Testing NVIDIA vs. AMD Image Quality

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by MAD-OGRE, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Omagana

Omagana Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    ^Indeed

2. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    That relies on it being succesfull though.
    Its obvious they have to put alot of money into GPU PhysX games, are they getting enough back to keep doing this?
    If it becomes very succesful then i doubt they would want to let it be usable by all, but if the hype dies down, and its not used, or even more rarely, then there is no reason why they wouldn't.

At the end of the day, unfortunately there won't ever be a single GPU physics standard, and for backwards compatibilty GPU accelerated games either using PhysX or Bullet are only going to have tacked on eye candy features.

3. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i totally agree. nothing points in any other direction.

4. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]

exactly they bribed those developers with tones of money so they would use it in the first place..
    and what still only a few dared it and took the plunge, nothing special actually it looks almost pathetic the way they did it.

and again its their thing, they bought ageia for a reason, no way they're gonna give it for free and to run on all gpus.. besides they would have to rewrite it again so its openCL compatible and we all know nvidia isn't gonna do that, not even if it becomes outdated -then it will be useless anyway, like almost now..

5. p3ps1c0la

p3ps1c0la Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 480 8gb
    As oppose to your fanboy rant. :wanker: And the 260 drivers are fine. I have had zero problems and judging from the NVidia driver forum not many else have issues with the 260 drivers either. Did you list an NV card in your specs so you can rant about NVidia and make it seem like your not an ATI fanboy cause you have an NVidia card? :wanker:

Don't call out ATI for their BS or you're a fanboy. :wanker:

Oh,a dn thanks OP, this is the first time I've see this article. Must have missed the other threads.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    yea piss off yourself.

so what if those 5-6 games of yours work:bang:, then ask nvidia why aren't they using 260+ in quadro drivers, yea that's right because they're not stable enough, cuda 3.3.1 - next branch should be at least the trend shows it, clueless troll.

And fyi im not defending Ati im saying nivida does it to and yet they're all quiet about it and accusing others, learn to read.

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    When insults start, people get banned.
    Be very sure about what you write and how you decide to do it.

8. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    ^
    ok yea i am sorry i overreacted, but im not gonna be quiet when he spits on me and calls me trash fanboy troll multiple times..

and i wasn't defending ati even if i talked bad over nvidia i was saying they do it too and yet they always get away with it.

ok i won't talk anymore.

9. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    Hilbert Hagedoorn
    Close this thread!

10. Rollo2

Rollo2 Banned

I don't think the thread should be closed, the issue is timely and valid.

Closing the thread would only hide the issue, and hopefully exposure of the issue will force ATi to fix their default setting IQ and everybody wins.

NVIDIA Focus Group Member
    NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to
    facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.

11. Rollo2

Rollo2 Banned

I'm not a huge Mirror's Edge fan, but my son loves it.

Metro2033 is one of my favorite games, and I'm over half through with Mafia 2 and enjoying it. Like Batman AA a lot, and I liked Cryostasis.

Dark Void and Darkest of Days didn't do it for me.

The point isn't how "good" the games are, that will always be subjective. (e.g. Loved Doom 3 and many hated it. Many love Starcraft2, does nothing for me.)

The point is NVIDIA is adding physics to the the games for more realistic environments, so when you come across one you like it looks better on the PC than it does on your 360.

NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to
    facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.

12. Exodite

Exodite Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56
    The issue is what's commonly referred to as 'beating a dead horse'.

The default graphics settings for AMD graphics cards uses optimizations that may, or may not, slightly impair image quality.

The default graphics settings for Nvidia graphics cards uses optimizations that may, or may not, slightly impair image quality.

Both vendors allow users to disable these optimizations.

Case closed, the rest is trolling.

13. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Is this not the only thread about this left open anyway, would be a shame to close it, though i wish more people actually went back and forward with their opinion when disagreeing about something, rather than just shouting "fanboy" when they run out of things to say.

Paying developers to use a tech in a game isn't a bad thing in my eyes, if they have to pay to get it added, then nothing is lost to those using competing hardware.

I wish AMD had bought Bullet and made it AMD only, they would of had a financial reason to push the tech forward, and i could of just bought a cheap AMD card to run it, as while i believe very much in GPU physics, i don't really think its possible, on a single GPU in anything but the most basic looking games.

14. Rollo2

Rollo2 Banned

ATi actually considered buying both Havok and PhysX, they either decided against it, or were outbid by NVIDIA and Intel.

They hoped Intel would let them keep working with Havok, but Intel pulled the plug.

15. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    Yea I still have not seen them, but I hate what this thread has turned into.
    Every one knows I am Pro Green team, but this bullet stuff looks nice and I hope this could lead to better things in the gaming world.

At the end of the day I don't care if my card is Green or Red as long as it's a good value and works for my needs. Depending on what is available in February I might give ATI/AMD a go, it's been a long time.

16. Xzibit

Xzibit Banned

GPU:
    7970 Windforce
    If you thought that, go to AMD site and there are forums, where you would be listened. :eyebrows:
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Aren't you tired to write this on every post?

17. amakusashiro

amakusashiro Banned

GPU:
    two HD5770 in crossfire
    ^Ditto on this. Guy doesn't know when to move on. Just feels like he is trying to bait for a fight or something. No one even needs to know hes a member of a Nvidia focus group, it doesn't matter around here, unless hes specifically trying to make it a point of looking special, or its just a fake label he applied to himself to cause drama with ATI users, which ever. In the end it just makes his post come off as more obnoxious, one sided, annoying, and spin like.

18. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  19. stormy

stormy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Pulse RX 7600
    Can't say that I'm surprised. That sort of things seems to happen quite often on a lot of forums where Rollo2 or jethrobodine (and whatever other names he may call himself) appear at.

20. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    looks like he is successful @nvforums

GTX580 is the stuff.

lol i had to :D, sry im out.