is 11.1 around yet?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by davetheshrew, Jan 4, 2011.

1. schloppy

schloppy Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF V2
    Of course Nvidia drivers have issues too, but last time I had a Nvidia card in they didn't cause a BSOD like these 10.12's do.

2. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    o yes they can too, 197.2x caused bsod in GTA4, or now latest if you use clean install option - if you already removed the older driver and then run this clean install it can make a bsod on next reboot :nerd:

3. schloppy

schloppy Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF V2
    Yes, I'm sure they do for some people. But if you notice, I said when "I" had a Nvidia card in.

I didn't experience a BSOD when I had my BFG 275 GTX installed.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  4. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Oh, you mean the posts where he asked the user to not throw insults but PM him the actual problem to later read that user throw another insult at him? But wait there's more... what about
    What exactly are "watchers" suppose to do with vague and ambiguous posts like that? What I'm getting at is simple, it takes 2 to tango. You can't just make vague posts and expect someone to know what you are talking about. Neither is arguing with others because they aren't compelled to believe you. Like I said before, once that avenue is exhausted you have to use another. I just can't find a reason why a person who is really having a problem wouldn't contact the maker directly instead of creating "drama posts/threads". Thinking that "watchers" are suppose to decipher exactly what kind of issue they are having.

5. schloppy

schloppy Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF V2
    I thought it was now common knowledge that since the 10.12 drivers where released, there are several reports from owners stating when a 6xxx card is installed with this driverset, users are experiencing BSOD.

So with that in mind, it's hardly a vague and ambiguous statement.

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    my point was that some nvidia drivers caused it too, guess you didnt try that/those driver/s.

I was talking in general, idk what was happening...

Im just saying they do check once in a while to see what else is out there, not just at home with countless noobs complaining; $hit this doesn't work, that doesn't work, but to actually make a little more effort and post some detailed info, no that's to much to ask:pc1:

yea i've seen it here too, lol even i posted such bs, because i was getting really pissed at the same crap happening for over 6 months and it still is now...what else can you say to that, i mean really.

Anyway i think i've gone of track here, i just found it funny how some defend one side and vice versa, what in fact happens on both sides sometimes its even worse by nv than amd :D

7. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    No, it's as vague and ambiguous as the claim made in your post. Which makes perfect symmetry to what I was referring to, thanks for the example.

8. otakunorth

otakunorth New Member

GPU:
    not to back up anyone but with .12 i get a odd bsod, its just two small lines of info at the top instead f the full crash dump and info

9. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Great, this is an excellent example here. With comments like this I don't see how "watchers" are able to offer assistance for a fix, etc. Anyway, what have you done about this, other then post about in an attempt to back up someone else's vague claim? When will you contact them about this issue so you can get it fixed?

See, folks this is a perfect example of what I'm talking about. A person can quickly post about vague, ambiguous and elusive issues but don't go about seeing that the problem is fixed. Again, a perfect example. :)

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  10. schloppy

schloppy Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF V2
    TheHunter - Of course, I agree and as I said, I'm aware that there are of course issues with Nvidia drivers as well. If I am not having any issues or a new driver doesn't offer me any advantage to the current installed, I'm not one for upgrading drivers for the sake of having the latest.

Eastcoasthandle - Here on Guru3D, on Rage3D and on AMD's forums are instances of owners having BSOD with 10.12 installed on 6xxx. There is no "claim", for those affected it is a matter of fact.

Having reported the fault to AMD, I think it perfectly rational to discuss the issue with fellow 6xxx users. What better place to chat than on forum sections dedicated to AMD / ATI drivers.

A perfect example of why it's productive to report our issues here is that sometimes temporary solutions arise.

11. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Nice back peddling there. Again, the rebuttal isn't about being a perfectionist! There can be driver problems from both (as I said before). Which makes your post in this discussion moot at best. However, just because individuals can have a problem doesn't always portray a "mass problem". And if you are having a problem, it would benefit any customer to actually contact the company you purchased the product from. Specially since people aren't that interested in going into details about the issue they are having on the forums (taken from some of the examples posted in the thread). Perhaps they are more comfortable with the company they purchased it from... :p

12. schloppy

schloppy Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF V2
    Back peddling? What are you smoking lol.

I have already mentioned my issue on this and other forums. Do I have to re-iterate what I've already said every time to stop myself appearing vague? No that would be ridiculous, much like several replies in this thread.

13. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    they need to fix the fecking GTA IV/EFLC artifacting rain issue with the 69X0 cards in the next drivers. Cant play TLATD because of it cos it looks terrible

14. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Yup, good ole back peddling, lol. So, what's keeping you from contacting the manufacture? Oh and thanks for providing me the example so all can see. I couldn't have done it without you :).

15. schloppy

schloppy Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3080 TUF V2
    Hey, whatever. It's just good to see you've such an active imagination lol

But back on point, nothing has kept me from contacting Sapphire / AMD. I do hope that by describing my issues on various forums (in a non-vague manner), contacting my manufacturer and giving feedback to AMD that I have met the requirements for Eastcoasthandle to offer a constructive reply rather than the irrelevant ramblings so far.

16. otakunorth

otakunorth New Member

GPU:
    how do you know i didnt submit a report
    and im putting it out there, if amd cared about their support they would be checking out the community's

i love the interwebz

17. |Ano|

|Ano| Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX560Ti Twin FrozR II
    If amd cared?
    you're just lazy, that's all.

18. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    so basicly you assume that the majority of people that post here with problems didnt give feedback ?
    nothing wrong with forums to discuss things.

19. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Yeah they do, one time everyone was going nuts because they were all stuck on the 185 driver sets, as every 190 set was rubbish, and there was their famous card killing drivers as well, also look how many 460 owners are going berserk at the minute due to drivers being garbage on those cards, and don't mention their black screen bug.... :D

20. [EX3]Cobra_XP

[EX3]Cobra_XP Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6870 1Gb Crossfire
    The first 190s that came out almost killed my old gtx295s. Temps went up an extra 12c. Most of my games played like crap till a few drivers later.