266.58 WHQL Out

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by burebista, Jan 18, 2011.

?

Better or worst than previous sets?

1. Better

64.4%
  2. Worst

19.2%
  3. Same

16.3%
  1. funkmunky80

funkmunky80 Member

GPU:
    Palit GF9800GTX+ 512MB
    Please disregard my previous comment...

The new drivers did boost me to 30-50 fps (dx9 mode, all settings low/off, 1920*1080), but I was still only using 24% of the GPU... Then I remembered something: I removed and cleaned my GPU the other day, and somehow forgot to reconnect the power leads :3eyes:

Now that I've fixed that glaring error on my part, I'm back to medium settings, getting 65-120fps with the new drivers ;)

2. Lightmgl

Lightmgl Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 SC SLI
    These finally fixed the last problem I was having, tearing on the top half of the screen in Windowed Mode apps even with V-sync enabled. I can now say my 460 is completely flawless for everything I play.

3. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    You need to run drivesweeper in safemode for it to clean up registry entries that cannot be deleted in normal startup.

4. slickric21

slickric21 Guest

GPU:
    eVGA 1080ti SC / Gsync
    I run drivercleaner.net (which you have to buy though) after driversweeper.....
    it always finds loads of extra stuff driversweeper missed.

maybe that would help ???

5. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    I use the nv installer to do a clean install, hasnt failed me yet.

I find drivercleaner can often remove things that shouldn't be removed when used, particularly if you have an NV chipset.

Installed these. Very similar to 266.35. Solid performance in BC2 & BO, IQ is excellent, and no issues noted.

Havent done a 3d mark yet. Might so later to see.

All in all good set. (GTX460 on Win 7 x64)

6. LeZaSh

LeZaSh Guest

GPU:
    gtx460 1gb soc @900/4000
    got same setup.....very good driver best so far

7. BetA

BetA Ancient Guru

GPU:
    G1-GTX980@1400Mhz
    sorry mate i cant...the hdmi ports on the TV are hm, messed up..broken ..i dont know...when i go trough hdmi the picture is worse then with VGA..and VGA is supposed to work, thats what it says in the Book from the TV..VGA : native res 1680 x 1050..

anyway..im fine now..i only use HDTV for movies anyway..

only downside is i cant make downsampling any more on my Prof. CRT Flat Monitor anymore..

greetz Beta

8. RedruM-X

RedruM-X Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G

Totally untrue.

The fact is even that certain resolutions can't even be gotten to without VGA, like on my LG 42" LCD which runs at 1920x1200, but dvi makes it only go at max 1920x1080.

The only difference with dvi is that the colors are displayed per pixel, which gives a more correct display, but you're nothing with that if you can't get the resolution you want to.

And this problem I'm having btw also with my Samsung lcd monitor, it's totally NVIDIA's fault. It's actually all linked to the custom resolution problem they have been having with all drivers since 258.96.
    They're not doing anything about it anymore it seems, as I've made several posts to ManuelG on NVIDIA forums about this, explaining it step by step with pictures and everything... and every time a new driver comes out, same problem. But like I said, that's more for the problem with custom resolutions, and your problem is only partially linked to that, so hopefully it gets solved ;-)

9. Bentez

Bentez Guest

GPU:
    Palit GR RTX 3080
    had a hard crash with JC2 last night, everything working great in all tested programs but after about 20 minutes my machine froze and not even the reset button worked, had to switch the PSU off and on, not sure if this was driver + JC2 related or my increasingly worrysome powersupply. JC2 was brought up earlier so I thought I'd mention it. I had spent a good 90 minutes playing BCFB2 before that without issue.

10. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB

Ensure you don't have your LCD detected as HDTV - as HDTV resolution is 1920x1080.

A dual link DVI connection should be bale to have that displayed no problem.

Does 19x12 not show as a standard resolution without having to create a custom res? Do you have monitor drivers installed?

11. ShadowMyth

ShadowMyth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GByte GTX 980 G1 Windforc
    Answer me this, why does Chris Daniels from Nvidia say:
    From Introducing the Release 260 Family of Drivers:
    http://blogs.nvidia.com/2010/09/introducing-the-release-260-family-of-drivers/

Not to mention while choosing this option it removes the driver, asks to reboot, & reinstalls driver upon said reboot. Even Windows 7 starts looking for a drivers after th PC is rebooted.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  12. Galnospoke

Galnospoke New Member

Very bad drivers. Under XP32 bad icon colors. After downgrade again all correct.

13. p0ppa

p0ppa Guest

GPU:
    Strix 3080 OC
    266.58 vs 203.09

Unigine Heaven: (all default settings @ 1080p)
    266.58:
    fps: 61.8, score: 1556
    263.09:
    fps: 60.2, score: 1517

Crysis: generally smoother on 266.58, with majority of the stutters gone
    metro: didnt notice anything, maybe 2-3 fps more on 266.58
    bfbc2: same as 263.09
    mafia2: same as 263.09, heavy stuttering with physx on high

keepers for now

14. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    These seem to be good, solid drivers for me with no issues but then the 266.35/266.44 betas were only marred by the silly AA bug oversight.

I tested Just Cause 2 (32xCSAA), Mass Effect 2 (forced 8QxAA), Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (forced 8QxAA), BFBC2 (16xCSAA), F1 2010 (8QxCSAA), Lost Planet 2 (8QxCSAA) and Darksiders (forced 32xCSAA); all ran fine with no issues whatsoever or any sign of the AA bug. For me these are keepers.

15. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    In nfsHP2010 i can't get more than 52% use of my twoo cards, tweaking the game's profile in nvinspector. (reversed back to the 266.35 just to check rapidly, its worst.)
    My cpu is at 3750Mhz, i am sure(can i ?) that's not the problem.

i tried to load the gpu and the graphic memory by using heavy AA and eyecandy settings . It helps but not much anyway, its all good to me, just bizarre as, in F1 2010 / Dead Space / TRUnderworld / Crysis / 3DM11 everything is good.

There also is something strange, not correct about the Vsync, just impossible to force it off in hot pursuit. i tried within nvcpl/nvinspector and also D3DOverrider...

No complains here, just curious why or if there was a solution that i haven't found yet.

:cheers:

16. KingpinZero

KingpinZero Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Armor GTX1080
    Sli gpu in nfshp and cod bo is still an issue under win 7 x64.
    Under win xp x86, in the other hand, both games are fixed and gpu usage is high (well above 70%) with framerates has it meant to be.

17. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    ok, stuck till any changement from i don't know who.

And about this Vsync that i can't force off at all ?

Thanks

18. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    +1!!

19. koolkxp

koolkxp Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1060
    Shame the driver seems good but breaks scaling on my LG 245WP to the point that even the registry fix doesn't work anymore. I can't find out why they changed it since 260.99 WHQL but that's the last driver that seems to behave.

20. spine

spine Member Guru

GPU:
    Titan Xp CE + EK WB
    Lol, self hate.

I learnt a long time ago to patiently just stick to the WHQLs and let all the self flagellaters out there beta test nvidia's drivers for them.

So thanks guys, your pain is appreciated. :)