AMD Catalyst Von modded

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Von Dach, Nov 12, 2010.

1. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Is it just me, or does the 10.10 e hotfix make the card a lot more....hot? It's not just your version, but the real thing itself.

2. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    NV560Ti @900/2394 ATI4890
    High DPC latency and DPC spikes cause gameplay slow down, stuttering, hiccups.

Let's say that with HPET Off, on a clean windows install, it should be below ~20us.

On my Asus P5WDH it's between 150-500us, bad. HPET is enforced On, no way to change it. Asus be damned.

3. perosmct

perosmct Banned

GPU:
    unknown
    hm...interesting...i never had any issues...but if that's correct i am safer now...i disabled hpet. iest and c1e, and i am between 5-6-7, "14"=max...so that's good...hpet made the huge diffeence though from 54-60-->> 6 is OK...

did you try updating your BIOS, maybe a new option pop-up...or email asus to ask...

4. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Oh I don't checked that for myself, it's one of my old computers, I play games with a better system. But they are users who are in this situation with no option. Yeah they will have to live with it or complaint to manufacturers for BIOS updates.

5. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Probably Catalyst winter versions, AMD want you to save on heating utilities bills.

6. SureFireT1000

SureFireT1000 Member Guru

GPU:
    TRI-FIRE 5970+5870

hahaha :D nice!

7. TheWhateverDude

TheWhateverDude Member

GPU:
    HD5870 1GB@Stock1080p60Hz
    got an asus p6t deluxe v2. i regged just to tell you to try disabling it from Device Manager. ;o that doesnt help my dpc latency either though (~90μs). i also came across a post that said disabling onboard HDAudio disables HPET. didnt test though.

p.s: thanks a lot for the effort you put in your modded drivers and suggestions

8. filipdostal

filipdostal New Member

GPU:
    Asus EAH 5770/1GD5/V2
    Hi , How do I install the AMD Catalyst drivers modded Von 10.10e ..
    You have some kind of simple instructions
    I don't speak English (google translate) :)

9. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Onboard HD Audio is disabled on my mobo, doesn't change and have nothing to do with HPET status. Really it is a case of BIOS updates for concerned products.

10. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Disabling HPET etc. doesn't to jack here, did you guys install an up to date AHCI/ACPI driver?

11. sprower

sprower Master Guru

GPU:
    TriFire5770 9800GT Physx
    Might just be that motherboard. If you ask Asus about disabling HPET on crosshair III/IV they'll tell you to disable ACPI 2.0 as well. Thought it was worth a shot. :)

12. raz0r-s3k

raz0r-s3k Member

GPU:
    5870 Vapor-X
    just a heads-up for people with gigabyte mobos and using their utilities. i've been using gigabyte's easytune6 for quite a long time (to change cpu fan speed mostly) and just now noticed using dpclatency checker that it causes extreme latency spikes (>2000μs). so to anyone using this tool (and maybe other gigabyte software? dunno) i recommend you to test this with dpc latency checker. now i always close the program/kill the process(easytune = GUI.exe) after i've set the wanted fan speed and no more latency spikes -> 7-15μs (hpet ofc disabled)

13. greek_user

greek_user Guest

GPU:
    Ati 4870 1 gb
    hey.
    can i run and benefit from the modded drivers using ATT instead of CCC?

14. ducksauce

ducksauce New Member

GPU:
    MSI R4850-2D512-OC
    Hey Von, I still get that dreaded "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." and I have my GPU at stock... It seems to only rear it's ugly head when I'm streaming online videos instead of while I'm gaming... Any ideas?

15. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Nope no idea, but Google is your friend try it. (In fact Google is your enemy, a tool for zio-CIA to profile people minds and put you on accident-suicide-disease-kill lists if those psychopaths want to, but typing "amdkmdap stopped" aren't risky key words)

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010

16. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Disabling C1E & EIST made visible a overclocking issue I had without knowing it and causing my BC2 fps drops. Now having fixed that, I can reliably say CFX users like single card users too don't need CCC.exe. Second post updated with this:

Remove AMD CCC.exe from automatic startup and/or kill process CCC.exe & MOM.exe before gaming (single card & CrossFireX)

CCC.exe is a DPC hanger, cause of stuttering, you can check that with Resplendence Tools & DPC Latency Checker. Shut down that stuttering DPC latency bitch and her mother (MOM.exe), you will get some additional fps from it. The slower your computer the bigger the increase in responsiveness and stuttering reduction, dual core benefit the most.

Right-click taskbar> Start Task Manager > right-click CCC.exe> End Process> right-click MOM.exe> End Process.

Install AnVir Task Manager to easily untick CCC from startup. CCC can still be opened from right-click on desktop to change settings if needed, just kill the processes again after your changes.

17. GREGIX

GREGIX Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4090 X3
    Doesn't c1e and eist correspond 4 lowering cpu freq when idle/low usage?
    I mean i do like my CPU at speed 3.6ghz while gaming but also at 2ghz while exploring web...

18. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    It's a matter of choice, I prefer the smoothness gaming experience possible and I'm ready to pay $5.00 more electricity cost at the end of the year (I mean 365.25 days later!)...

Last edited: Nov 15, 2010
  19. Touche

Touche Member

GPU:
    ATI 4670 512MB
    Some motherboards, like my Gigabyte EP45-UD3R, don't lower the voltage on overclocked CPU's during idle. Power savings from lower frequency alone are almost non-existent.

If your MB does lower the voltage also, test with those options on/off and see if you see any improvements and then decide.

20. V1tol

V1tol Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1070 Gaming X
    I don't know about Intel, but on AMD we have Cool'n'Quiet technology, which controls the frequency and voltage of the processor. So I disabled CIE, but my processor still capable of lowering it's frequency and voltage.