AMD Catalyst Von modded

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Von Dach, Nov 12, 2010.

1. tiliarou

tiliarou Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 980M
    Problem seems to be solved, I've only tried running the setup.exe and everything is present in this installer (CCC, display driver, wm9 video, drag&drop encoder...)
    Thanks for your fast support !!!

2. Trasher

Trasher Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080
    Not 100% on this but I believe that it's called APCI 2 on asus boards?

3. gollum123

gollum123 New Member

4. Kohlendioxidus

Kohlendioxidus Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Vega 56 Pu
    Well I just tested APP 10.10 with and w/o CAP and still no crossfire support in Vista64 for Fallout NV.:bang:

5. UncleGuito

UncleGuito Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD 4850
    I just got an ATI card and I'm completely new to Catalyst- could someone explain what I need to do with these drivers please? Do I just uninstall old catalyst, clean, reboot, install new ones, or do I have to do further configuration?

6. samappz

samappz Guest

GPU:
    Dual Nvidia 680M SLI
    Von, your version is not installing properly, but I am able to install the driver using device manager method, not setup.exe method. I am unable to update avivo or ccc using your version as well but asder's 10.10e is able to update all using setup.exe. It is located here http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=332429 - but his driver is not modded. I still use your version of the driver but his version for ccc and avivo upgrades.

7. dracis

dracis Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB @ 960/1400
    Just wanted to report back some testing. :)

I guess the game you play is very subjective in addition to using these drivers.

With Darksiders, there's black flickers and stretches (shader bug?) here and there and sometimes terrain would disappear. Tried it with both CAP and Dummy. Will run the official drivers just to make sure it's not a concurrent bug. But as a note, I didn't notice the bug when I was using the official 10.10d.

Borderlands was unplayable without having to use the official CAP. Framerates was in the low teens. With CAP, it stayed at a steady 60fps.

Only problem I have now is that I have to reboot just to play a game when I enable or disable CAP. So I guess I'll leave them enabled for now for the sake of my sanity. :grin:

8. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    NV560Ti @900/2394 ATI4890
    Nah it can't work from setup because the inf by default is still desktop, it's volontary. *** You have to use "ati_****-cleaner and installation v3.6.5.cmd" to install the modded inf and clean your registry first. ***

Thanks for the info, I'll check that.

I don't think so, but try it On and Off with DPC Latency Checker, you will know if this have effect.

Have you run it from "ati_****-cleaner and installation v3.6.5.cmd"? You have too, the modded inf is not installed in the setup folder without it.

Come on guys read the first post + install-[readme].txt... :(

I enforce "ati_****-cleaner and installation v3.6.5.cmd" because without registry cleaning, some old settings from previous drivers stick in the new one.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2010
  9. samappz

samappz Guest

GPU:
    Dual Nvidia 680M SLI
    Yes, I did use the cleaner. For those that did get this full package installed, tell me what version of ccc (control panel) you have installed from the information center screen.

10. dracis

dracis Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5770 1GB @ 960/1400
    Okay, another update.

Installed the official drivers and still got he same issue. Since I'm mainly playing Darksiders at the moment, it's getting to get a bit of a pain in the butt. But I seemed to have fixed it. :p

It was Digsby. If I have it running while I'm playing Darksiders, I get mad artifacts and stuff like I mentioned above. If I exit the program and play again, it's smooth as silk. No stuttering or abnormal glitches. Too bad, since I love the program. :bawl:

I just kind of find it odd that a chat program would do so much as mess up a game. :3eyes:

Last edited: Nov 13, 2010

11. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    I'll do a modded one over Mobility released by asder00. I sent him a message 10 days ago requesting some how-to but never received answer back. :(

It will be online in some hours.

12. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    [ Outdated ]

Last edited: Jan 7, 2011
  13. r0sWell

r0sWell Member

GPU:
    MSI Hawk 5770 @ 1015/1380
    @ Von Dach:

thx a LOT for your modded drivers :)

but i would have a question :

more and more 'Core i3 / i5' laptops use the Core integrated Intel HD graphic unit, in addition of a "real" separated & more powerful GFX card.

but there's one problem, these 'dual graphic cards' laptops can't really use ATI Mobility drivers without losing functionalities (like switchable buttons, graphic profiles like ECO/Gaming/Battery, etc...).

and for AMD/ATI it's clearly written on the download page : dual graphic cards not compatible.

do you think it would be possible to add a "Core i3/i5 dual GFX" modded driver (Intel HD graphics with Catalyst Mobility) ?
    if yes, do you plan to mod and add these, next to your Desktop & 'standard' Mobility builds ?

thx :):):)

14. Von Dach

Von Dach Master Guru

GPU:
    Lol you are overestimating me a lot! I don't even have hardware to test plain simple Mobility. It could probably be done by someone with the hardware, knowledge and motivation. Maybe it's already doable if you install ATI driver from Device Manager, skipping Install Manager setup and CCC.

15. r0sWell

r0sWell Member

GPU:
    MSI Hawk 5770 @ 1015/1380

ok, no problem :)

for now only TwL's 10.10 patch, applied over official drivers, is working good (because it patches already installed Catalyst drivers with newest CCC if i remember correctly).

but i can only suppose it doesn't equal modded drivers.

16. samappz

samappz Guest

GPU:
    Dual Nvidia 680M SLI
    Appreciate your work a LOT Von.

17. [EX3]Cobra_XP

[EX3]Cobra_XP Banned

GPU:
    MSI HD 6870 1Gb Crossfire
    You need to be working at AMD. You are a genius. I tried the 10.10d and loved it. Thank you for all your hard work!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banana:

18. Mejiarma

Mejiarma Member

GPU:
    2xATI HD6950 2Gb xFire
    Just to let you know that the modded driver on 2 x HD4850 X2 in Quad-Fire has no issues and a noticeable improvement vs std ones.

19. nilo

nilo Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SUPRIM X
    10.10e von mod here's

but vantage not working

what am i doing wrong?

[​IMG]

20. syncore

syncore Guest

GPU:
    XFX 6990 4GB + XFX GTS250
    installing this driver was a pain in the ass, but it really is a good driver, thanks for updating it. black ops loves this driver on my pc :)