Game purchases you regret.

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by F1refly, Oct 31, 2010.

1. ProfBP

ProfBP Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX
    The Force Unleashed - Repetitive gameplay, Clunky controls and a let down story.
    The Force Unleashed 2 - Repetitive gameplay, way to dang short (8-10 hours?!), and a lack luster story. I thought it was getting good right at the end, but then the engine died.

(My book says Lusca Arts' good game streak died with X-wing Alliance.)

Far Cry 2

Fallout

2. HandyAndy

HandyAndy Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 SOC
    Mafia 2.

The city is awesome, but there is no reason to explore it and all you do is drive through small bits of it for missions.

Great City, but not enough to do in it!!

3. Incognito5000

Incognito5000 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290
    Had a hunch after playing the demo that the game would be like that. Kept me from purchasing it and still happy to this day.

As for Unreal Tournament 3...ugh...idk. The MP was fun but something almost intangible was missing from it that kept it from being the successor to UT2k4. Long live UT2k4 (and UT99).

4. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Far Cry 2. No variation at all, so repetitive to death. And the enemy respond my god so **** decision by Ubisoft. I would prefer if they create a linear game with this beutiffull engine and not this open repetitive world.

Also operation flash point Dragon Rising. I played it for 4 hours and then I delete it and continue to play Arma 2.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010

5. ])rStrangelove

])rStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    Mafia2 (the city is a lie)
    OPF: DR (shouldve known better)
    TwoWorlds (the zoomed FOV gives me headaches)
    Gothic3 (button mashing & hope for the best)
    Fallout3 (grey rocks. and more rocks. and rusty pipes. yay. and i need a computer to tell me whether i hit something or not.)
    TFU pc (cheap sale, but still .... should've known better. DL 30GB was fun)
    <agent RPG from obsidian> (cant even remember the name, or maybe i dont want to)
    SW KOTOR (zzZzzzz.... boring)
    Doom3 (triggers and teleport spawns. same old 90's gameplay :p )

6. NobleKnight51

NobleKnight51 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB PCI-E
    Enchanted Arms - Terrible game. I gave it a fair chance though. Just a terrible story, bad gameplay mechanics, and the most annoying characters you will ever see.
    Spy Hunter 2 - Buggy as hell. Maybe was because its a xbox game and I was running it on a 360.. It wasn't what I remembered Spy Hunter 1 to be either. The first seemd 'cooler'? o_O
    Crackdown 2 - Just a rebadged Crackdown. Finished the game in < 1 weeks. Multiplayer is also incredibly hard, because your character is a living breathing aimbot. Becomes more of a latency performance and reaction time performance when you play.
    Fable 3 - It was released a few days ago, and I put 24 hours into it, and its beaten. No motivation to progress, just like the other 2. Not sure what multiplayer is like, seems risky to invite someone to my world I dont know considering they can do whatever they want.
    Guitar Hero ???? - Fun at first. Was fun to compete with friends. But the life has been sucked out of it because of so many releases

On a different note: games I still enjoyed long after I bought them:
    EVE - Best MMORPG IMO.
    StarCraft 1 & 2 - User Made Maps make these games great. Starcraft is 15 years old. I was playing it a few months ago before 2 was released.
    WarCraft 3 Frozen Throne - Same story as SC
    UT2004 - User made content kept this game going for me too. Stopped playing after a few years. Competetiveness got to me. UT2004 is also a breed in its own, its game is so fast, its can be hard to keep up.
    Halo 3 - OK FPS shooter. Picked it up after UT2004 as a casual shooter. Pretty much the same gameplay, but easier to shoot people and have fun.
    Final Fantasy X - Hurray for a story that you wanted to finish, and personality within your characters!
    Kingdom Hearx - Who doesn't appreciate this series? Cant believe I cant play 3.
    Mass Effect - Good action shooter RPG (is that what it is?)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Am I the only one here that does not regret like 90% of my game purchases?

I loved Far Cry 2 (that engine is awesome!), the game was ok, gameplay was good but too much driving and poor use of colour. But overall, it was ok.

L4D2?!!! What are you guys saying? This game is awesome! The first one had a dark murky undertone and great tense atmosphere. Then the second does not take it self too seriously and just goes for the plain old thing called fun. Its a great little game. As is the first game too.

However, I DO REGRET buying Fallout 3. Its an ok game, but man, I just could not get into that game. Tried a few times but could not get into the story, or the gameplay. However I have brought New Vegas and its excellent. You actually get into the game quicker, get better guns faster, more caps faster, and the scope of the game is just huge!

I also regret buying BlackLight: Tango Down. When I first saw it I thought, oh great this looks awesome an online fps game for £15 with 15 maps, a horde mode, and excellent unlockables too. What could go wrong... well a lot really. The game has bad gameplay, terrible graphics, and worst of all P2P servers!!!!

8. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    No. You only see the bad games in here. If i'd post all games i didnt regret buying since Doom3 they would ban me for spamming.

9. NobleKnight51

NobleKnight51 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB PCI-E
    You didn't like KOTOR? -gasp- Thats one of my favorite action RPG's. 2nd one wasn't as good as the first, though.

10. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

I demand you remove that avatar right now, you poor excuse for a SW fan!

:p

Haha, just kidding. But seriously, how can you dislike that game? Did you actually play it? The story is one of the best I've ever encountered...anywhere. It's generally heralded as one of the best SW games, and one of the best RPGs of all time...and for once I agree with what the masses are saying - I'm a CoD hater, for instance.

To be honest, your game listing of that is the only one I've seen on all of the pages of this thread that's really made me think "WHAT?" I was a little shocked by those who didn't like ME/ME2, but I can understand that. KotOR I cannot.

No offense intended...just absolutely blown away.

- PR-0927

11. ])rStrangelove

GPU:
    EVGA GTX780 SC ACX 3GB
    I'm a bit puzzled myself seeing what reputation KOTOR has, but im sorry i just couldnt get into it. I guess its the gameplay system used in KOTOR and MassEffect, feels terribly boring to me.

I enjoyed Oblivion though.

12. PR-0927

PR-0927 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GeForce GTX 680 SC+

Eh, blasphemy, I say!

:p

Actually I'm not a fan of RPGs myself, at all. KotOR and ME/ME2 are the only exceptions to this - I fell in love with them. Oblivion and all other RPGs like it are a major turn-off to me.

- PR-0927

13. p0ppa

p0ppa Guest

GPU:
    Strix 3080 OC
    mafia 2
    enter the matrix
    left 4 dead 2

14. Trolle

Trolle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    stalker is 1 of the only games i really regret buying

15. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060 12gb
    Blacksite Area 51- This is the worst game I ever bought. Worst use of the UT3 engine I've seen and a boring, stupid, by the rails game.

16. charliehamster

charliehamster Guest

GPU:
    PNY GTX-1070
    I regret buying about 95% of Wii games :)

17. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Painkiller Resurrection

18. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Which fallout? The first one?
    If yes: blasphemy.

19. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    Medal of Honor
    Modern Warfare 2

20. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    MW2
    Alone in the Dark
    Far Cry 2
    Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust

I know there are more but these are the only ones that pop in my head right away.