RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by japamd, May 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    That changes things a bit. Does that happen after running RadeonPro for several hours or might happen anytime?

2. upurz2

upurz2 Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7970 3GB OC Ed
    Now that someone else has this problem let me join the club. I've had the same symptoms. Resets, BSOD's. For this reason I haven't been able to use RP. Every now and then I'll startup RP to see if I still have these problems and sure enough something bad happens.

3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I had about 3 or 4 BSOD while using the 10.10 BETA while gaming or just browsing the web, which made me go back to 10.9a, but even after switching back versions I had 2 BSODs, and all of same cause (Driver stop responding and could not recover).

Then I tried to run LinX and the computer restarted in the middle of the second pass, tried again and it restarted on first pass! In my case it was the PSU full of dust (thus overheating I guess), after cleaning it everything seems to be ok again.

For you and Cave Waverrider the culprit seems to be RadeonPro or something else is conflicting when it is running, if you can make the errors reproducible rest assured I'll do my best to have them fixed. :)

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
  4. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    Another ask for help xD!.

I need to disable a device on launch and enable after launch.

Problem: Devcon (command line utility) its 64bits. And wont work on 32bits (neither 32bits devcon will work on 64bits). Radeonpro its 32bits and "childs" seem to be 32bits too. So:

Run( "C:\\Windows\\System32\\devcon.exe", "disable HID_DEVICE_SYSTEM_MOUSE")

Its not working. Any ideas/workaround? xP. (if i start it via a .bat file, also does the same)

Yeah im doing strange lazy-ass things.

EDIT: Fixed, moved 64bits devcon to my working directory. Also works if you use absolute path xP

PD: Some1 knows how to start cmd on hidden mode? =). (edit... solved too, using hstart.exe) My questions rule eh xD, auto-answered >-<.

PD2: Possible bug? When you write º (error :p) in the script textarea it will go read-only until you define a predefined preset or remove profile

5. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Same problem with D3DOverrider.

6. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    I usually dust out the whole computer including the PSU every 2-3 weeks. I just did so again just to be sure. There was some dust there, but it was rather minor.

Alright. I haven't been able to really reproduce it. It still appears rather random to me, but it happens after a long time of the computer being up (and RadeonPro running for a long time as well). The time it takes to crash varies. The BSOD always gives the same message, though. It's STOP 0x00000101 (...), I just turned off automatic restart on BSODs so I'll give more details on it when it happens again.

It happened to me on the following occasions:
    - Playing Star Wars Galaxies for several hours with RadeonPro enabled
    - Loading several Youtube videos in Firefox at once like 10 or more while RadeonPro is running (this usually causes the display driver to reset and no BSOD, but caused a BSOD at times).
    - One time the BSOD happened after starting a new game in ArcaniA - Gothic 4.

During all these incidents the computer including RadeonPro were up for many hours, I haven't noticed it shortly after a fresh boot.

That information probably isn't of much use, however.

7. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    I had that with the beta too, but not with 10.10a

8. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    I never had those issues, but i never force vsync/triple buffer. So if that helps... and i dont use screenshot/benchmark things.

Also i dont use driver compatibility. Single card no problems so no need to :p. Only used 1st day for test

I use everything else i think

9. Mejiarma

Mejiarma Member

GPU:
    2xATI HD6950 2Gb xFire
    Same here... Never had or have BSoD issues... I do not use driver compatiblity on my games therefore have no need to copy / use old ATI drivers on any games I play... I do have VSync / Tripple Buffering enabled on D3D... AA Application, CFAA, TAA 2x and optimizations checked for Anisotropic and Trilinear... Still running 10.9 HotFix... RP RC1.1.10.3 with auto run at StartUp... Old bad boy OS Vista x64... In case this info helps...

10. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I'll try to reproduce it, thanks!

So it's a game issue. Thanks for reporting.

STOP 0x00000101 is often related to overclocking (although I think you already did), did you ran some stability test to see if your overclocking settings are 100% stable?

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    What's coming next

- Fixed: working directory is now used when Play is selected from profiles list context menu
    - Fixed: screenshot function not working on some games (e.g. HAWX DX10, HAWX DX11, World of Warcraft DX11)
    - Fixed: character textures do not load in World of Warcraft when using DX11
    - New: Support for Morphological Filtering (MLAA) and other Catalyst 10.10a features (HD 5000/HD 6000 only)
    - Changed: Driver compatibility DLL files are always copied when selected
    -- Skins updates
    --- ATI Ruby (both)
    ---- Fixed: list drawing bugs

12. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Great!
    Also what about the New Catalyst A.I ?
    Will this be changed?

Texture Filtering Quality: Performance/Quality/High Quality
    [Enable/Disable] Surface Format Optimization

P.S.
    Will it be possible to set AA to Off and use just MLAA?
    Because now it's only possible if you have AA options in game.
    CCC has only 2xAA as the lowest level. No Off :(

Last edited: Oct 26, 2010
  13. Cave Waverider

Cave Waverider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4090 TUF
    Yeah, I thought at first that it may be my CPU giving in to the strain of running at 4GHz for years. But I can run Prime95 64bit for days without issues and also some other tests like OCCT and some demanding graphics stability tests (although I didn't have RadeonPro enabled at the time...something to try, I guess). The CPU is the only thing in my PC that's overclocked. But the crashes also happened when running the CPU at stock speeds, so I'm confident it's not an overclocking issue.

I have to say that the issue doesn't appear on my laptop, however, which has mobility 4870 cards. So it could very well be a hardware issue on the desktop still.

I'm very much looking forward to giving this version a whirl. :)

14. Konrad321

Konrad321 Banned

It is possible! Use AA application controlled and enable MLAA. In case the game has an ingame AA option, turn AA off. Now you have AA disabled with only MLAA enabled.

15. MerolaC

MerolaC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AsRock RX 6700XT
    Can't wait for the new update! :D

Thanks Jap!!!

16. zeroeden

zeroeden Member

GPU:
    HD5850 / XFX Black ed.
    well let me join the fun too:) i have been following this thread for some time and have been using your tool since its early builds so i may aswell thank you for your hard work. Using your tool has really made using an ati card something amazing you greatly improve user experience enabling profiles and such things so.... thumbs up X 100 for you sir :) .
    i am eagerly waiting for the new version:):)

17. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    But that is exactly what I said. The thing is for some reason "application control" and MLAA kills Triple Buffering.
    Have no idea why it would do that but it does.
    Would be nice to just force AA Off in RadeonPro and not depend on the application.
    Some games don't even have AA options.

18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Catalyst AI will be kept until I can figure out if it's needed or not with the new catalyst schema.

That's how it's going to look

[​IMG]

Morphological Filtering will be inside Anti-Aliasing settings.

It might be possible to force AA off at device creation time AA just zeroing sample count settings passed by the game engine to the graphics API, let me make some tests to see what happens if it's done that way.

You can try memtest86+ too, just in case there's a problem with one of your memory sticks.

You're welcome :)

I'm glad you like it :)

19. zeroeden

zeroeden Member

GPU:
    HD5850 / XFX Black ed.
    mmm... are you sure this is not an issue on your end? i mean i actually use triple buffering for a good number of titles and it seems to be playing along nicely...

which games or apps are actually giving you this problem? i will try to replicate the issue if i have the game or a demo is available...

@japamd

are you going to scrap narrow and wide tent aa ? not that i use them anyway i just want to know beacause they will be droped out soon completely from the drivers.

20. FDisk

FDisk Guest

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX970 OC 4GB
    Darksiders or BLUR for example, but any game should do it.
    If I set Application Control AA + MLAA + Force V-Sync + Force Triple Buffering. Then Triple Buffering does not work. Games get capped at 60fps so V-sync still works but drop directly to 30fps even if it can render 59fps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.