Your first car :D

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by PCboy650, Oct 23, 2010.

1. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I don't see a problem with parents buying their kid's first car.....

It's when they live in government subsidized housing, collect welfare and foodstamps....then turn around and buy their kid a high-dollar luxury car that I get irritated.

Had a friend in school that lived in government subsidized housing, parents collecting foodstamps and welfare, while driving both a BMW and Mercedez....for his 16th birthday they bought him a brand new Lexus GS300. They sold for over $30,000USD brand new....

2. mechazawa

mechazawa Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1070 SSC
    2003 VW GTI VR6
    First and current car.....

[​IMG]

3. PCboy650

PCboy650 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SLI
    I see by your picture in the background that a lot of Americans like driving Bakkies

4. MoosePower

MoosePower Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    First car still my daily driver.
    1988 Honda Prelude SI 4WS
    Currently has a modest 215k miles and many more to go. :)

[​IMG]

5. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    Don't take me wrong- I love lowered cars but.. I feel sorry for your undercarriage. Why so damn low? At least get some wheel spacers... :puke2:

6. Captain Oats

Captain Oats Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte gtx760 2gb
    My first self-bought ride is::devil:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry for the dust, but I haven't been to a car-wash lately:infinity:

7. -Ruin-

-Ruin- Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 1060 6GB
    What are Bakkies?

and mechazawa, why in the world would you lower that VW like that? It looks ridiculous! Great looking car WITHOUT that!

8. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
  9. PCboy650

PCboy650 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SLI
    Lmao!! Im so sorry. I forgot you guys are American. Here in South Africa we call Pick up trucks a bakkie (pronounced: Buck-ee)

10. PCboy650

PCboy650 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 SLI
    And i also notice they are mostly Chevrolet's or Dodge's whereas we here in South Africa drive Fords, Izuzu's and Mazda "Pick up trucks"

11. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    you (you or the one who did :p) shouldnt lower cars :bang:

you are risking walking people. if you "catch" some1 with a normal car, they tend to break legs, but lowered cars can kill people easier or make another unexpected effect. Height its not only because of how pretty it is >_<.

About the bakkies thing... well... they can be usefull, and idk if americans use them to carry things, but here in europe i hate people which buys monster cars (road 4x4 car) and after that take both ways of a road and kick you outside of it. The other day i was behind a 2010's BMW X5 4x4 in a road full of corners and the stupid was going fast so i couldnt overtake him (limited at 90km/h road and he was going like at 130km/h on overtaking zones and then 100km/h...). He almost crashed with other guy because of going too fast with that crap 4x4 and he couldnt take a corner correctly @@. The worse point of this, is that the worst part of the accident would have gone to the other guy... In addition when i finally got to a long overtake zone i had to go from 90km/h upto 160km/h bcs the guy wouldnt stop accelerating even while being overtaken... (illegal @_@). <-- And the guy its +40 years old... kids with parent cars ftw?.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  12. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    I thought I got rid of you the last time you brought this up, so please stop trolling it. my policy is that if some idiot steps in front of my car without looking, and I hit them its not my fault. I usually pay most attention to peds in crowded areas and don't speed around like a dumb****.
    If you really think its dangerous why should I care? I live in america, where I should be able to do what I wish to my car without being arrested for it. (Save some street driving laws which keeps most idiots from being more idiots...)

height is not just for looks, I picked up around 15-20% better cornering by lowering the front. ;)

In fact the whole reason I cut the springs was for the increased spring rate fir autocross, and I also replaced the shocks.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  13. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I believe that red truck in the picture is actually a Ford Ranger....though I could be wrong.

Edit: After further examination, it appears to be a Ford Ranger with the "Edge" option package....but, I could still be wrong.

I understand the original concept behind a lowered vehicle, which works great when done properly with the proper vehicle type. Lowering a Chevrolet Caprice Classic or big body Chevy Impala SS.....or Mercury Grand Marquis/Ford Crown Victoria....those, make no sense what so ever...

14. mechazawa

mechazawa Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 1070 SSC
    I guess VWs + air ride isn't for everyone...haha. I don't drive that low, my oilpan and axles would hate me. oh and 10mm spacers on the front and 20mm out back....but they are just stock wheels.....over the winter time i should be able to pick up a set of quality 3pc wheels.....

edit: MM10x.....i just saw your datsun in the other car thread....and i am jealous..haha........ive wanted a 510 for a very long time. Hopefully ill be able to find one, then proceed to throw in an SR...hopefully yours overtime will turn out like this one.....but then again this one is extremely low, which you dont like.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  15. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    Ahh w/e. I just cant stand lowering it THAT much, it actually hurts the handling. I've got this thing for corners...

And just for your info, that is a 74 Datsun 710, and I love the look of that one! :D

Mine is going to be very low, but not so low that it will hurt handling. Probably will have less than 1 inch of wheel gap when I'm done with the coilovers and engine install. :nerd:

Going to be epic taking a wagoon down to autocross.

16. G-Man

G-Man Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GTS 640MB
    My first car was a 1991 bmw e36 318i on 'sport suspension'. slow as balls, but i went to school in the hills and got to carve it up like everyday - handling was amazing. Bought it when i was 16, after working every weekend since i was 9yrs old at slave labor rates (for my dad, all good). has spent the past year sitting in the driveway after i blew the head - all fixed up now but i got some more stuff i want to do before i drive it again.

17. Rillipiru

Rillipiru Master Guru

GPU:
    660 ti 2GB
    [​IMG]

I think the funmobile was 1985 model, like it matter something...

18. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    My first car was a 1984 Mustang GLX v6

19. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    me trolling?

some idiot steps in your car without looking LOL.

Okay mr. perfect driver that will be always 100% looking at road and in perfect conditions where he can see everything, and thinks that people who got killed/injuried in that situation like to get broken legs/they are suicides finding an original way to die.

If you are driving and you hit some1 walking. Unless he jumped intentionally or in a impossible distance to brake. You should evade it, or its your fault, after all you are the driver. ALWAYS. Even if the zone was a only-cars one. You are responsible of everything your car makes if you could make something to avoid it.
    I didnt read your answer last time i did it so... lol. But yeah, now i understand why many people die in that situation with "drivers" like you around.

You wont get arrested by lowering. Neither ill do in america if you call to my door and i shoot at you, but its a good action? yeah.... Lowering a bit could be fine, altho not IMO, but those lowerings i see by some people... they think they r @ 80's F1 car or what.

I guess you did a stadistical measure of your cornering before and after lowering. But seriously, what kind of idiot takes a corner risking his life with a low maneuverability margin with an "everyday-car"?. Good luck around lol. Luckily you dont live near me. I dont want to find you taking my part of the road (on big roads i can take "corners" at 160-200km/h easily (doesnt mean i do, spain limit = 120, real drivers limit = 150) with a non-lowered car so...)
    The real fact, is that with lowered car you receive a "better feeling", but there are so many factors that can make it only a feeling, i mean, the REAL dynamics @ the car are worse, depends of how you did the lowering, and which car and etc etc etc. Rally cars mod much more than lowering car to compensate. But people just lowers and good luck with the rest of the car.

Engenieers who design cars > You (and me). Discussion end.

Carlos sainz/Sebastian loeb etc etc are great. But wannabes please keep outside of roads (and this said by a 21years old guy driving his first car @140hp TDI which accelerates really nice and im always overtaking because of the road i usually travel "forcing" me to do, but there is a no-cross line where you risk other drivers, if you want to suicide, do it alone).

PD: In america you can also obtain driving licenses @ lottery?, i thought it only applied to spain...

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  20. MM10X

MM10X Guest

GPU:
    3080 FE
    You are a retarded troll.

I completely acknowledged your point and have seen your argument to be ****ing invalid.

OH MY GOD, ITS SOOO UNSAFE TO BE LOWW !! !OMG!!! !!!!

[​IMG]

seriously, **** you. ;) Obviously have very little understanding of car tuning and handling.

If retards are going to step out in front of my car without looking, thats not my fault. As I already said my my previous post I don't speed around like an idiot in crowded areas. Obviously you cannot understand this coming from some country with crap driving regulations.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010