StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ShadowMyth, Mar 7, 2010.

1. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    I've been re-playing the campaign on Hard and sometimes Brutal difficulty and the odds against you are really hard... :(

2. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    ^ No sh*t, I always play on hard, and in this one that's a real challenge sometimes, when you fail to get teh right units for the mission because of wrong mission order) I wonder if it's that different from Normal setting, though...

3. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Yeah i have noticed the difference between Hard and Brutal. I mean some missions for example (like the junkyard mission on the Terran to collect crates to hire the mercenaries) i have noticed that most units have upgrades added on them and are more in quantity. Not to mention that Blizzard decided to drop into the mix also the units that you hire from the Mercenaries contracts as well in game to make it more difficult. As for the Zerg missions i have noticed the AI is more aggressive and has occasionally larger force and units on map with constant attack.

4. p-nut

p-nut Guest

GPU:
    Diamond 5870
    FULMTL, have you ever played against anyone named hellaHai? I got matched against the exact names I believe twice haha

5. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    dont think so, but I have played against the same person 3 times in a row, not kidding. Its like were the only ones playing at that time. Played one game, I lost; got paired again and I left as soon as it loaded; got paired again, and I won.
    I have run into people already in my friends list in a 1v1 heh.

6. p-nut

p-nut Guest

GPU:
    Diamond 5870
    I did get paired up against a zerg player 3x in a row also. Iunno if you played zerg but yeah. I'm in bronze league for 1v1 so I have no idea if you play zerg or what league you were in.

7. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    Sometimes I go for a few days without playing and sometimes I really do feel like giving up on this game :( I guess I really dont have the intelect to play RTS. I could go Terran all day long and get more wins than losses, but playing as Protoss or Zerg has got me stuck.
    I just started playing 2v2 to mix it up a bit and apparently my army sucks lulz, but we win.

8. deltatux

deltatux Guest

GPU:
    GIGABYTE Radeon R9 280
    /WIN

EDIT: They should just call Marines: "General Purpose Ass Kicker"

deltatux

Last edited: Nov 16, 2010
  9. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    Mothership+mass void rays instantly owned by weaker zerg.

I had a hurr moment when I occasionally stumbled upon this video :thumbup: Just read the description first.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2010
  10. IPlayNaked

IPlayNaked Banned

GPU:
    XFire 7950 1200/1850

11. evilkiller650

evilkiller650 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    A real-life mate convinced me to finally get this so we could play together. It's certainly more enjoyable now that I'm giving it the time to learn.
    About counters, do they directly get a damage boost against what they are 'good' against?

12. PinguX

PinguX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Not a damage boost but units do different damage to different armour types. Example Marines do more damage vs light armour than they do vs heavy armour.

13. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    Marine spam is annoying me :bang:
    As Zerg, should I go for Banelings if they do medicav + marines?

I'm quickly getting better (especially my micromanagement) but I'm still in the Bronze league getting pitted against Silver/Gold players in 2v2 :3eyes: One massive mistake I was making was thinking you needed a Lair to spawn the Queen (only need the Spawning Pool)! :D Opps!

14. PinguX

PinguX Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX580 8GB
    Not sure about zerg as I only play terran, banelings with zerglings should be a good counter to marines, and I think those flying gargoyle/bat thingies counter medivacs. Man I wish I had time to play multiplayer, my friend and I are too busy with work + looking for a new job.

15. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    hydralisks will take down medis faster also i can't believe how quick thors dispatch mutalisks! Is there splash damage or something? I had a couple thors and they just splattered a muta ball like nothing

16. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Recently beat the Campaign i started a month and half ago on hard. Now that was hard to do. Going back to Multi again. Hopefully my skills have not rusted. :(

17. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I had 30+ Mutalisks with level 2 damage and a mix of Hydralisks + range upgrade + level 1 damage and they all got obliterated by a massive marine spam :(

Are marines actually over-powered or is it just a learn 2 play issue? ;)

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  18. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Learn to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68H8FeZHkWg

19. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    What does the magic box have to do with marines?

What he should do is upgrade hydra range and get some infestors, if it's that late in the game.

20. evilkiller650

GPU:
    Zotac 980ti AMP! Extreme
    I'm getting a hang of the game now and my micro/macro is getting much better! :)
    If any fellow beginner wants to team up, gimme a PM! ;)