Profile mgmt broken (2.0.0)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Habitats, Dec 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Habitats

Habitats Guest

GPU:
    ATI 5970
    Hello

When I setup 2d/3d profiles with afterburner, they don't work properly. They seem to respond randomly to whatever happens.

What usually happens when my 2d profile gets loaded is that it only OC's ONE clock, and most of the time it's not even the right clock. The same happens with 3d profiles. This happens regardless of which clock speed I'm trying to achieve.

The only way I can get both of my cores clocks synchronized, is to manually OC with "unofficial overclocking 1" in .cfg. I've also forced constant voltages.

Other than that; my card's fully functional and performs great as ever. Rest of my system is pretty clean - did a full reinstall just the other day. Running 10.11 with CAP4.

Thought about trying out the BETA, but didn't find anything relevant to my problems in the notes. So I don't know.

2. msi-afterburner

msi-afterburner Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI N275GTX Lightning
    the 2d profile is not the 2d that you are talking about. 2d profile is for middle or low loading purpose like blu-ray playback, not real idle profile.

3. Habitats

Habitats Guest

GPU:
    ATI 5970
    That explains a lot... Why isn't this specified in the tooltips? If they are, I've clearly missed something.

Anyway, in order to change the "idle" clock, I guess I'll have to mod the BIOS, or just live with manually changing the clocks whenever suited?

4. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Why don't you read the tooltips before saying that it is not specified there? It is clearly saying that profiles management doesn override own GPU power management technologies. So sorry but RTFM.

5. Habitats

Habitats Guest

GPU:
    ATI 5970
    I've read that, but as English isn't my native tongue, I didn't get what msi-afterburner said out of it. The way I read the tooltip, it says that the 2d profile will load whenever the 3d profile doesn't. And I thought that included idling.

Also, I thought when you changed the unofficial OC value, it'll override whatever. Thought that was the whole point of that function.

But thanks for the arrogance. If this how you reply to everyone who doesn't share your point of view?

Anyway, none of this had anything to do with my actual problem. But whatever.

6. Unwinder

What is true arrogance is coming here with "your functionality is broken", getting direct reply with clarifications about functionality from MSI, then saying "then your context help doesn't explain it" without even peeking there, getting direct comment from the person who designed software and the context help then trying to cover yourself with "ah, English isn't my native language" and personal attack attempts. And yes, I reply this way to everyone trying to attack my work because of their poor understanding and trying to set their own rules in my home. So either change the attitude, or search for other forum, sorry.

7. Habitats

Habitats Guest

GPU:
    ATI 5970
    Your poor attempts of self-defense is just getting ridiculous.

I came here, asking about my problem in a polite manner, trying to get help. But instead of helping you just go on bashing because I didn't understand 100% what the tooltip meant - going as far as implying I didn't even do an attempt to read it. Even though I clearly stated I've might've gotten it wrong.

I've you're going to get this butthurt anytime someone criticizes, or doesn't fully understand your work, you should either find someone else to speak for you, or do something else, honestly.

8. Unwinder

Next portion of personal attacks? FYI, polite manner in my understanding doesn't assume words like butthurt in my understanding, so no need to show your real face further. And actually poor attempts of self-defense is what you're doing instead of dropping simple and short "it was my own misunderstanding, I'm sorry". If reply of msi-afterburner, telling you where your misunderstanding is located and my reply, telling you which part of the context help is documenting the thing you are misunderstanding, is not a help for you - just find other forum. And no need to lie about language barier, your English is not bad at all. And don't try to come back with such attitude please, there will be no additional warnings.

9. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You really don't see to have any issue with the English language.

Topic closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.