AMD Catalyst Von modded

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Von Dach, Nov 12, 2010.

1. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Thanks for the Cap switcher!

2. bboy-mass

bboy-mass Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 ti
    Von,

Not touching these drivers anymore until you post 120fps at 6048x1080 for everything.lol

Your last drop is awesome.

BCBFII 6048x1080 2xAA (everything maxed out) between 55-78FPS
    Dirt2 never drops below 60FPS (check my youtube channel)
    Metro 2033 18FPS (no joke - nightmare game to run - still 3 fps higher)

Everything else like Race07 and Rfactor in 100+

Cool and the gang.

R.
    Bboymassuk

3. Sevenz

Sevenz Active Member

GPU:
    ATI HD4870 512MB
    Hey Sunset Jam, which versions of dot net do you have installed?

4. Sunset Jam

Sunset Jam Member

GPU:
    MSI R5770 Hawk 1GB
    Well, I know I have .Net 4.0 installed for sure. I'll do a re-install of the previous versions and see if that fixes anything. In the meantime, I've had to downgrade from HDMI to DVI, that's pretty much the only way the image will fill up the entire screen instead of leaving inch-wide borders.

Anyway, my main priority's getting Control Catalyst Center to work properly, so I'll focus on that for now.

5. Sevenz

Sevenz Active Member

GPU:
    ATI HD4870 512MB
    It's been a while, but I couldn't get CCC to work either until I installed .net version 2. Version 3 didn't work, even though I read it was backward compatible.

6. Sunset Jam

Sunset Jam Member

GPU:
    MSI R5770 Hawk 1GB
    A message appears telling me it's already installed on my system. I guess .Net 4.0 contains the previous versions. CCC's still not opening, though. Well, to be more accurate, it is opening, but the only thing shown is the Hydravision tab. No display options, no image quality options, not even anti-aliasing options. Nothing.

7. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    NV560Ti @900/2394 ATI4890
    This thread solutions may help you: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=333557 (go to the other forum link).

8. Sunset Jam

Sunset Jam Member

GPU:
    MSI R5770 Hawk 1GB
    Thanks, Von. I've checked out the page. Windows Installer Cleanup Utility's no longer available for download, but it seems to be more of a recommendation than a requirement.

Instructions also say to get rid of any keys in the C:/Windows/Assembly folder that look like this: 90ba9c70f846762e

There aren't any Public key tokens matching that, I'm just gonna have to hope the .Net unistallation/re-installations work.

---------Update------------

As expected, no dice. Control Catalyst Center opens, and the only thing available is Hydravision. I've pretty much given up now. Oh well, switched from HDMI to DVI, black border's gone, but no 1080p. I'll have to wait 'till AMD decides to make it so that 1080p doesn't automatically underscan. I lose, but they don't win. :pipe:

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  9. [EX3]Cobra_XP

[EX3]Cobra_XP Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6870 1Gb Crossfire
    @ Von Dach - TY

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  10. kazama

kazama Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 X
    To install the cap4 simply run the cmd file and select the new cap4? today im installed the 10.11 von modded and full cap3.

11. bhstr99

bhstr99 Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 5750
    Hi, could somebody tell me what are the functions of these 'CAP' profiles? Currently I'm using dummy :3eyes:

12. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    I must say, I had a weird story..

So 10.11 + CAP3 were working great on my HD5970 for F1 2010 on DX11, but not on Bad Company 2, so decided to give it a go to this Von Modded drivers.

Installed 10.11 beta + cap3 von modded both.

To my surprise, following games I tried would lock up or stop responding:

- COD: Black Ops
    - F1 2010
    - Bc2 (Black Screen flickering)

So I got angry and removed them, ran Driver Sweeper on safe mode, and installed 10.11 + CAP4 (Official, not modded at all).

I must say, it's working great now on official drivers lol, weird...

Thanks Von for modding these drivers and helping most of us!

I will surely keep an eye on the future 10.12 drivers to be modded :)

13. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    "sirmotto has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her." I have to reply publicly to your private message.

1. If you can log into Windows normal mode, Uninstall AMD Catalyst from Control Panel.

If not go directly to 2.

2. Boot in Safe Mode.

3. [Display Adapters]Open Device Manager, check if "Display adapters" are "Standard VGA Display Adapter". If not right-click the adapters> Uninstall> tick "Delete the Driver Software for this Device". After that right-click "Scan for hardware changes". Repeat again uninstall until you see "Standard VGA Display Adapter" or "WDDM 1.1 Microsoft driver".

4. Now you need to clean your registry of old settings left off by bad drivers installer/uninstaller (like AMD), if you don't do that in short or long term you may run in troubles from old and newer parameters mixing up.

Install those cleaners and run all of them in that order, they find different old keys.
    1. AMD Catalyst TwL Cleaner
    2. Driver Sweeper
    3. CCleaner Enhancer
    4. CCleaner Slim (run twice, some obsolete keys are so only on second pass)
    5. Auslogics Registry Cleaner (run twice)
    6. TweakNow PowerPack 2010
    7. Wise Registry Cleaner
    Don't reboot if asked by cleaners. Reboot in Normal Mode when you runned all cleaners.

5. Install latest modded driver 10.11 Beta or 10.10e in normal mode.

I'm not sure it will be helpful, your problem have a lot of possible causes. If it's not working, try removing one GPU card and maybe both for an other one (AMD or Nvidia, no matter). Goal is to know if it is hardware related (mobo, power supply, memory BIOS settings, GPU cards, everything is possible).

14. 420smoker

420smoker New Member

GPU:
    asus 6850 1gb
    I have xfire 6850 and a dedicated physx card what driver should I use?
    Also should I remove all driver including nvidia and reinstall nvidia and physx mod last?

15. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    The procedure for mixing AMd-Nvidia is in TwL thread: http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=322616

You can use driver 10.11 Beta or 10.10e, if you wait some hours, rflair is releasing 10.11 Catalyst 8.80.

16. samappz

samappz Guest

GPU:
    Dual Nvidia 680M SLI
  17. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Yeah it's a good driver, I tried to mod desktop to mobility in the past and failed, someone will surely do it anyway in the coming hours, ask asder00.

In fact they is no real need to mod them the way I do anymore, secret sauce is the TwL Cleaner >=v3.71 (Windows Normal Mode) and/or Driver Sweeper >=v2.75 (Safe Mode).
    People can activate MLF with RadeonPro and TFQ is High Quality in this one by default.

So it's more a method than a mod now:

1. Uninstall old AMD Catalyst. Reboot.

2. Open Device Manager, check if "Display adapters" are "Standard VGA Display Adapter". If not right-click the adapters> Uninstall> tick "Delete the Driver Software for this Device". After that right-click "Scan for hardware changes". Repeat again uninstall until you see "Standard VGA Display Adapter" or "WDDM 1.1 Microsoft driver". Reboot only if asked.

3. Run TwL Cleaner.

4. Install latest driver. Don't reboot.

5. Install latest CAP with Switcher (which I will continue to update, it's useful for myself). Reboot.

5. Customize your settings with RadeonPro.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2010
  18. 420smoker

420smoker New Member

GPU:
    asus 6850 1gb
    Thank you so much for the drivers and the info

19. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    I can't get and change all the options I want with RadeonPro (good still), so I'll continue to mod for now. I'll upload in some hours.

20. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    [ Outdated ]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011