Review: Auzentech X-Meridian 7.1 2G

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by RagDoll_Effect, Jan 5, 2011.

1. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    It's also really good for gaming :) good quality even down to hearing footsteps and things :) tested in new Medal Of Honor and it's brilliant :)

2. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    The X-Fi HD does have a op-amp socket while the Razer doesnt so you can slot in better op-amps, while you cant do the same to the Razer unless you take a tool to it.

The reason why I ditched my Razer AC1 and HP1 is because of having games that mostly gave me stereo sound thru both the headsets and my 5.1 set. With a Few at the time that was Xaudio or Fmod + EX.

it wasnt fun getting 2 channel out your 5.1 speakers or the Razer Hp1 headsets.

3. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    As I have mentioned above,I have the X-Meridian 7.1 2G and the X0nar Xense and,after I played several games including a flight sim,I honestly believr the Xonar Xense is the BETTER gaming card. I can't talk about specs etc. as I don't know anything about sound card hardware but I DO know what I hear in games. Footsteps,gun shots,birds singing or an enemy fighter plane coming at you from your six are easily identified. Positional and general surround is amazing! Maybe when ROBSCIX provides us wih a review,he can tell us which card HE believes is the better card for gaming. I have used the X-FI Titanium Fatality,Prelude,X-FI Forte,the two I mentioned and a couple of other sound cards and in my opinion,the Xonar Xense shines brightest.

4. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Maybe we can hear from Gen Claymore as well. He too is very knowledgeable with audio and gaming. What say you Gen? Your opinions are valued.

5. RagDoll_Effect

RagDoll_Effect Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x nvidia GTX 560 SLI
    Well, I haven't heard the Xonar, so couldn't really compare, but I highly value your opinion and it sounds like an awesome card, thanks m8 :thumbup::)

Gotta wait for ROB, Guru's audio Champ :) hall of famer, sound master, Auzem reviewer :banana:

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  6. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    That doesn't make sense..I get full surround sound with the razer. Positional audio is great. I'm just not seeing a huge difference between the razer and the xfi hd. I use DT 770 pro 80's with the razer and it sounds great.. I'd love for someone like ROBSCIX to do a review of those boards side by side and throw the razer in.. Maybe your board isn't working correctly..

7. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    I said in games that are openal and the ones that looking for Directsound hal, gave me 2 channel. While the games that uses Xaudio which replaced Direct sound hal, and FMod EX APi using games.

It doesnt apply if your using Windows Xp, but does apply if your using vista/7. it makes perfectl sense.

I got surround sound as well but in the Two I mentioned, but not in openal and and the layer that not in 7/vista.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2011
  8. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Me too. Even though I have the cards before the review,I don't really know what I have until I hear from ROBSCIX. I know that may be a goofy way of doing things but when there is something 'New', I gotta have it right now. I am very thankful my wife is not the kind of person to inflict bodily harm.

9. Understandable

Understandable Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SC 900/1800/2200
    The Xonar Xense seems like a great card from the review ROB gave but it has no 5.1 surround hookup. Im still using logitech x540 and dont want to get anything better, its perfect for my office. Anything else louder my wife will get upset...heck she thinks the x540 is loud.

10. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    The Xense Has a 5.1 analog hook up, its on the adaptor which plugs into the DVi looking plug thats on the card it self. After you plug it on the card, it alloud you to use 5.1 speakers.

It pretty much using a adaptor like the Razer AC1 used for its 5.1 analog outputs.

11. goat1

goat1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 4090 Strix OC
    I don't think you can go wrong with either the Titanium HD or the Essence STX..

12. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    No they are both great cards.

13. Understandable

Understandable Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SC 900/1800/2200
    Hey Robscix do u know if Asus r gonna sell XONAR XENSE without headphones? No point of me paying that price if im not gonna use the headphones. Still dont see the X-Meridian 7.1 2G on newegg. Wonder if they r gonna carry it? I have 50$ giftacard from newegg and i want a new soundcard.

14. lag0a

lag0a Member

I know this is the 2g thread but I have quick question about the original x-meridian. It is said to use a +/- 8v dual power supply so does it means it gets its power from a 12v source? Does any part of the sound card require beyond voltages of 3.3v and 5v?

15. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The card doesn't have an external power connector if that is what you are asking.

16. lag0a

lag0a Member

Would only an external power connector provide 12v to a PCI card or the motherboard can provide 12v to a PCI card? What I'm wondering is if a PCI sound card like the X-meridian uses an unregulated 12v source that supplies power to its +/- 8v dual power supply.

17. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    It takes power from the motherboard regulates it and cleans it up. Unless the card has an external molex connector (some of the Xonars) then the card is taking it's power from the motherboard.

18. mst3kld

mst3kld Member

GPU:
    (2) MSI 6950 2gb OC
    does it include the Front Panel Audio(10-1 pin) connector that was mentioned in your sneak peak when this card was 1st mentioned?
    i just want a quick plug in for headphones and thats what is holding me back on this card (that and no1 seems to sell it yet)

19. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes, there are no revisions since the original sneak peak to the mass production sample.

20. PanzerIV

PanzerIV Guest

GPU:
    MSI Geforce GTX570 @ 860
    Can't wait for ur review Rob. I just upgraded my Auzentech Forte to a X-Meridian 2G since I've read that OxygenHD chip is produce higher quality than the Creative X-Fi. I just got very let down after installing it when I noticed it didn't even include a headphone amp jack. It's a must have even if you aren't gaming and for a card being released in 2011 with so much hype and being a revision of their most acclaimed card.. it's totaly unacceptable that they don't even have something decent for headphone. Worst then that if I connect my 5.1 home theater through multi-channel analog then I have no more jack to put my headphone since you can only plug it in the green (Front L/R) :mad:

* Also is it me or the C-Media software is quite more confusing, less user friendly and have a horrible user interface back from the 90' compare to the stylish and easy to understand software from Creative?

* Question: As you can see on the picture I uploaded below, there's 2 places where you can select the number of channel. Why?! You get the choice on top for the input between 2 and 8 channels then same thing on the bottom for the output. If I set 6-8 channels on top, it will change the Windows setting in (Control Panel > Sound). So what I gotta do if I have a 5.1 :3eyes:

http://uppix.net/3/b/5/fc55670e59177872eef1eafa4ddcd.html