Logitech G51- Dieing?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by awmiscool, Dec 10, 2010.

1. awmiscool

awmiscool Member

GPU:
    BFG Tech 9800 GX2 @680/1625/1100
    I bought a logitech G51 surround sound system about 2 years ago. I recently hooked it up to my xbox 360 and the subwoofer makes vibrating/buzzing sounds for certain bass notes, and the rear speakers sound very crackly.

I notice the vibrating sounds when I play racing games where rpms rise and certain rpms, if I hold it there, will make the subwoofer continuously buzz. In Black Ops, it will sometimes make it but I cannot label the exact sound that causes it.

The rear speakers, I switched the front and rear speakers around with the inputs and the front speakers plugged into rear slots still sound weak and crackly. So it must be the inputs. Is there something wrong with my subwoofer? In racing games, when the tires peel out, it sounds weak and its faded and crackling. It's quite embarrassing.

If there is something wrong with it, what subwoofer can I purchase to replace it? It needs to have the 5.1 input and the component/RCA inputs for xbox and such. Thanks!

2. David Lake

David Lake Master Guru

GPU:
    Titan V watercooled
    Ur amps goin I had a similar issue with me Creative S750 a while back.
    Oh and its spelt dying.

3. awmiscool

awmiscool Member

GPU:
    BFG Tech 9800 GX2 @680/1625/1100
    So what can I do to fix that?

4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Probably nothing...
    Check and see if they are still within warranty.
    If not, then you are out of luck and might need to look at a new set.
    If the amplifier is indeed dying then there isreally not much you can do about that as an end user.