GeForce WHQL driver for the GTX 580 (263.09)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by pstlouis, Nov 19, 2010.

1. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X

Its a bug where when you restart or start PC and the there is no SLI sub menu. I fixed it by updating the Realtek PCIe controller to the latest ones. Windows update are using old ones.

2. funkmunky80

funkmunky80 Member

GPU:
    Palit GF9800GTX+ 512MB
    Running these with a modded inf for my 9800GTX+ (yes I know... old card), they work great in all the games I've tested them with so far, Bad Comapany 2, Cod4, WaW, Fallout 3/NV, GTA4 etc... Problem is I no longer have the nvidia control panel installed which is causing a problem for some games, as I can't set the profiles.

Case in point: Dead Space, yeah I know it's quite old now, but I wanted to play through again... If I have Vsync off I'm getting 200+ fps, but my GPU gets hot rapidly. Vsync on, my GPU stays around 50 degrees, but I'm only getting 30fps and the game and the cursour lag noticeably (a known issue with the game defaulting to 30fps, a left over from consoles).

Is there any way I can get the nvidia control panel to work so that I can force vsync through the control panel and disable it in game (thus giving me 60 fps) like I have done with previous drivers, or will I have to roll back to earlier drivers so I can do it?

Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    ^
    what version did you try INT or US?

4. funkmunky80

funkmunky80 Member

GPU:
    Palit GF9800GTX+ 512MB
    Er... I think I used the English version, I had to edit a couple of lines of the inf to include NvCplSetupEng instead of NvCplSetupInt.

I didn't think of that, I'll try editing the inf and reinstalling with the international drivers... Cheers.

EDIT: Doh! I edited the inf and tried installing with the drivers I already had (like a complete numpty). Obviously this caused various problems as it was looking for the international file names, and not finding them :3eyes:

Downloading the international ones now :fart:

2nd EDIT: You sir, are a diamond. I would have continued to completely overlook which version (besides version number) I was using... The international version with the modded inf works. Thankyou muchly :banana:

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010

5. Xenozx

Xenozx Member

GPU:
    2 295 GTX's 680/1500/2200
    The top one here worked for me. I have 2 480 GTX's in SLI. Just downloaded the driver and ran it, then downloaded the modified INF on the same page. Put it in the folder where i extracted the drivers to, and was good to go.

ALSO WITH THIS DRIVER I AM ABLE TO DO 3D Vision through my 55" Sony Bravia TV. THis is what I have been waiting for. 3D play is bundled in 263.xx+ drivers, so i guess that is a change. It now lists me TV in nvidia control panel and allows me to select 3D 1920x1080 240hz where with previous drivers it did not allow this.

I now have the opportunity to play Batman Arkham Asylum, i have been waiting for this lol. Have my wireless 360 controller and my PC hooked to my 55" TV. Turned on 8x AA and Phys X, and it should be quite the experience.

ALSO JUST TO NOTE, whats really cool is my 3D vision is working through my SONY active shutter glasses. So i dont even need to use the 3D vision glasses or transmitter, it is all running right though my TV, which is awesome, because the sony glasses are much better than the Nvidia ones.

6. AmigaWolf

AmigaWolf Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1080
    Thank you macdaddy for that info, thanks for answering me.

Also every buddy happy new year.

7. desmoflex

desmoflex Guest

hi,
    someone at combatace.com forum stated that 263.09 works with nhancer 2.5.9.. anyone out there who can confirm?

thx flex