AMD Catalyst 11.1a Hotfix (8.82.2) Win7 x86/x64

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Jan 18, 2011.

Tags:
  1. NitrousX

NitrousX Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan Black SC
    Yes, I am using a custom fan profile as well but it automatically reverts back to 22% when I exit out of a game/benchmark when the temps are still fairly high ~60-70c.

2. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    I had that happen before.

Uninstall any tweaking software for the card, uninstall the driver, boot into safe mode a do a driver clean, while in safe mode scan the registry for anything ATI and delete it. Reboot and reinstall the drivers, test it to see if fan is working properly and then reinstall your tweaking software.

3. NitrousX

NitrousX Guest

GPU:
    GTX Titan Black SC
    Did all that still a no go. I've this problem for about three weeks now. I am strongly thinking about a reformat... that would most likely do the trick. :bang:

Edit: I just reinstalled the drivers again and now my fans spin up to 50% for no reason (after two minutes of 3DMark 11)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  4. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Some one can explain to me what the new tesselation settings do?

I mean, i was joking when in the "10.12 is gonna be HUGE" thread i said that probably it would bring a "force tesselation" thingy on the drivers lol :p

Its to control the quality of tesselation in games right? And some "optimization" thing? I dun have any tesselated games (well, STALKER CoP has tesselation, in like the 5% of the game, and works better in DX11 than in DX10, so no worries bout the perf in this one).

5. schloppy

schloppy Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF V2
    If playing say Aliens Vs Predator DirectX 11 and you want better performance then you can reduce the amount of geometry used by reducing the tessellation levels via the CCC control.

6. The Chubu

The Chubu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX560 TwinFrozrII OC
    Yay! Thanks! Now they can add some driver specific optimizations so i can play with 500 man army in Mount & Blade Warband? Or maybe a specific optimization in the filtering of the texture of the procedural generated clutter in GTA IV? Or maybe an optimization to regulate the quantity of sparks in Fallout New Vegas explosions?

PD: Actually, the first thing would be awesome :nerd: A checkbox that says "Play Warband with 500 man army and fix buggy IA... and force tesselation" :banana:

Last edited: Jan 19, 2011
  7. Quantum 3Dfx

Quantum 3Dfx Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5970 + Nvidia GTS 250
    My 5970 card likes this driver..alot.

I am using the 11.1 with the von mod tweak. So far f12010 is running CFX perfectly and with a speed boost of 10%.

All games running a bit faster, but I do notice the card is running a bit hotter than usual.

ATI fixed the DIrect Compute bug in openGL it seems.

and video performance seems to be stable and faster than in 10.12

yes this is good driver and its great VonTweaks 1.3 are working perfect.

also my 3 card CFX+ Nvidia Hybrid is working like a charm

8. MadelineX

MadelineX Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 295x2
    Across the board goodness with my 5870 crossfire set up. Seriously, everything feels smooth and IQ is improved I think.

I'm truly startled to see a nice driver appear. After all, we haven't seen a driver this nice since..... uh, never.

9. H.A.M.mer

H.A.M.mer Member

GPU:
    Asus Matrix HD7970
    Running 2 HD6970 in CFX and 11.1a (8.82...) hotfix drivers are working very well for me.
    No issues with any game I tested, great image quality and nice performance so far.

In addition the only bug I ever had with CFX is fixed:
    After exiting a game which uses CFX the fan of the slave-card spins down correctly which was not the case with 10.12a (8.79...) hotfix on my system.

10. LEXX911

LEXX911 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 950
    Driver suck major BALLS!!!

11. keromyaou

keromyaou Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 XC3 Ul
    In my rig (5970+5870+5870 quadfire), this driver is doing very well too. 3DVantage gpu score marked 48572 (the best scores were 47468 with 10.12 and 46451 with 10.10e). This score is very good for 5xxx series card. Metro2033 is doing well. The benchmark for Metro with 4xMSAA improved about 10%. The most impressive thing is that the lowest fps in Metro 2033 improved a lot. Now I can play Metro 2033 at the highest setting (4xMSAA, Very High, 16xAA, PhysX On, DOF On, Tessilation ON at 1920x1080) almost smoothly. I found that ATI is improving the speed of drivers in the latest drivers such as 10.10e and 10.12 (although there are some major bugs in 10.12). I think that ATI is finally hitting the point.
    The major problem with this new driver is that I cannot play GTA IV normally (I can play this only with 10.5a). And when I tested the Heaven Benchmark with Open GL, I found that the images showed a lot of artifacts(although the score for DX11 was much better with this driver than others). There is no crossfireX with Open GL as usual. I think that ATI needs to address on Open GL much harder.

12. FrostMTG

FrostMTG Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5850 1GB

Nothing constructive here.

Move along folks, don't feed the troll.

5850 User here, will post results after I test them out.

13. Quantum 3Dfx

GPU:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is my GPU-Z for both cards

14. Solace

Solace Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
    No tessellation option on my CCC :/

15. Valken

Valken Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Forsa 1060 3GB Temp GPU
    These bugs were in 10.12a RC3 along with the green pixels in GTA4 during raining scenes... sigh... AMD still needs to FIX things before they release a driver.

16. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    thanx op i will install these for my 6970, report back laater

17. MRGAY

MRGAY Guest

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 6950
    Same here bro, I reinstalled the drivers twice =(

18. Quantum 3Dfx

GPU:
    My MIN/MAX for in F1 2010 using ATI5970+GTS250
    using the 10.12

77/88 FPS

using 11.1

88/99 FPS all in game options maxxed no overclocking or overvolting just stock clocks

19. robotman

robotman Master Guru

GPU:
    HD7970 1150/6400(R9280X)
    same here so tessellation :(

20. Quantum 3Dfx

GPU:
    users getting no tes option try rebooting if still not there try vonmod tweak 1.3