ATT last builds discussions.

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Apr 25, 2010.

1. dylan_dog

dylan_dog Active Member

GPU:
    Ati Sapphire HD4@720/1100
    Hey, Ray!
    Does ATT support gpu voltage regulation on hd6850?

2. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    restart and no change,
    the srvinst claims the low level driver is not installed
    yet all seems to work perfectly :)

could be just problem with srvinst detection

3. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Don't look in srvinst if you use 64 bit Windows.

4. Proxima

Proxima New Member

GPU:
    Asus ATIx1650series 256MB
    Overclocking does not work with the latest build (from this thread) on my Asus ATI x1650 video card. Both values are at 0/0 and changing them does nothing. It works perfectly on 1.6.9.1486 tho.

5. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    to old do not want

6. Proxima

Proxima New Member

GPU:
    Get me a better one and I promise I won't use this one?
    Ffs, I'm just reporting a problem. Trolololol somewhere else plix

7. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    no you need to RTFM ATI Dropped support for you're card ageeeesss ago

you gain nothing from using a newer version of ATT anyway
    you're pc belongs in a museum or a dumpser

8. Proxima

Proxima New Member

GPU:
    Broooooooooooooooooooooooo, read more carefully please. I said the older version of ATT works JUST FINE, as in I can O/C it all I want, meaning there's some sorta problem with the newer version, not my friggin' card.

9. onemoar

onemoar Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060SC @2250/4550
    wut other then you can't read the install options

DErpp here ill make it easy
    check enable OLD IC2 system
    if that dont work use software method to read clocks and if that doesn't do it
    follow these steps
    Step 1 : unplug you're computer
    Step 2: Open a Window ( second floor or higher if available )
    Step 3: rest pc on window sill
    Step 4: kick pc off window sill "
    Step 5: buy/build something made in the last 2 years lolol :bang:
    I am Normaly not such a ******* but noobs that expect there 5 year old hardware to work with the latest software is just .. annoying to say the lest
    and save the bits about you not being able to aford a new pc

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  10. BrutuZ

BrutuZ Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 560Ti Hawk TF3/OC
    Well, like I said before, if it's not broken, don't fix it :). So, unless you were having problems with the older build, you're probably better with it instead of upgrading needlessly anyway. Specially since these beta builds are meant to fix support for newer cards (HD4xxx+).
    Dude, that was really unnescessary :stewpid:. Honestly, if you can't help, don't say anything, otherwise it's just trolling.:biggun:
    BTW, He is not a computer, he has one. Neither is his PC a location. If you didn't get it, you're is short for you are, your indicates possession.There for locations and their for possession.:nerd: *trollface*

11. mickey megabyte

mickey megabyte New Member

GPU:
    asus eah4890
    just reporting that i had troubles upgrading to new 1528 version of att from ver 1484.

i kept getting errror messages at start-up about low level driver, blahblah.sys needing to be in ati folder, and i must disable uac etc. (win 7 x64)

problem solved by going through registry and deleting all att entries - even though i chose 'remove all profiles' etc when uninstalling.

12. flapane

flapane Member

GPU:
    Sapphire/hd5670/512MB
    Hi Ray,
    I've just installed the latest build.
    Any good news (in case they aren't, will it ever be possible or there is some sort of hardware limitation?) regarding the manual (temp. based) fan profile and different voltages other than 0,9 and 1,1v for hd5xxx boards?
    Even if I can't see any change in the latest build, maybe there are good news still not included in the build.

13. BrutuZ

BrutuZ Member

GPU:
    Just reporting: 1.7.9.1528 simply vanishes after the system wakes from sleep state (Hybrid Suspension), didn't used to in 1.6.9.1486

14. Sobek

Sobek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280
    Hello again Ray. Sorry to be a bother, I asked a few pages back but didn't get a response... I was just wondering if ATT supports control of the Overscan feature yet? I'd like to use just ATT with no CCC installed, but I'm forced to use CCC to increase the Overscan %, because otherwise you get those annoying black borders around your screen.

So just curious if you've added support for this feature to ATT yet. It's basically the only thing keeping me from using it exclusively, and I really want to! :)

15. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 Sobek - ATT has no options for display or TV Out.

I will check it.

2 flapane - No news :) There are no way at this moment to implement custom voltages and manual fan control with table.

16. Sobek

Sobek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280
    Thanks for letting me know. Do you plan to add any of these features eventually? Realistically, the Overscan feature is probably the most important thing because it affects so many people... Even if you just added that single feature, it'd make things so much easier. Including that would let folk like myself cut CCC out of the picture entirely.

Or is there a problem with implementing the display controls? It's just the one thing I look forward to the most :)

17. flapane

flapane Member

GPU:
    Sapphire/hd5670/512MB
    Sad... either way we still love ATT :)

18. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Implementing display control is very hard job. Even harder than supporting new video boards. Thats why I've removed TV Out/Display module at all.

19. hopeful

hopeful Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 FE
    Hi Ray, forum,

I've waited a long time to ask several questions and not sure why, so here we go.

1. Under Advanced Tweaks section, the first on the list is Advanced Crossfire.
    I have looked for a long time to see if anyone discussed this, and I have yet to find anything. All the 'guides' (which most are just a copy and paste of Koroush's) all start with Advanced D3D and work down the list, but never mention Crossfire. It's quite aggrivating because I am very curious what we can do with the MVPU settings - which obviously you wrote for a reason Ray.

Could you please shed some light on these and what else to focus on besides just the MVPUmode itself?

2. With some driver versions, ATT combines the D3D and Open GL sections, rather than having them separate. This is fine, except the Open GL tab offers Triple Buffering, but that's under Open GL. So setting this should or shouldn't work? Because remember, under profile management, you can set to 'force' Triple Buffering with the 'Vista' work around. Do you have to use the profile manager, or will the Open GL setting apply to Direct X games as well? I suppose the short question is, does ATT have a built in D3D overrider?

I ask specifically because I have a program that uses Vsync by default, but has no option to run Triple Buffers and I cannot tell if it's already using it's own buffering. I don't want to force ATT if not necessary.

3. If enhanced AF is checked, but Anisotropic Filtering is set to application does it still work/override the application settings?

4. There was a lot of complaints that ATi drivers starting with version 10.5, were disabling crossfire. However I didn't find that to be exactly the case with ATT running. With ATT, the section for enable crossfire is grayed out, but in programs, both cards are working. Which makes me think it's NOT an ATi driver that's broken, especially considering this happens with all drivers from 10.5 to 10.11. Surely if crossfire was not working they would have fixed it by now. Any thoughts on this?

And here are some suggestions.

1) Color profiling:

A) Can you make it possible to browse and select .icm and other custom Windows color profiles? A lot of us have special calibrated monitors from things like Spyder Express, but with Tray Tools, you can't load those profiles.

B) Furthering point A, if you have a calibrated or custom Windows color profile in place, and then launch a 3d application, the application will override Windows. This is a known issue. Some programs like PowerStrip may help to enforce it, but it's not a very good solution.
    An alternative, is to use a hotkey and reload the graphics driver. This will put the monitor back to it's custom Windows profile. However doing so through ATT causes a large performance loss.
    The only working method at this time, is to create an ATT color profile, and put it on a hotkey. When the program launches and tries to use the default monitor color profile, you can hotkey with ATT to override it.
    A bit of an inconvenience, but it's manageable.
    The problem lies in that you have to make this ATT color profile manually with the naked eye; and that is not only difficult but defeats the purpose of an expensive monitor calibrator.

If you could get ATT to load and use a Windows .icm profile, it wouldn't necessarily stop the D3D games from overriding upon launch, but at least you'd be using the right color profile.

2. On Screen Display

Half measurements can be an eye sore. For example, when viewing temperature, it will be on 28 degrees, then goto 28.5. When this happens, the addition of those extra characters causes the flash OSD information to shift horizontally. The OSD information isn't distracting, even when numbers change, your eyes ignore it, but as soon as the whole thing moves from side to side, you DO notice it. Could you make a toggle setting under the OSD section to not include decimals and halves?

3. Proper 'launcher' support.

At the moment you tell people that ATT has aggressive 3d detection, and it does work.
    It's great, but that's not necessarily a good alternative to not having launcher support.
    Because, as a perfect example: The color profile as per above.
    At the moment, if I set a new managed profile, it will apply 3D visual and performance settings once it detects a certain .exe to be run - as it should. Though if I also include the 'force color profile,' the color profile kicks in when the program is launched. Most D3D programs that override monitor settings, don't do it immediately - in fact a lot of them do it about five to ten seconds into the program ; think like about the time you see the main start menu of a video game. This means that ATT does it's job and selects and applies the color profile, but then the program comes along a few moments later, and overrides it.

Launch the program, 3D settings kick in, color profile kicks in, program is running, color profile is overriden by program.
    And it will stay that way unless the ATT color profile is manually applied again.

A)Immediate logic dictates that you can't write ATT to beat the program. The program will always override the ATT color profile, but you could put a delay timer(automatic with a default fifteen second delay, or manual mode with user input time duration). This effectively acts in place of the user manually adjusting the color with the hotkey(s).

B)What I would also like to see, is that for each profile you use, you can set it for a destination executable, and a launcher that points to that executable. This would also allow users to then disable aggressive 3D detection, which can sometimes cause problems on certain hardware with some software
    (Later versions of Nhancer support this 100%, and it works. I have full confidence you could do the same).

Please advise on all that you can, I really prefer ATT, much like I did Nhancer for Nvidia cards. While all these programs keep coming out like Crossfire Xtension and RadeonPro, it all started with yours!

And enjoy your 6870, AMD got your name up in lights!

Regards,

Roxy,

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010
  20. BrutuZ

BrutuZ Member

GPU:
    What I understood is that you're asking for the same thing I asked 6 months ago. No luck so far :infinity:
    If I got it wrong just ignore this message :stewpid: