and dropping some
    unnessessary permission hits. :)

@commonly

Will fix the tweaking values bug today.

I will provide and driver feature unlock as separate which requires CCC restart and I will build it in next build of installer. So, that users like 'roocoon'
    above could of seen that their system couldn't install CCC2 on begin with and unhide the driver installation process so 'custom' can be selected as like
    any CCC installations and not start haunting on my batch file to to be an problem origin.

As for the moment the application of registry and feature set on-hand matter.

8. Anthrax27

Anthrax27 Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580
    Ohh phew , okay then :)

9. colin87

colin87 Active Member

GPU:
    270x xfire
    Hi Guys

How well do these perform with crossfire on the 68xx and 69xx cards?

I'm planning on upgrading, my option are...

6950, mod to 6970
    6850 crossfire
    GTX 570, if all else fails
    Wait for 7xxx series later in the year

10. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    I think your best choice is to get the right section of the forum, this is for mod drivers, AMD cards are on the forum section above drivers,

@ twl

there seems to be a bug in 11.1a were the only way to get overdrive working is to install ccc2, then uninstall and install again without rebooting, you can set the sliders but everything is at stock, set fan to 100% and stays on auto, it works after uninstalling and installing again, tested 3 times, clean installs.

11. colin87

colin87 Active Member

GPU:
    270x xfire
    And that's why I started with...

"How well do these perform with crossfire on the 68xx and 69xx cards?"

If I was trying to find out what to buy, I'd go a read reviews.

I trying to figure out if there are any progress, because I'm hearing about a lot of issues on the 6xxx series cards running crossfire. I used TwL drivers when I was running 5770 in crossfire, and had few issues. Still running his latest now on my single card.

Like many users, I'm getting tired of AMD's BS, paying good money for hardware which is useless because they can't get a decent driver team together.

12. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @commonly

Building as fast as possible and I have a small surprise here store for you guys. I will add Final v5.10 up straight next, but I went through something I've not been able to build
    through before just 5 minutes ago and we will no longer need Display class data to apply the tweaks as I was attempting with v5.05.

I was building cross checking system to class data, but I found out while bottom like safe mode an bypass to the actual functions registry and so now we'll get much less
    checks and hassle of error. Also I did rebuild clean-up to replicate the changes of 11.1 and I did rebuild the concept what is checked to verify what is in systems and check
    against that instead than check against enough as there was before. This is reduce the script size incredibly much and we will also have couple new features and pretty near now completely fixed installation system with 'silent' and 'usual' options to execute.

As for optimization as said I will continue the current with current driver will not change as there isn't a damn thing wrong on v5.05 driver there was the most of failures became from installer and clean up not working as I build them from scrap to completely new script and this of course always does beta bugs. As for current I will through test myself all available options I loaned myself an 'Mobility HD5470', 2 of HD6950 cards, HD5850 for CFX checking and I will drop this new setups through full testing before the v5.10 is online.

I do relay old tweaking and not much will be done. Core thing currently now is that Installation as well as cleanup is solid and up-to-date for everyone and fully functional.

From there as soon we get basement done we will optimize to the 11.1 or what ever driver will be online then.

That is it for now and I will go back now to script this devil to ready for 5.10. :biggun:

13. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    @TwL

I love surprises!
    I guess I will postpone my ME2 Play through till you release the goods.

Thanks for the heads up!

Edit:

Also, I have been testing 11.1a
    And men, they do work GREAT! Only tested Mass Effect, but. There where way less slowdowns than before.
    Great IQ and Speed.

14. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    TwL, I went ahead and installed 11.1a hotfix to test and the DX9 module seems to have improved over 10.12a. Some game like GTA 3, VC and SA which did not work with CFX now work.

But the opengl is a mixmatch of errors. They claim to have fixed older game compatibility but broke a newer opengl4 benchmark. LOL...

Might be wise to wait for 11.1 WHQL which I hope they will fix the other lingering issues.

15. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    it seems that the ogl unigene bench works well if you turn off tess??? when I turn it on everything tesselated disapears but if I turn it off everything is norml and running high fps.

16. Tifone

Tifone Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 680 DC2 TOP
    Same effect here. But at least I noticed that stuttering is almost disappeared

17. max86

max86 Guest

GPU:
    Ati HD 4830
    Stupid question, but:
    Where are links to modified drivers? I cannot find genetix_cleanup.cmd n stuff anywhere in this thread...

18. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @commonly

19.01.2011: New NVIDIA patch up also fixed basics on installer so only the installer cmd was updated to include better WISE installation clean-up (optional).
    19.01.2011: Final Build v5.10 is up and I did some major testing on this one took me solid 10 hours to go through all equipment and installation methods and I almost completely fixed the batching and tweaking.

Final Build v5.10 - 10.12a baseline - [HD2xxx-6xxx CFX/TFX/QFX/Single Card Setups + NVIDIA Hybrid configs - EyeFinity/Single Display] - [19.01.2011]:

- Archives: 7-zip v9.20 - DRAM Minimum: 386MB
    * OpenGL Bug identified at high (OpenGL 4.x) application: Hotfix is provided HERE [Size: 13.79 MB]
    Usage: Apply the patch and OpenGL 4.0 functionality is restored.

x86 / 32-bit:
    Mirror 01 [ZippyShare] - Mirror 02 [MultiUpload] - Mirror 03 [MediaFire] - 133.70 MB (7-zip Archive)
    MD5: 59989f302f4d6452f3c83a9cf59f28bb

x64 / 64-bit:
    Mirror 01 [ZippyShare] - Mirror 02 [MultiUpload] - Mirror 03 [MediaFire] - 184.27 MB (7-zip Archive)
    MD5: 47a94312b8e6635b2b1b55378681f883

Final AGP/Mobility Build v5.10 - 10.12 baseline - [Mobility Radeons - AGP card setups] - [19.01.2011]:

- Archives: 7-zip v9.20 - DRAM Minimum: 128MB
    * OpenGL Bug identified at high (OpenGL 4.x) application: Hotfix is provided HERE [Size: 13.79 MB]
    Usage: Affects only Mobility setups at this package, Apply the patch and OpenGL 4.0 functionality is restored.

x86 / 32-bit:
    Mirror 01 [ZippyShare] - Mirror 02 [MultiUpload] - Mirror 03 [MediaFire] - 110.97 MB (7-zip Archive)
    MD5: 6bdacb1064471e06fee999c7a748f209

x64 / 64-bit:
    Mirror 01 [ZippyShare] - Mirror 02 [MultiUpload] - Mirror 03 [MediaFire] - 168.11 MB (7-zip Archive)
    MD5: c062ce33cf4293e195f18af88e2358f3

NVIDIA Hybrid Setups:

NVIDIA side installer was also updated a bit to first page. I added Installer patch only to v1.08 (~750 bytes) as v1.07 driver sets are just fine for the moment.

If anyone finds a bug please let me know. I try'd to hunt them down for several wayyyyyyyyy too many hours testing....

@Von Dach

You might wanna check this one out.

I have to say I lost left leg, 2 pans of coffee and few brain cells in the process of building this latest monster and, if nobody else is gonna congrat me on that install and cleaning system I'll greet myself. :grin:

Ps. I brought down the GUID and automated the video regs.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2011
  19. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    @TwL

I've just Jizzed man!

Lol
    Downloading Right now!!
    Thanks a lot for this great effort :D

20. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    I'm doing the same, will report back how the install etc goes for your mobile modifications.