AMD Catalyst 10.10e

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by bolden, Nov 12, 2010.

1. connector

connector Member

GPU:
    2 x ASUS 5970
    Oh... Maziar belive me, i have done the same with the "AI" slider and not succeeded... report if you solve something... look at kazama's post... the clock at 400mhz may be a "track" to investigate the problem... i can't do it, cuz i don't have my pc here... :bang: maybe it's a 5970's problem.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  2. shaithis

shaithis Guest

Same issue here with CFX 5870, so not isolated to 5970.

Watching GPU-Z as well and no matter the game, the second GPU never switches to it's 3D clocks and never rises above 2% load.

Rolling back myself.

Also tried the 10.11 and got horrendous screen corruption like I haven't seen before....on windows desktop it occasionally flickers, run a game and there is an area of the screen which is permanently corrupted...

3. connector

connector Member

GPU:
    2 x ASUS 5970
    Thanks for your comments wildvil. With Catalyst 10.10d i have no problems (My Metro 2033 loves these drivers). It's only happens with 10.10e... anyway, good results with that 5800s "CrossFired", congratulations.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  4. wildvil

wildvil Active Member

GPU:
    5830 x 2 + 9800 GT
    Thank you.

I wouldn't of left the 10.10d either (I really do not believe you have to update drivers all of the time) I just could not run Lost planet or resident evil 5 (capcom games) at 32 AA. The game play was smooth but I did get a wire mesh / texture glitch. I just do not know if it was driver or game engine problem (the same problem in the 10.10e).

5. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Didnt you know, all AMD gfx cards have built in 31 day timers, that get activated when you plug them into your machines, and you have to get the latest drivers every month to reset them, otherwise they burst into flames, and you have to buy a new one :D

6. CodyPredy

CodyPredy Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire ATI R270X 2GB
    LOL....I just found a bug in the 10.10e HOTFIX. Activating Morphological Filtering in the AA panel causes some interesting performance issues with Media Player Classic Home Cinema. The interface becomes really slugish...has anyone else noticed this?

7. mbd2884

mbd2884 Banned

GPU:
    Mobility HD5870
    That's not a bug. It seems you don't know what Morphological AA is. It's post processing so it will analyze just about any image and do post processing to smooth out edges. So it's trying to do the same with the video. If you want to watch a video, turn it off.

You can easily set to have MLAA turn on with profiles for games and turn off when you are watching video, another profile with 2D settings etc.

8. CodyPredy

CodyPredy Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire ATI R270X 2GB
    Interesting....thanks for the info. Didn't know exactly how MLAA worked without forcing it on. So practically it's always activated as long as you keep it on in the Control Panel.

Do profiles work the same way as on NVidia. Can I set individual profiles for game exe or do I always have to mess around in the control panel?

EDIT: Nevermind...just messed around in the control panel and saw what you were talking about. Thanks again..

9. MyBrains

MyBrains Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 7950 OC 950MHz
    These 10.10e seem to have got rid of the only stutter i had in Grid,when driving on the Spa track i had some stutter,im not getting it anymore so now Grid is running perfect for me on maxed settings :D

10. Stoogie

Stoogie Member

GPU:
    2x XFX GTX 260 216 in SLi
    heres a solution, for 6870 download 10.10e, go to CCC disable MLAA, and just use programmed AA, if however u run a game that doesnt have AA in the menus then exit out or alt tab and enable MLAA temporarily if ur that picky. other than that turn it off all the time cause its crap lol..

11. TheJakeyl88

TheJakeyl88 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX HD5850 - 1GB
    MLAA is also best used with regular AA off. MLAA is giving the results close to 8x SSAA, but doesn't cost anywhere near the performance.

If you are wondering about the different AA filters, use the help function within CCC as it explains how each filter works and weather it gives a more blurred effect, or more sharpened look. I have a 5850 and I've been using MLAA, regular AA is off, 16x AF, standard catalyst AI, HQ mipmap textures, 1920x1200 and use v-sync. So far it works great with the new games, fallout, MOH, CODBO, and the MLAA is really nice, especially with MOD. The card can keep up even with v-sync on. Once I turn regular AA on its not possible, but if you are using MLAA you really shouldn't have to as it works very well and efficient on its own.

**Also I use MLAA and MPCHC with no issues.

12. nutyo

nutyo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5870
    Hate MLAA. I would only ever use it if there was no other way to enable AA in a game.

13. evil_religion

evil_religion Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon 5870 Vapor-X
    Uhm, is this a joke?
    In most games even 2xSSAA looks better than MLAA and 4xSSAA looks muuuch better.

I agree with nutyo. Would only use it if there's no better choice what mostly isn't the case.

Instead of introducing MLAA ATI should have enhanced the usual AA so that it can compete with Nvidia.
    With ATI SSAA can lead to a blurry picture if HDR is on and the overall AA compatibility is better with Nvidia (Mafia 2, Risen...).

If I recall it correct, SSAA either doesn't eat up so much performance on Nvidia compared to ATI. I'm losing about 80 or even more FPS if I play L4D2 with 4xSSAA with my Radeon 5870.

14. k1net1cs

k1net1cs Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD 5650m (550/800)
    MLAA is practically kicking in whenever the driver (or PowerPlay) decides to switch to 3D clocks...and whenever a media player uses DXVA for video decoding, it does switch to 3D clocks, so that's maybe why your MPC-HC feels sluggish; MLAA basically (post-)processes the whole screen per frame.

So, it's not necessarily because of using MPC-HC that MLAA kicks in.
    If the decoder (or codec) installed in your PC is using hardware acceleration (i.e DXVA) for decoding, no matter which player you're using, MLAA will be run if you set it on in CCC.

...well, CMIIW though. =b

15. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Same here, it just makes everything look blured, theres no need for the drivers to have it really, as it can just be implemented into games options, like it has been in GTA 4, as you just press P to activate it in that. :p

16. Kariddi

Kariddi Active Member

GPU:
    2x ATI 5850 Sapphire
    does someone know of a way to make the pylon power fields reappear in SC2 with these drivers?

17. Ukraver

Ukraver Master Guru

GPU:
    msi r280x oc
    ive just come over from nvidia and wwhat you say about ssaa is not true , i used it all the time and u get a 30-30% hit in performance over msaa

it should be that way tho if it is working!

also been using 10.10e now since release with no issues whatsoever , good drivers on a single gpu:) , games played mainly f1 2010 cod bo w7x64

Last edited: Nov 22, 2010
  18. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Been testing a bit between 10.10e and 10.11 and i must say 10.10e runs so much smoother.

But i'm getting some strange texture appearing issues in StarCraft 2 around buildings sometimes. Like a shadow pops up for a fraction of a second and it's gone again.

Tried some different settings in the CCC but doesn't matter.

19. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Damn, just discovered that myself today... Many other effects are missing as well, like Probe's energy trail\fires in damaged Terran buildings\etc. This bug is in previous hotfixes and in 10.11 as well. 10.10WHQL with latest CAP is still the best for SC2...

20. signas_86

signas_86 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 SLI Watercooled
    tested 10.10e and 10.11 with 3dmark vantage for gpu score..

10.10e - 16+++

10.11 - 12+++

10.11 make my screen shaking during startup/shutdown & on/off game...i think i just go for 10.10e