AMD Catalyst (Modified Build)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by TwL, May 29, 2010.

?

Should the Official INF be modified or not ?

Poll closed Jul 21, 2010.
  1. Yes (I want to go through registry and copy GUIDs to .reg file and add changes separately.)

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
  2. No (Functions should be editable as usual in CCC straight after install.)

25 vote(s)
    44.6%
  3. Both (I want to have official INF in install, separated modified INF & 'Functions.reg' as choice)

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    I can but i won't.
    I don't want to get banned because of a retard likes to troll.

So, good bye.

@TWL.

Sorry for this Offtopic mess man.
    At least, from my part.

2. John Larsen

John Larsen Banned

GPU:
    hd5970
    PM to me...!!!

3. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    christ John go away, these drivers may be tough but not unbreakable, why would anyone want to PM you other to have a face-to-face troll attempt, your a human virus, you and perosmct are tarred with the same brush, infact Im pretty damn sure you are both the same troll.

4. Sevenz

Sevenz Active Member

GPU:
    ATI HD4870 512MB
    LOL I never heard of the guy, but his writing is worse than that of a spambot.

TwL, I haven't installed the latest package yet, I'm waiting for it to settle down. But 500+ MB is pretty damned impressive. Maybe it is time for a torrent. :)

5. John Larsen

John Larsen Banned

GPU:
    hd5970
    My friend, don't go.
    I speak only for me, and i said only one thing, just one.

I am waiting Merolac PM.

6. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    I'll take a look to this GPU Utilization 'bug', asap. currently more of fighting to get all kind of system setups working correctly first and then trying to
    optimiza accordingly. The GPU utilization and EyeFinity are not even any longer the worst of the problems currently the HD69xx card signature check
    is. So, that comes currently next as new script. As for the utilization it needs 1 good background processing and it'll be good sadly testing under individual
    setups is quite time consuming since there's always something else on people systems and building test scenarios takes time from 1 fellow to build for several machines.

I will still see, if I can build up an hotfixes to few setups styles before next barebone driver comes along from me and advance from there to future build compining functions.

Well, I actually think the problem is too long folder names here. add the installer to C:\driver or something and not under desktop or documents, if you got admin rights.

See no error in building or running installer.

No, you cannot. These cards has pretty hardcoded signature checks and I tested the HD6970 scenario here day before yesterday and this is possible to install, but not with what is currently used at v5.00, sorry.

I have to build like under laptops complete driver override for these HD6 series cards to avoid the problem and further more these cards needs their own installer and applications which is really say.

Mostlikely this is some OEM card and it has it's own ID or block at system. check that the HardwareID is at the INF file before you install from 'genetix_nbook-x##'-folder, if you can.

heh, his preferring that I couldn't override AMD Driver team new bollocks most likely and his incorrect.

Yeah, I know. It's insane, but I decided to go for all setups and fix them all in 1 place instead of following AMD Driver team split drivers. Torrent maybe.

When I can get 1 scripted over pass and drop it as an common for Notebooks, HD69xx and then process the whole idea as full build to HD2-5
    we are on business as then we'll get corrected install process and full override here back functioning.

As for current build there's nothing really wrong with it, but there's so many kind of Windows setups people has that doesn't work as clean system that
    this is really troublesome + application signature checks making this pretty hellish to build as like some notebooks and mor specifically even more restricted HD69xx.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  7. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    you troll a few words> I get serious-ish>you be extra nice about it= troll attempt.2, go away peros Im getting very used to this..

Sorry TwL

john you are not a coder nor a driver guy, instead of trolling your ass off how about explaining intelligently why TwL will be unsuccesful.... oh right, you cant.

8. John Larsen

John Larsen Banned

GPU:
    hd5970
    Oh, yes. :confused:

Maybe you know better from me...thanks.

9. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    yes I do unless youd care to enlighten me atifaker.

show me definitively how hard its going to be for twl, go on...

I dare you.

10. John Larsen

John Larsen Banned

GPU:
    hd5970
    Where is the competition?

11. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    @davetheshrew

Stop that crap up on my topic, if the dude doesn't after 6 months have anything better to do that trash my topic with pointless crap that's just sad.
    Perhaps, he came here to get a few pointers from here yet again wouldn't be the first time my full script would of been copied, lol.

As MerolaC said don't feed the troll.

@commonly

and above comment to @davetheshrew goes to everyone else too. :bang:

I do this for fun, not to compete with anyone I don't care, if someone builds an driver which doesn't need ATI card at all on the box. I would still do my own stuff.

OEM PCs and applying Administrative Mode to setup to build correctly/For Clean-up/Installer to work correctly:

There's an way to go through the Admin platform which alot people here has as an issue and been asking of some commands not executing or access denied is given.

Please, follow following steps:

1. extract the build to C:\something or C:\Users\<username>\documents (would be nice)
    2. Open 'Task Manager' (right click on task bar > 'Start Task Manager')
    3. select 'File'-menu > 'New Task (Run...)' > Check the 'Run as administrator privileges' > type 'cmd' > select 'OK'
    4. Now type on the black window 'cd "C:\something"' or 'cd "C:\Users\<username>\documents"' (where cd "<where ever you extracted the RAR(s)>") and hit enter.
    5. "genetix_cleanup" will start clean-up process "genetix_install" will start the install process.

This should/will work for OEM and hard to get administrative rights PCs as the directly run command will fail even on administrative mode as forwarded
    commands CMD gives to your system are not true admistrator. I tested this as none administrative use from Windows 7 Ultimate few minutes ago and
    this was the only way to go through clean without 'safe modes' or other crap.

Included above instructions to first post before installing process. This affects to EVERYONE not running as clean adminitrator at system even, if so I suggest using this method. :)

-edit-

I included 2 new notes on driver download section:
    I will be reviewing these setups when it is possible and fixing forceful override for HD69xx series of hardware. I got the HD69xx series card(s) under
    testing here currently. So, I do know of the problems and more over I do know how to fix them. Sadly, this requires whole own scenario how they
    have to be installed which I am trying to avoid. Will be fixed at v5.10 and I will make an attempt to hotfix installers to experimental builds (if any) at v5.01->v5.09.

12. davetheshrew

davetheshrew Guest

GPU:
    some green some red
    noted, , my apologies, he annoy's me, it wont happen again, if he try's it again he will be reported for obvious trolling.

13. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    are you forcing 2/4/8/etc (box?) AA in CCC? i read that mlaa works with 'application controlled'

maybe compare 4x CCC forced box to 4x in game with spoofed nvidia adapter to MLAA?

14. boyriot

boyriot Member

GPU:
    HIS HD5770 IceQ5
    @TwL did you add ATI Morphological Anti-Aliasing on your new driver? I couldn't find it..or is it because I'm using HD4xxx series?

15. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    i think he said he added it, MLAA 'wont' be on 4800 supposedly

16. boyriot

boyriot Member

GPU:
    HIS HD5770 IceQ5
    it's too bad then :(

17. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    Well, it's there, but not sure on _NA entry (MLF_NA) under HD4 have to check on it, but if it's not there I'll be sure to add it to next build. You can add it, if you
    wish under 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{GUID}\0001', if you like and restart CCC should work for current build.

The ATI GUID is the one where 'Video' path under GUID states 'service=amdkmdap' and the key has as many 000x entries as there's display ports on your card(s)

-edit-

hmm, checked the INF seems it should be good. Something else is not passing values from Display Data correctly to 3D data. Sad I don't any longer
    have an HD4 card here for testing as most likely this is CCC Panel installation issue and not the driver.

But no worries because of AMD screw up on HD6 series of cards we will be having new CCC 1.0 edition anyway for future build. :)

18. Quantum 3Dfx

Quantum 3Dfx Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5970 + Nvidia GTS 250
    humm I tried these with f1 2010 and I experienced stuttering in game. just to be sure I ran the game with nvidia hardware and without, tried also with the original driver settings and one with everything turned down to normal

I also have experienced this problem before even without your drivers.

So I said to myself let me go back to the 10.10e to see if I experience the stuttering.

well there is no stuttering in f12010, I really use this game as a benchmark to what stress my PC can take I run it with full effects and under DX11.

Now the 10.10e are performing beautifully and I took your advise and removed the old nvidia drivers and reinstalled your modded ones.

I tried every setting for F1 2010 because im a f1 junkie.

So I am back on the 10.10e until your next release..

many thanks.. and I love trying new drivers so not to worry im obsessed

19. TwL

TwL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x5850 2x6950 + 9800GTX
    No surprise here. The game is so damn bad code and it's benchmark by Codemasters development team is worst thing I have ever seen and totally
    inaccurate I even wonder why they call it a benchmark when they don't even use exact frame.

Out of curiosity what kind of display setup are you running and did you answer 'Yes' when asked about EyeFinity while installing ?

As this might solve the problem for good as it would utilize more stable modules for CFX.

As for 10.10e it's so damn slow driver not gonna utilize for general usage as it's not that good driver really for people with single cards more of an driver
    for an card 'safe mode'. So, might have to add extra entry to next build for CFX in general.

20. Quantum 3Dfx

Quantum 3Dfx Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5970 + Nvidia GTS 250
    ok for f1 2010 I absolutely MAX out everything I can in game, but I leave the ati setting on the CCC at stock...

I have been running this game with the same settings since I had the game for like 3 months now, and my display is running at 1600X1200

this is the only game that stresses the 5970 card and I have Metro and also of other intensive games, none stress a machine like a updated racing game running at full grid.

even NFS shift can be stressful too. now im getting avg fps 90 in f1 2010 and 120 in NFS shift