40.72 drivers or any other problems Read this first.

Discussion in 'Links' started by Martys Web, Nov 21, 2002.

1. SSJ Trunks

SSJ Trunks Guest

Cant go back to the 30.82's, after ive unistalled the 40.72's and try and reinstall the 30.82's, it gets to the end of the installation and the screen goes black with funny little lines mafe of different coloured dots ,its quite strange! and i dont think there's nowt i can do about it! :(

2. Player

Player Guest

Well I just don't know...I get best performance and stability with 42.01. so I don't think I'll go back to the 30.82... :(

3. god4sure

god4sure Elite Trini Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX / X300
    DirectX 9

Ok, I was running the 40.72 drivers on directx 8.1 are they worked wonderfully. System is a P4 2.8 GHz, 1 GB ddr ram, Asus P4B533-E board, Creative SB live Platinum, and Visiontek Geforce 3 Ti 500 Video Card and XP Pro SP 1. I foolishly upgraded (downgraded) to directx 9 and now my games are in a mess. They have moved from glitching to totally freezing. After trying everything, I formatted the drive and installed directx 8.1. I still have the same problem with all the drivers, even though I must say that the 30.82 worked the best. So I'm back to directX 9 and the 30.82 drivers but the games are still crashing. Anu suggestions? Is there any tool to actually test the video card to ensure it hasn't gone bad?

4. god4sure

GPU:
    Resetted CMOS

As strange as it sounds, I just decided to reset my cmos and my system runs as good as new. Pretty weird. I can't imagine what program could have done that

5. Martys Web

Martys Web Don Santino Corleone

GPU:
    XFX 7600gt
    You had a bios setting tweeked to high it sounds like.

6. god4sure

GPU:
    Problem Solved

Well, I found the sorce of all my glitching problems. It seems my gpu fan was failing. So I put in a replacement fan (still locking for an original) and everything was back to normal. Thanks to all of you who tried to help me.

TIP: Make sure you guys clean you system regularly...dust is a hell of a thing and can do alot of damage.

7. bigmaxy

bigmaxy Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 285
    HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP

I must have tried a millions combos of dets or maufacturer's drivers etc. Still getting NOTHING in D3D mode. 2D mode is fine.

Spinning cube test in dxdiag doesn't work

3DMark won't run.

Current setup:
    XP Home (reinstalled for the zillionth time on clean partition)
    DX8.1
    Leadtek 4201 drivers
    (always done in that order...)

CPU temp after 2 hours = 47C

-----------------
    Athlon 1600XP
    512 DDR
    Gigabyte G7VTXE mobo
    Via 4.43's
    Leadtek A250 TD ti4400
    40gb seagate + 60gb Maxtor
    DVD + CDRW
    17" Hansol
    550watt PSU

8. Martys Web

GPU:
    XFX 7600gt
    Then your video card must be defective.

9. IM0001

IM0001 Guest

GPU:
    PNY 780 GTX
    Bad thing.

3Dmark03 doesnt wirk right with anything lower than the 40.XX's and thats a bad thing for me. The dang 40's sucks my framerate out the window and u can see my post in Videocards-Nvidia about my studder problem thats even worse with the 40's.
    Anyone know of any 30's that run the demo properly? (after the dogfight it wont show the next battle in anything except a color screen not graphics, shapes, just a color screen. and before the dogfight the Futuremark logo thing. Well also only color with 2 textures . The little nova looking flash texture and the (C) text below where the logo supposed to show up in the clouds. Its also just color screen again not a cloudy looking background.

IM0001

10. Junk

Junk Guest

3D Mark 03 just plain sucks. I run the 30.82's with my Ti4200 and all the eye candy cranked up, and my frame rates are perfectly playable. I've forced Quincunx AA and 8x AF with Riva Tuner also, and the games look just as good as any other driver I've found. To top it off, they're significantly more stable too..

11. IM0001

IM0001 Guest

GPU:
    PNY 780 GTX
    Aww nuts..

Now i found out why my comp has been reboting on me out of nowhere while im gone. WHen i leave it alone it reboots due to the drivers getting stuck in an infinite loop. now im forced into the 40's and i hate em.:mad: :(

Im0001

12. dave7334

dave7334 Guest

Where can i get a copy of this 30.82 driver

13. Online Racer

Online Racer Member

GPU:
    Geforce 4 TI4200/128 , OC 280/530
    Thanks for the info Marty .. Just did and low and behold over 100 FPS in nascar 2003 with a MX 420 ! LOL I guess that little card aint so bad after all .

14. Medi8

Medi8 Guest

WTF

It is amazing how many ppl come to this forum read the answer (usually ignore) & repeat the same bloody question.

PPL, the expert said 30.82 & he means it dammit. Forget other driver. Save your sysatems.

Well Im off to get the 30.82 driver

15. Hank Scorpio

Hank Scorpio Guest

made a thread about this, 30.82 dont seem to help me out much

16. gregored

gregored Guest

I would like very much to try this, but how do I get past the error "no pci id found in nvaml.inf? I have the Gfforce 4 TI 4200, from PNY, on Windows 98, AGP card. Or does this apply in my circumstance?

thanks

17. Martys Web

GPU:
    XFX 7600gt
    I just updated this and have posted the next stable driver and it's the 44.03's they are even better then the 30.82's. And by that I mean not only faster but better all the way around. I have been running them for months on not only my ysytems, but other peoples to. 100% bug free and I have yet to find a game that does not like them.

18. Spriggan

Spriggan Guest

I seen the post and thought about what he said about loading original manfacturers bios ....i did that and i also updated my bios thru gainwards bios updater thingy (gigabyte ultility manger)...i thought that was what i supposed to do (OmG)...ok listen i have dual bios and if i messed them up is my mobo crap now? lol
    i a newb and i'm loading and unloading stuff left and right just hoping for a cure......and i'm not even sure what area to look i get this message sometimes:

STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER
    -or-
    STOP: 0x100000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M

going thru every driver now still...sometimes i get a whole day without lock up ..but it's everyday...i posted in another section nividia denators then i saw this and started blabbing ....
    so tired working on this when i'm a daily cs player gggggrrrrrr

19. raygun

raygun Member

GPU:
    LeadTek GF2 64MB 5.5ns DDR
    I concur, 40.72's are best for my system too. I recently tried the 45.23's but experienced IEXPLORE invalid page faults in module OLEAUT32.dll, predominantly at Guru3D web-site (and none other), but many times the same error type of error (same module, same address) would occur frequently at boot time, and intermittently during normal system usage. Research on the web concerning this problem invariably referenced outdated OLEx.dll's, but since I'm patched to the most recent version: 2.40.4515 as a result of Office2000 SP updates (which is the predominant mechanism whereby OLEx.dll's are upgraded). Research also suggested VB runtime modules being implicated (the secondary means whereby these DLL's are upgraded). I almost came to the conclusion that the upgraded OLE DLL's were incompatible with my IE v5.01 browser and was contemplating reverting to an EARLIER version of the OLEx DLL's, but after reading that the 45.23's had some significant issues, I tried reverting back to 40.72 and see if the video drivers might be at fault somehow. Whoah, talk about a cluster coitus, it was a most grievous flat spot on the head creating time trying to get the 45.23's OUT of my system (the wall not any worse for wear and tear). Well, they are OUT, and the RT 2.0 RC12.4 patched 40.72's are BACK IN. Praise GOD for small miracles.

Now, I'm going to try the 44.03's and see how they work out (I'll extend and revise my comments when appropriate). They will either work or not (kinda obvious actually :rolleyes: ), and if not I will continue using the 40.72's. I feel that I'm at the pinnacle of upgrading for this system and the sweetspot has been ascertained. That is, until I upgrade the video card, mobo, RAM and/or operating system. Of course THEN it'll be a whole new ballgame :cool:

FYI my 3DMark2001's: 2985 with the 40.72's @230/394

[edit] Woops (my bad), drivers weren't patched. RT RC12.4 D3D & OGL Aniso, & LOD patched benchmark: 2740 @230/390.7 (Vsync OFF, applic'tn specified texture filtering, LOD -2.0) w/heavy stuttering

2658 @230/394 (aggressive texture filtering, Vsync ON) smooth as silk, with only a few graphical aberations (mem slightly too high)

I know that don't compare to the bleeding edge hardware that's available right now (12000+ 3DMarks :cool: ), but I mention it as a reference for those with a comparable system. And those results with appropriate RT patches applied, 1024x768x16, triple-bufferd, no FSAA (FSAA forced in RT @1x2), -3.0 mipLODbias, DDBLT_WAIT flag, maximum queued blits limited to frame buffer, VSynch OFF, pre-render limit 14, 128MB graphics aperture size, aggressive texture filtering prefernces, anistotropy determined by application, AGP 2x, FW and SBA enabled (BIOS v3.15.01.02 editted for SBA). According to SciSoft SANDRA, my SDRAM yields 368MB/s so I fail to see the point of struggling to enable AGP 4x (doable, but based on memory throughput, an exercise in futility). And them's the facts until I upgrade the system to utilize some PC2700 DDR RAM or something.

[EDIT] Found that Vsync OFF results in significant stuttering. Needed to run with it ON at the sacrifice of about 50 or so 3DMarks.

v44.03 2573@230/390 LOD -3.0, VSynch OFF (w/stuttering)
    v44.03 2649@230/390 LOD -2.0, Vsync ON, aggressive tex filtering
    v44.03 2635@229/390 LOD -2.0, Vsync ON, aggressive tex filtering
    v40.52 2654@230/393 LOD -2.0, Vsync ON, aggressive tex filtering (no graphical aberations)
    v28.90 2696@230/393 LOD -2.0, Vsync ON, applic spec'fd tex filtering (only option available) - patched additionally w/ RTPatch patch (no graphical aberations).

Last edited: Sep 5, 2003
  20. Vilehand

Vilehand Guest

Damn straight Martys!!
    Those 44.03 's rule !!!
    Just tried 'em on Homeworld 2 demo, and Angel of darkness ----got a nice performance increase (compared to the 45.23's).!! :)
    Direct X 9 games run much faster with 44.03's.
    Never seen such performance with any other newer versions.
    These are the best --- try 'em ppl ---you won't regret it !!

-------------------

Dual MP 2600 +
    Tyan Thunder K7X Pro(S2469) motherboard
    2 Gb PC2100 DDR
    Adaptec dual-channel Ultra320 SCSI controller
    73 Gb Ultra320 SCSI 15000 rpm
    Creative GeForce FX 5900 Ultra
    Sb Audigy 2 latinum Ex
    Sony 16x DVD
    NEC CD-R/W 48/24/48 (NR 9300A)