HDTV stutters HDMI 1.3b, ATI.

Discussion in 'The HTPC, HDTV & Ultra High Definition section' started by Cobrass2, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Cobrass2

Cobrass2 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    I have a HDMI cable connected to to my HD Ready 1080P TV, but when ever i transfer a "folder" or "Movie" or anything else, my computer starts to stutter, it starts to lag all over, but when i transfer it from the TV back to my main monitor wait a few seconds it starts clocks to normal again?, If someone has a problem to understand me, i will try to explain more. As transfer i mean my TV works as an extended monitor.

I have found one way of making the HDTV go smooth, i have to launch an application, or a movie on my main monitor, minimize it, and then open the movie i want to watch and transfer it to HDTV. For some reason it stays smooth that way.

It feels like the clocks drop for some reason when i move things to my second monitor, its like sleep mode for my video card if i am on my TV.

I am using 10.12 catalyst and 4870x2

2. Ji1986

Ji1986 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    when you mean by transfer folder or movie do you mean watch a movie on your HD tv via HDMI from pc to TV? or transfer a folder or movie from one location to another?

excuse my ignorance!

3. Cobrass2

Cobrass2 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    I mean when watching a movie on the HDTV via HDMI from PC to TV.

4. Ji1986

Ji1986 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    what brand is your tv. if it is a samsung you need to cjange settings in source and have the hdmi recognised as pc.

if not what program u using to play videos and what file types are they?

5. Cobrass2

Cobrass2 Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Suprim X
    Its not Samsung, Its Grundig Lenaro 37"

http://www.aroxo.com/Grundig-Lenaro-LXW-94-8740/5505/p/description

I tried both programs Media player Classic and Windows media player. I haven't tried VLC yet because i want it to work with MPC as i am very used to it.

I watch movies in different kinds of formats from Blueray Remux (.mkv) to .avi

The thing is, it used to work good a year ago when i used a 5M HDMI cable, but it broke, so i bought a new one 10 Miters.
    Maybe its the drivers?,

It's not only with movies,
    Its really odd, everything is so smooth, but as soon as i start playing with the TV transferring a folder or doing anything basically on it (from the PC), it starts to lagg, the whole computer just drops from max fps to like 10.
    If you chose LCD Overdrive and chose HDTV, it becomes smooth again. Its like the Videocard can't set proper clocks when TV is Used.

I have it set up to "Extend" not "Copy from main monitor"

Having it set to Copy from Main monitor works flawlessly tho.

TV specs

Last edited: Jan 11, 2011
  6. Ji1986

Ji1986 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I am probably leaning towards it being the cord you are using. it is probably struggling to keep up with the data transfer. if you have another HDMI cord around give it a try. and i do know the longer the cord the increase chance of issues rises.