AMD Catalyst 11.1a Hot-Fix Drivers Coming Today!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by zpaf, Jan 18, 2011.

1. |Ano|

|Ano| Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX560Ti Twin FrozR II

LOOOOOOL, if you actually read up before a purchase you would know that it was a midrange card that was supposed to replace the budget segment.

And did you expect your card to be the last in the 6000 series?

I feel scammed now since socket 1155 have better performance than my i7, qq

lol

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011
  2. MISMCSA

MISMCSA Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 6870 1GB
    I was disappointed as well. They are selling at a great price, and seem to questions the roll of the 6870.

3. ROE_HUNTER

ROE_HUNTER Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD6870 Vanilla
  4. Mr_X

Mr_X Guest

GPU:
    X_Y

?_?

who said so? i just say that i was especting my card to be MIDRANGE CARD, AT MIDRANGE PRICE, not then coming with the "high range" card at the same price of the midrange. Who thought that 6900 would be such a failure compared to 580.

Its not money, i have money to buy 300x times more powerfull PC (not like doing, not my way to buy), i play games, not benchmarks. But it seems kinda scammish.

And this said i've been 2years around here and participate a lot here (under other nickname -.-). Even made a thread =) (not that i got bad tips, it was just every1 common sense, 6870 looks great, great quality/price, 6950 will be probably 300-350€ and dealing with NV 570). You cant avoid to buy "not best" products since you dont have best information, and its a risk anyways, not that i care about price or product. But IMO it was not so fair move by AMD, hiding information as hell.

<-- If 6950 1gb at 6870 price confirms i mean.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2011

5. keromyaou

keromyaou Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3080 XC3 Ul
    Can someone make it clear about this information? Does this mean that 11.1 driver will be for all the cards including HD5xxx and other cards while only 11.1 hotfix will be specifically for HD6xxx series? Or there won't be any more drivers explicitly intended for older cards at all?

6. |Ano|

|Ano| Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX560Ti Twin FrozR II
    Ofc 11.1 will work for all cards.

hehe

7. Valagard

Valagard Guest

This is nothing like the GTX470 and 480, beta made thrown together hardware that was woefully expensive, power hungry and gave off more heat then the sun, its not like it was a beta designed product right?

Wait, wasn't the GTX460 a new fab process because the old fab was horrible? And the GTX580 also?

I'm confused, who is selling beta hardware to whome exactly

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2011
  8. Konrad321

Konrad321 Banned

9. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    Yay, Konrad is our new guru. :D

10. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    Thank you, downloading! ;)

11. sutyi

sutyi Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 660 OC 2GB
  12. Mr_X

Mr_X Guest

GPU:
    X_Y
    installed em alrdy, they work fine.

D3D 7.14.10.0812

13. Konrad321

Konrad321 Banned

No problem for me, I just download the driver.

14. |Ano|

|Ano| Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX560Ti Twin FrozR II
    Worked fine for me.

15. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    So all the talk of the great 6870 xfire performance is BS? Cuz 2x 6870's looks pretty good in this review.. in heavy games.

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6950-crossfirex-review/8
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6950-crossfirex-review/10
    http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon-hd-6950-crossfirex-review/12

Yep,seems about roughly the same price from seeing this article..

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/video/...n_of_Radeon_HD_6970_with_279_Price_Point.html

"At the $279 price-point the Radeon HD 6970 1GB and will pose a more affordable alternative for the company's Radeon HD 6950 (which has lower processing power, but 2GB of memory onboard and $299 price-tag) and a more expensive alternative for the Radeon HD 6870 (which has lower performance and costs from $225 to $259)."

If new drivers give me a decent performance boost and fixes the openGL problems (Second Life is openGL based) then i'll keep this card,but if i dont see any change soon im gona have to change card,possibly switching to a GTX 570 (because i need good openGL performance in SL) at the moment this Beta release of the 8.81 has fixed some openGL issues i had in SL,shadows are now working pretty good again (shadows were borked as hell before these beta's) i even made a video for other AMD/ATI users in SL to see http://nwn.blogs.com/nwn/2011/01/kirstens-s20-build-41-second-life.html#comments ) i have a friend in SL that has just ordered a 570,i'll soon see how it performs for her film making and SL in general.

16. sutyi

sutyi Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 660 OC 2GB
    Meh... nevermind chaps. I was fiddling around in IE9 and though it can manage a download...

17. Mv740

Mv740 Guest

GPU:
    580 GTX SLI
    Hi guys I just switch to ati is it the same to unistall drivers like nvidia drivers

1) Delete old drivers thru control panel
    2) Restart in safe mode
    3) Run driver sweeper
    4) Install new drivers

???

18. |Ano|

|Ano| Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX560Ti Twin FrozR II
    You bastard, didnt you know that a kitten dies EVERY time someone is using IE

=)

19. sutyi

sutyi Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 660 OC 2GB
    You can just slap them on the older ones. Though if you want to revert back to older ones the DS method is preferred.

20. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti