Orange UK Firmware updates

Discussion in 'Digital Photography, Home and Portable Electronics' started by Xenotone, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    Hi, I have the Galaxy S and I was wondering if Orange UK had got around to updating it to 2.2 Froyo yet? How do I update it? I emailed them but they didn't reply.

2. Namsu2403

Namsu2403 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4870
    I think it should be. T mobile (which is partners with Orange) got it finally.

you need to update using Samsung Kies software.

http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.c.../20101015082300359/Kies_1.5.3.10103_102_1.exe

let it finish downloading. Install it, then connect your phone up. There should be a firmware message pop up if it connects properly.

Good luck remember to back up.

I couldn't wait so I used the keis reg hack to do it earlier and run non tmobile branding

Last edited: Dec 13, 2010
  3. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    You could flash generic firmware with Odin.

4. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    Ah, excellent, thanks very much! I'll get right on it.

5. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    Don't wanna void my warranty.

6. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    Nope, no new firmware. F*ck you Orange. Hurry your stupid arses up.

Is this the method you used? I read somewhere that it didn't work any more. Got this from XDA-Devs

Procedure:
    1.Run Kies, connect the phone and make sure it is properly recognized.
    1.1.If you have never before opened the firmware upgrade widget with your phone connected before, open it now and then close it again (Do NOT close Kies!)
    1.2.Optional: (Only do this if you are looking for experimental updates!)
    1.2a. Open the firmware upgrade widget in Kies
    1.2b. Press Ctrl+Alt+U+P simultaneously. Kies will confirm the correct sequence with "Test Mode is ON".
    1.2c. Close the firmware upgrade widget of Kies
    2.Run regedit (Start-->Run...-->Type "regedit"-->Press Ok) (Windows XP)/(Start-->Type "regedit"-->Press Enter) (Windows Vista/7)
    3.Use regedit to navigate to "HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Samsung/Kies/DeviceDB/". You will find a number of folders in numerical order (usually) starting from 1. Find the folder with the relevant keys (see below) and make sure it is the one currently in use. [If you find several folders with the keys and don't know which are the right ones, delete all of them, repeat step 1 and 1.1 and find the folder with the lowest value. (You may have to use F5 or View--->Refresh to get to see the new folders)]
    4.Find the registry keys "HIDSWVER" and "ProductCode"
    5.Replace them with the appropriate keys as needed for your desired upgrade.
    6.Open the upgrade widget in Kies and enjoy updating.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  7. Namsu2403

Namsu2403 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4870
    sorry just realised i didnt answer back.

If orange still haven't got the finger out (likely)

I followed this

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=835628

I had to enable the 3 button recovery mode first as mine didn't work off the bat.

http://samsunggalaxysforums.com/showthread.php/3452-How-to-get-the-3-button-recovery-mode-working?

once your done i recommend z4mod (might need to try twice, crashed on first attempt) to root and then OnceClickLagFix (OCLF) both free on the market definitely a much smoother experience