Red Faction Guerrilla - I Can make it not lag, but it wont stay not laggy.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by 13thvulture, Dec 11, 2010.

1. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ indeed, I know there are plenty of people with ATI cards that had the stutter issues and I would be inclined to beleive that fewer people had issues that used Nvidia gpus, but that said I was active on the Red Faction forum at the time trying to find fixes and I distinctly recall that there were people with Nvidia gpus that were having issues, not just with stuttering but with crashing and also with weird textures flashing, and the big one was the game would pause after large events, like taking down a big building.. this particular issue they were saying was not necessarily graphics related, that it was more due to cpu, but others believed it was on account of how they implemented the physics engine if I recall correctly.

Anyway, lucky you that it worked for you! I quite liked the game and would have loved to play it further if it weren't for the subpar performance :/

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Yeah, I basically got lucky. The game isn't coded too well which is a shame considering how good it is.

3. Garone

Garone Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570
    I've got the exact same problem as OP. It works properly the first time I run it but if I close it down and bring it back up the refresh rate will be locked at 59 and it will frameskip like hell.

Also got an ATI card and C2D.

4. 13thvulture

13thvulture Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 4200
    maybe theres some sort of mod around that would fix it? ill google around

5. ct03

ct03 Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 260
    My X2 4200 @ 2.5 Ghz begs to differ. I ran the game perfectly fine at around 40fps average (2 GB RAM and GTX260 216).

However, I had to turn off the Aero in Windows 7 to stop the game from lagging. Not sure what's up with that.

6. 13thvulture

13thvulture Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 4200
    radeonpro is doing nothing for me, and being that im on a laptop with an integrated graphics card, im not really sure how to update the drivers, but the thing is, the game has worked perfectly before, which proves it can.

7. 13thvulture

13thvulture Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 4200
    ive tried both patches, and unpatched.

8. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    I have had this issue as well. My game always ran at 59Hz in the setting, so I thought the game was just really demanding on a system and poorly coded. But then one day i started to play it, and it ran perfectly smooth for about 3 minutes until it went back to jitteryness. During those 3 minutes, i looked in the settings and it showed 60Hz for the first time instead of 59Hz. After that, i was determined to only play it at 60Hz, so i started messing with monitor drivers and forcing 60Hz through nvidia control panel, etc. None of that worked. In my research, i found that monitors getting stuck at 59Hz is a common issue with no solution, though it has not affected any games other than this that i have been able to tell. I have an Nvidia GPU and a stock clock i7 920. It was a serious tease to let me play it perfectly smooth for a whole 3 minutes. I have not tried turning Aero off though, I will give that a shot.

Let me know if you find a solution.

9. 13thvulture

13thvulture Member

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 4200
    ive confirmed that this is indeed a RFG problem rather than a problem with my monitor's actual refresh rate. RFG is refreshing at 59hz while my monitor is refreshing at 60hz. ive found a few other games that also have a refresh rate setting ingame, and they all stick at 60hz, matching my monitor, and run smoothly.

even when i open rfg along side another game that is at 60hz, just seeing if it makes a difference, rfg still stays at 59. so this is definitely a rfg problem rather than a monitor thing.