Rumors about Auzentech?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ROBSCIX, Nov 20, 2010.

1. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Hey guys, it would seem there is some very incorrect information floating around the various audio forums. The main rumor seem to be that Auzentech is going out of business. For the sake of having correct information for our forums, I spoke with the powers that be at Auzentech.
    They quickly put this rumor to rest. They are not going anywhere and in fact are releasing a new soundcard here soon, the X-Meridian 7.1 2G.

So, that is the information I get from the actual source. It is a shame when Some stupid kids or fanboys go around spreading bad information about subject they have no idea about.

Just figured you guys might want the real story regarding this rumor.

2. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Thanks ROB,

3. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    lol..
    but why would they anyway, its been a strong company with quality products from the start.

Agree.

4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Sure we know that but, if people keep reading bad information or rumors they start to believe it. Just figured I would straighten it out before the rumor starts popping up around here. There is a bit more to it, it seems it was one idiot going around trying to discredit the company. Posting crap in the Auzen forums..etc. The guy had multiple accounts on the forums to start arguments with! Some people really need to get a life!

Last edited: Nov 20, 2010

5. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yep

btw tnx for this info, i didnt see it yet :)

6. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    Cheers.

7. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    Never hard the rumor but I always thought they made quality products...

makes me wonder how much my X-Meridian is worth if I sold it...any takers? ;) LM4562's too

8. Pablo

Pablo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Saphire 5870 2g VapourX
    Whilst its prob not true,

Im sure unless you work there or are part of the management they wouldnt give you the full info anyway.

been in firms that are to close before, but this info was never given out toi general public until it had to, if plc company etc.

9. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    The X-Meridian 7.1 2G is posted on their website as being released soon.....why would they be releasing a new product if they're going out of business? I was actually looking at that card lastnight as my X-Fi XtremeGamer took a crap.... I only own 2 functioning creative products now and my X-Fi Go! isn't doing too good....sounds are starting to echo.

Rob, will you be reviewing the X-Meridian 7.1 2G when it's released??? Also, could you please PM me your opinion/thoughts on the X-Raider 7.1 please?

10. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Well I released the sneak peak and will be reviewing the card when released also.

11. ClaymoreMD

ClaymoreMD Member

GPU:
    Asus 4870x2
    Thanks for stopping these speculations :)

12. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I have the X-Meridian 7.1 2G on order. I should have it by mid Dec. I will provide my opinions after I play with it a bit. Auzentech can't be going out of business. They accepted my pre-order and money.

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    They are not going anywhere.
    When I get the 2G I will give a review.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  14. ClaymoreMD

ClaymoreMD Member

GPU:
    Asus 4870x2
  15. TracesofCopper

TracesofCopper Member

GPU:
    280GTX WB OC
    I'm glad Auzentech Is getting away from those awful Creative Labs people and the horrible drivers they produce. I'm Still stuck with a prelude that only works OK under Win 7, but great under Vista.

One thing though. I don't think anyone could discredit Auzentech as much as they, themselves have over the past 3-4 years, just look at Auzen's own BBB report . I've personally had 1 out of 5 support tickets answered, and even going so far as to contact Mr. Bae himself without so much as a reach around, and Auzentech would almost never answer forum questions. Telling people Instead to open support tickets that rarely got answered.

It will be Interesting to see what happens when C Media moves away from the 8788 and driver updates become less frequent. Will people that buy the 2G be in the same boat as those with Creative cards?

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    The Auzentech forums are community forums not support forums.
    If C-Media moves away from the 8788 then they will be bringing out out a new chipset which will end up on new soundcards.
    The 2G uses the 8788 chip not anything from Creative.

You're stuck with a prelude but your spec say you have a Essence STX...which is it?

17. TracesofCopper

TracesofCopper Member

GPU:
    280GTX WB OC
    I had to buy an STX after the Prelude never got proper support In Win 7, and yes Auzentech did start answering forum posts after they found out the whole community support was coming from one person, namely Squall. Supposedly even Mr. Bae got In on the act. I should also add, that when you did get a response from someone other than Squall, It was like you said In an earlier post, It was from some prick bashing Auzentech.

If C Media makes another chip It will more than likely be Asus specific for another unspecified amount of time and leave the 8788 crowd In the cold just like the XFi products, and Prelude owners will be lucky If they "ever" see another updated driver. I love the Prelude, It's a great card but I wont be so quick to buy another Auzentech card until I know the driver support Is there.

I'm not quite sure what to believe with Asus having sole access to the 8788, as I'm sure you know, there are still a few companies selling cards with the 8788 namely HT Omega. If It's true they bought a stock pile of chips to keep selling the 8788, you'd think that would have been one hell of a stock pile to keep selling them to this day.

So what the heck ever happened to C Media and Auzentech, and why they are aloud to sell the 8788 again, seems to either tell a different story than the one that's been going around for a few years or they tried to gain more traction In the gaming market with Creative?

Could the answer also be they are selling the 8788 once again because a new refresh from C Media and Asus Is coming out soon? I don't know, just don't know what to believe any more , time will tell.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  18. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Yes but that forum is NOT a support forum. Just because they answer a post or two doesn't mean that is the proper place to voice issue with the products. It is weird you would have such issue with Win7 as there doesn't seem to be much difference as far as the audio goe between Vista and Win7.
    Well you are just guessing with no real information to back any of it up. The 8788 chip was found on many cards originally then ASUS seemed to buy the rights but now it is in the open community again.
    Again, you have no idea what is coming....
    Yes because HT Omega was using stock they already had. ASUS had full rights to the chip for a time but it seems all that is over now...hence the 8788 X-Meridian 2G. The chip is avilable to everybody again so they can build whatever they want with it.
    I already explained the situation.
    New refresh? Not sure what you mean.

19. TracesofCopper

TracesofCopper Member

GPU:
    280GTX WB OC
    Apparently I'm not the only one that had Win 7 Issues as before they erased the forums they were full of people with allot of Win 7 Issues, and seems most people like me either bought new cards or put their old cards back In and never looked back at Auzentech.

I thought the same thing with win 7 and Vista, but I seem to remember Sqaull saying something In a post about Auzentech not updating the newer drivers properly? I thought he said they actually used older driver Info on some parts of the drivers even when Creative released newer versions of the drivers?

Like I said, I'll take a wait and see approach on Auzentech this time around, but I'll gladly support them again If they update their drivers faster than they did with the XFi chips.

I wish Via would do an update of the Envy.

Refresh as In something like a 8800.

20. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Well forums are usually full of people looking for help with certain issues.
    Creative writes the drivers for the Preludes. Probably older base drivers, only certain parts need changing.
    Well that would have to do with C-Media building a new chip not ASUS...
    This is all a bit off topic anway.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2010