GeForce ForceWare 262.99 WHQL Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Silviu, Nov 9, 2010.

1. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    the text on the shortcuts is different i meant, not the picture quality.

it looks clearer.

2. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Oh, you mean like less fuzzy?

3. boOzy

boOzy Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon R290
    Not a good driver for me. I get average 7-10 more minimum fps with 197.45. IQ also seems worse with these. edit. forgot to mention, BFBC2 :biggun:

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  4. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I noticed that the drivers default to Adaptive Performance but some undemanding older games I've been playing and even newer ones such as LEGO Harry Potter run at intermediate 2D/3D clock speeds because of this setting (presumably). It works well for most games though and the card clocks down for video sequences then back up for 3D gameplay much like my previous HD 5870 cards did.

My question is should I set the Global Profile so it uses Maximum Performance or leave it as it is?

If I set it to Maximum Performance then does that mean the card runs at full 3D clock speeds on the desktop or will it still switch to low-power 2D speeds?

What does everyone else use?

5. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Prefer Maximum Performance here, it just uses full 3d clocks regardless of the gpu usage when 3D application is running(Game,Blu ray) etc.

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    yea, try and set it in game profile and leave adaptive in global profile.

7. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Yea, less fuzzy, more sharper...a bit similar to how it looked on my old ATI HD4850.

8. patch9164

patch9164 Member

GPU:
    Galaxy GTX 470 GC @750Mhz
    I too noticed things less fuzzy, more crisp since version 260.63. I am disabled and have had time to experiment with this. I have done clean installs with numerous driver versions and taken many screenshots of text, 3d games, hi def screensavers, etc. to compare. I have also shown results to many friends and there is a slight improvement in clarity with the last couple of drivers since 260.63. I notified nvidia of this and told them whether it was intentional or just a fluke, do not change whatever they did since 260.63 because the crispness improvement is noticable. If some people don't believe it I don't care as long as I noticed the difference on my pc.

9. OpethiaN

OpethiaN Member

GPU:
    2 X 460GTX 905/1065 (sli)
    has some one tried it on gtx 460 and if yes what chnages u have observed!!!

10. JustDave

JustDave Guest

GPU:
    BFG 260GTX OC(216) 896MB
    appologies to All for being off topic:

honestly, there are to many children(and trolls) at all ages. all over this fourm.
    Mods/Admins i'm positive, are sick of babysetting.
    who could really bliame them?

on topic:

260gtx is showing good IQ with little increase on some games. decrease on others.

250gtx hates these but they look good so far.

480gtx seems to be loveing these drivers(dont know why).

580gtx is preforming better then i expected with this set.

still waiting for a better CUDA version

11. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I'm not sure whether this is a driver bug or not but I've noticed that enabling v-sync through the in-game setting in Alien Breed 1, 2 and 3 doesn't work unless you also force triple buffering. I noticed the latest game was still tearing even though I had v-sync enabled in the Display options but activating triple buffering via D3DOverrider as I did for the previous two games fixes it. Weird, eh?

12. RLCF

RLCF Member

GPU:
    Crossfire R9280X/3GB
    The best driver in the years for my 2 8800 GT, no more BSODs in Red & Alert 3, Fallout 3 with overclock (702/1728/999 MHz), more performance in PhysX and lower temperature in full load. Maybe Nvidia sabotage performance on older cards, forcing consumers to acquire the new generation?

13. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    I've had only twice in the past 9 days, had my GTX580 get a "driver has recovered" error message. If I look in reliability center it just tells me it was a video hardware fault and its BCcode 117. Once was launching Crysis and the game crashed too. And another was just when I opened my browser today. Weird. No BSOD or anything that drastic.

Apart from those 2 times no issues what so ever. Strange dont you think?

14. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    I've not had any issues at all with these drivers or the new v263.09 ones so far, they've been 100% stable with all the games I've played/tested (over 40 so far) in the last eight days. Very impressed with the drivers and the card. I've just come from an HD 5870 CFX setup so it is so refreshing to not have to worry about negative scaling or having a CFX profile to run the latest game properly, I can tell you! :D

15. Darren Hodgson

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
    Have you tried doing a clean install again?

Also if you've updated from an ATI graphics card, be sure to run Driver Sweeper v2.7.5 to clean out remaining traces of those drivers. That doesn't remove *all* entries though as I found a large number of CCC entries still remaining when I ran UnInstall Cleaner v2.1.1. Not that they were causing any problems or anything but I was surprised to see them there at all after originally doing an Express Uninstall of the ATI drivers and running Driver Sweeper afterwards. Also I found a registry entry for ATIModeXX with Startup Manager, not that it could have ran anyway as the drivers were long gone!

Just goes to prove how much crap can get left behind by driver installs really.

16. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    i lawys notice this is well. but this is because i use driverclener.net, so when i unistall drivers and restart, my screen resis sometyhing like 640x480. so when i install drivers again, nativee res 1680x1050, everything sudenly looks much sharper then before, but in reality, its jsut a placebo cause i recently sw the blurry mess of a low res :nerd:

17. KingDazza

KingDazza Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Strix
    Yeah thanks mate. Did a complete driver sweeper/safe mode etc at time of posting here and so far so good. It only happened twice over a 9 day period, so its pretty rare, I'll wait and see. I've also disabled the 4 sound devices to be sure of xfi free conflict. Fingers crossed. I moved from a 5870cfx to 480 to the 580...

I'm going to check out the uninstall app you mentioned. :)