Pc problem.....

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Understandable, Dec 8, 2010.

1. Understandable

Understandable Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SC 900/1800/2200
    Not sure if this is the right section to post this but ive been having some strange issues just recently and i need answers. Ive had my system overclocked for 10 months and its stable(prime95). Now all of a sudden sometimes when i start my pc it wont post,but all my lights and everything is running. I have to reset or hard boot in order to get the bios screen or windows. Another thing i notice is that sometimes when i go into the bios and do a save exit,pc hangs right after, it did this like 10 times in a row yesterday. There also have been times when i try to turn on my pc it doesn't post at all,so i have to keep pushing the reset or do a hard boot until post but when i get to the bios comes up it says my oc has failed and sometimes it doesn't. I cleared my CMOS and reset my OC but its doing the same thing(not every time though). I can game and run prime all day and no bsod's, etc.... any suggestions on what the problem could be?

2. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    Remove the OC, does it still work. If so, that means the processor doesn't like the OC in the long run. Through wear and tear, CPUs may lose the ability to uphold a certain overclock.

deltatux

3. ÆtherStone

ÆtherStone Member

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 670
    Sounds like RAM to me. Trying using one stick then two and so on and so forth. Run Memtest, sometimes Prime95 missing RAM issues from my experience.

4. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    it could be bios battery too ;)

5. Detection

Detection Banned

GPU:
    2 x 6850 - CrossFireX
    Sounds like a piece of hardware has had enough, possibly the long term effect of an over-clock on a delicate component.

6. Understandable

Understandable Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570 SC 900/1800/2200
    well its definitely not the ram....

7. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    If it ain't RAM, then I say your OC.

deltatux

8. bokah

bokah Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 670GTX 2G
    prime is not accurate when its about mem stability

9. plodge85

plodge85 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 7970 Windforce
    im having the same troubles...

thought id broken my processor at first, was messing about trying my 6000+ in my 3800+ mobo (really regret it). needless to say it didnt work. when i replaced the 6000+ in the the proper mobo, i couldnt get any video output. i nearly cried, but after a short while messing about, i got everything working as normal.

the system stayed perfectly stable until the other day when i changed my ram configuration (simply moved the sticks into different slots to try and work out why i wasnt getting dual channel with four 1gb sticks) and again, i got a no video output situation. i messed about a bit and everything seemed to click into place, the system booted fine and was running perfectly fine until today.

ive just had 2 consecutive system freezes during BIOS. reset the machine again and system started running like it should. you would think there was nothing wrong. (im using it now) ive memtested my ram and pc checked my processor and mobo etc, everything looks ok. there is no oc on my system.

does it sound like a damaged processor?