6870 eyefinity problems

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by pinkpotato1, Nov 4, 2010.

1. pinkpotato1

pinkpotato1 Member Guru

GPU:
    HIS 6870 xfire :D
    Hi
    So i got my minidp to vga adapter today and i managed to get eyefinity working at the resolution i want (3840X1024)
    The only problem is if i change the resolution or add bezel correction (i know its like the same thing) or even boot a game like dirt2 which refeshes the signal the dp monitor gets no signal until i restart.(ive tried replugging the dp to dp socket and ive turned off the monitor and turned it back on and ive unplugged and replugged the monitor none of these work.) So basically i added bezel correction, and the dp screen goes black and has no signal, i restarted and it works fine. I can live with this however with games like dirt2 where it refreshes the signal theres no way to sort it. I dont think the problem is with the adapter as it works at the res i want fine, i think its more of a card issue, what do you think? Driver problem? Bios problem?
    Ill try anything within reason so even if you think your idea is silly please let me know :)

2. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Sounds like a driver issue to me. What driver version are you using?

3. pinkpotato1

pinkpotato1 Member Guru

GPU:
    10.10c

4. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    What driver version comes with the 6870 CD? Have you tried the 10.10 or 10.10b?

5. pinkpotato1

pinkpotato1 Member Guru

GPU:
    Yeah ive tried the original ones on the disk and 10.10b and 10.10c :(

basically its when ever the signal to the dp monitor changes or gets refreshed it just looses it the other 2 dvi monitors fire up but the dp just says no signal. A quicker way i found out to get it back is just put your comp to sleep and turn it on again, much quicker than restarting but still boots the dp screen back up. It must reset the power to the dp port or something, still no luck though. Does anyone know if i can launch dirt2 without it refreshing the signal? Like the black fullscreen just after the logo is when i lose it...

6. LinkDrive

LinkDrive Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Toaster
    Hmm, I'm not really sure of any ways to honestly bypass the refresh. I'm curious if changing the USB port it's plugged into makes any difference, or if it's possible for you to change out the adapter.

From time to time, both my friend and I have to completely unplug and replug our adapters for Eyefinity when we reboot. Sometimes the adapter doesn't seem to fully power up, which causes our drivers to read the monitor's max res as 640x480. We believe the actual culprit to be the adapter itself, though interestingly enough, this doesn't happen to me using the 10.5 drivers. Instead, the adapter just stays fully powered almost all the time, but this causes my powered DVI monitor to go into clone mode during non Eyefinity resolutions in games.