Graphical Bug in Windows Live Essentials 2011 when D3D Overrider is active

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by Ren7on, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Ren7on

Ren7on New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX460 1GB
    When WLE2011 installs trought Windows Update it was impossible to use it. You can see why in the video. In my two PCs and the Notebooks the same issue repeats itself. When I started to find what the heck was it I found that Messenger 2011 uses Direct3D for graphically accelerate the GUI. After that I nail the problem. Had tocreate a profile in the D3D Overrider so the VSync and Tripple Buffer stays OFF with msnmsgr.exe.

Here's the video that shows the problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_9FjDGSO0w

And the temporal solution...:banana:

[​IMG]

PS: I use D3DO in all the machines because they're all gaming rigs and I freaking hate jittering.

2. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    So thats what whats causing it, thanks. Never thought that it would do this. It not only does it in the new messenger it basically does it in every game launcher I have too. Thanks now i know how to fix it. Cheers dude.

3. Ren7on

Ren7on New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX460 1GB
    I dont had troubles with other launchers but it might be pssible.

4. Brama

Brama Guest

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 2080ti
    I have the same issue!
    Thanks having understood the cause.
    This afternoon I will insert the exclusion in d3doverrider.

5. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    i had same problem...thanks

same problem with movie maker and some installers, disabling the program fixed issue