Volt question

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by Virtue, Nov 3, 2010.

1. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    I just measured the volts on the gpu with a multimeter and got these results:
    idle 0.880
    stock 1.043

then I would OC by +100 mV and press apply, it reads about ~1.152 (last decimals jump a bit)

however when running furmark, it goes up to ~1.260

my question is, how comes furmark adds another +100 mV? is this normal?

on a site note, i did not check "force constant voltage" in the settings. should this be checked?

Last edited: Nov 3, 2010
  2. 1keith1

1keith1 Member

GPU:
    GTX 460 Hawk 1GB
    AFAIK the voltage measurements almost always read too high. As long as you can see that voltage has increased over what it was at stock, that should let you know your voltage is being increased and should be enough.

3. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    Well I know it works, it did read higher after all, that's not the issue. It's just that extra +100 mV from running furmark seems weird. I thought voltage would be locked to what you set you set it to, so normally on Apply for finding out what the right value was.

If anyone can enlighten me why it reads higher when running Furmark, that would be great. However then, is that to be considered the true OC voltage (@load)? Pretty confusing...

A side question, what would be considered the danger zone volt-wise for the gtx 460 msi hawk? or does that depend on temps mainly? if so, I guess running over 80c probably isn't a good idea gaming wise

Last edited: Nov 4, 2010
  4. Virtue

Virtue Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 WF3
    Halp