new driver by nvidia 266.35

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by mypc, Jan 4, 2011.

1. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    You need to update your usb emitter driver , download beta 3DVision.

2. seronx

seronx Guest

GPU:
    Wani R7 XT
    [​IMG]

It has a very weak looking AA

Most strangest thing is that AA doesn't kick in when you are standing still but when you are moving between 60+mph 105+ km/h

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011
  3. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    You need the 266.44 for that.

4. benqbiggis

benqbiggis Member

GPU:
    SLI GTX 580
    keep crashing on crysis

crap 166 drivers

5. Hog54

Hog54 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus Tuf RTX 3070
    My 460 is idling at 24c just browsing this forum.:)And the 266.35s are at nvidia for the 460s.

6. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
  7. civato

civato Guest

GPU:
    2xGTX570 sli on H2O EK
    Crap drivers , same crap as 266.44.

Why ?

Well they crash "Just cause2" , "Lost Planet extreem.." and they don't support sli in 3DMark 11 , where the 266.44 does but for the games it is the same crap.
    And don't say it is because my oc'ed cards , I tested these drivers on stock settings.

Back to 263.09 and all is well, except no sli for 3DMARK 11 and this installed with 3DMark Vantage corrupts the 3DMArk Vantage bench. In the 266.44 this was ok.

8. steelcowboy

steelcowboy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570's SLI
    All benchmarks are up vantage,heaven,re5 and so on.Only thing i notice is the nv cp is sluggish.Ill try some games and see what happens.

9. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    eVGA 580 SC SLI@840@1080P
    Disable your Realtek NIC and try without...(don't forget to reboot your computer when you do)

10. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    eVGA 580 SC SLI@840@1080P
    Disable AA in game and play without...(it worked for me)

11. PetritH

PetritH Member Guru

GPU:
    RX 7900 XT
    running smooth, better IQ, overall a bit better than quadros but without any stutter.. at least in the games I play.

12. savannahmick

savannahmick Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI OC GTX1060
    AA in NFSHP looks ok on the cars but I get weird white lines in the distance on poles or other straight lines and it goes away when objects get closer. Just Cause 2 in game setting for AA don't work either? What other games have AA not working, just curious just came over from ATI, recently. EDIT- I got decent IQ using 8xQ and 1200mb gpu mem. usage at 99! Not sure if I have ever seen 1200mb mem usage.

13. capchaos

capchaos Member

GPU:
    quad palit gtx 580 on h20
    nfshp

need for speed hot pursuit 2010

14. Flakman

Flakman Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Well

Played BFBC2 for over an hour now, smooth as glass. backed out of the game and had a desk top pop up saying Windows has detected slow performance and gave me 3 options to chose from. Win7 basic etc. etc. Otherwise smooth as glass.

I have no idea if this is driver related.

15. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    [​IMG]

with the new drivers i maxed out the microsoft index for gaming and desktop of 7.9, always been 7.8 with all previous drivers releases for me :D

16. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    Cool now OC that CPU (should be for that GPU anyhow) and throw in a SSD and you will have straight 7.9's ! ;)

17. smith10210

smith10210 Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    When playing BFBC2 after about 5 mins it freezes screen goes white and i have to alt tab out of it. I went back to the 260.99 problem solved.

18. smut

smut Guest

GPU:
    GTX 960 SuperSC
    Did you happen to be running at 8xAA? I also got white screen in BFBC2 with 8xAA but dropping it down to 4xAA fixed the problem

19. maleficarus™

maleficarus™ Banned

GPU:
    ASUS GTX460 800/1600/4000
    You guys really need to stop spreading FUD across the internet! From Nvidia:

Beta drivers are provided by NVIDIA as preview releases for quick bug fixes and access to new features. Beta drivers are under qualification testing, and may include significant issues. It is the end user's responsibility to protect system and data when using Beta drivers with NVIDIA products. It is strongly recommended that end users back up all the data prior to using Beta drivers from this site. Please ensure that newer Recommended/Certified drivers are not already posted on NVIDIA.com prior to installation and usage of Beta drivers. Beta drivers posted do not carry any warrenty.

WHQL:

Windows Hardware Quality Labs testing or WHQL Testing is a testing process which involves running a series of tests on third-party (i.e. non-Microsoft) hardware or software, and then submitting the log files from these tests to Microsoft for review. The procedure may also include Microsoft running their own tests on a wide range of equipment, like different hardware and different Microsoft Windows editions.

Beta is not better then WHQL, to even suggest otherwize is stupid!

20. phatbx133

phatbx133 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1050ti 4GB
    Same here, you got display driver error like that.