Asus G73 Gaming Laptop

Discussion in 'Laptops & Notebooks' started by gridiron whirlw, Jan 15, 2011.

1. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    I think the money would be better spent on a desktop, but seems 460 is causing a few headaches for some.

3. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    He has a desktop already.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500

5. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    i think 5870 would be better...

6. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    OK. Thanks...he was also thinking that would be better for the price...that laptop is $200 cheaper.

I believe Asus made it specifically for Best Buy stores.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    yeah have fun...

8. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Well, my son just came home from best buy and he did buy the Asus G73JH-BST7

Which is the best buy version of the Asus G73 laptop......it does have the ATI 5870 Gpu in it.....the screen resolution is only 1600 x 900.
    The regular versions are 1920 x 1080...so I think this is how they keep the cost down, also the HD is only 5400 rpm and it only has 6GB of ram compared to 8GB in the regular versions

It should be a darn good gaming laptop with the i7 and the ATI 5870....we shall see......it sure does look sexy.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2011
  9. Hekynn

Hekynn Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 460 1gb MSI HAWK
    Nice he should be set for gaming while going on road trips for vacations or college.

10. Tonystew22

Tonystew22 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1080
    I have this same laptop, I love it so far (besides a gsod and bsod I got the 2 first days ive had it) im currently on my 3rd day now haha, the first one I got had a faulty fan, so i took it back and now I have this, if I continue to have problems, ill probly take it back to best buy and have them replace it again, I can say though, when this thing works, it smokes through games! the performance is insane for it being a laptop, I had a Macbook Pro before this, and the difference is night and day

11. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    So far no problems for my son...no BSOD ....it does come loaded with bloatware though....also no windows cd, for that kind of money I would supply that to my customers.......damn thing runs games very well

12. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Good to hear... and yea gotta love OEM bloatware....

When it comes to Laptops, ASUS are prob the most expensive..

Last edited: Jan 22, 2011
  13. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I have just witnessed my son playing Crysis Warhead, and even though the settings were not maxed, they were still on high....game ran fantastic.

I did notice that if you are not sitting directly in font of it....like the person playing....the lcd looks very washed out.....it is fine for the person playing.....but looks bad if you are watching.

14. David

David Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6700 XT
    I own a Asus G73JH purchased from Best Buy as well. Quickly upgraded from 6 to 8 GB of RAM. The only real problem I had with it was the poorly performing Atheros wireless card used, replaced with an Intel 6200 card.

15. chillerkid

chillerkid Member

GPU:
    Geforce GTS 250
    I'm going after the Asus G73JW (nvidia GTX480m).

I've never had an ATI card before so I don't know how it performs. I'm thinking it's similar to the GTX480.

I live in UK so buying the ATI gpu will be quite difficult unless i get it from ebay and get tax like hell.

It's going to replace my desktop

16. sdamaged99

sdamaged99 Guest

GPU:
    Asus TUF 6800XT
  17. AKA_StraferX

AKA_StraferX New Member

I bought a Asus G73 for my wife as a gift for returning to college. Well after cleaning out all the bloat ware junk and putting my necessary programs in I can say this beast runs very nice. I have decided that she was bad and I will be keeping it for myself for a while.

I also purchased the Asus 25" led monitor 2ms cant remember the mod# but holy crow its bad a55. Vector werks never looked so nice.

18. AKA_StraferX

AKA_StraferX New Member

Wow been a long time since I posted here. Just noticed my pc items listed and really really need to get that updated.. funny though that Epox 4BDA2+ is still running that P4 over clocked and I use it as a Team Speak Server and it works great.