CoD: Black ops leaked already

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Mkilbride, Oct 19, 2010.

1. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    not as easy?

ps3 chips are flying on my university already like candy by the guys who play only offline and dont go online/use pc for online. (i dont have ps3 nor im interested, if not i wud have it too xD)

2. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Also you don't even need to mod a X360 to play pirated games.

You can use a program + external HDD(and who doesn't have one of those?)

3. [ R ]

[ R ] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GTX+ Quad Pipe
    my friend has his hands on the game he says it blows MW 2 out of the water =O in SP story i am finding it hard to believe but he is in the same state where the games did get stolen so its possible he may have bought it =/

4. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Me actually, never had the need for one.

Now your just tempting me to be a dirty big thief, but th new MMA game is tempting:wanker:

5. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    even if you can do it wo modding the thing, your still looking at getting an external hd or burning the thing to a disk with the proper settings and then you must have a mod chip installed in xbox 360 to get them to work if your burning, ps3 no clue how that one works dongle usb thing is all i know of that whole process, but some ps3 games can be something in like the 20-40 gig range size wise, and you still have to buy the usb dongle and i am willing to bet that sony manages to defeat that whole dongle thing given some time even tho their previous efforts seem to get defeated soon as they come out. but many new sony game force you to update to play them so we see how that cat and mouse game plays out.

but what do we have to do on pc dl it mount it with a virtual drive, or just straight up burn it to dvd, install it, copy a crack or a few files and boom gaming. not much thought or effort required if you can read a txt file or nfo file you can pirate on a pc.

the external xbox thing is new to me, tho i dont follow that scene closely, still i dont have an external drive since my internals do me fine. tho external drives are much cheaper now days than they used to be. still think it is a stretch to say everyone has one tho if your going to pirate xbox seems like a sound investment for the money you would save over the long haul :p.

6. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Dude, it's just as easy to pirate on a console.

New to you? It's been like that since the X360 was released.

COnsole pirating has always been easy. With the PS2, you can just buy a Disc, put it in, boot it up, like a gameshark, then take it out, put yer game in, and bam, works.

That simple. As long as you know how to burn, it's not an issue, and alot of people burn MP3's, so it's common knowledge.

So for about 30$, you could get all PS2 games free. Wow. Not a bad trade-off.

You could also get past the downloading with RENTING the game for 1$ over-night rental, and just burn a copy of that.

So very simple to pirate on a console. Infact, easier for non-computer literate people.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2010
  7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Nah, nowhere near as easy, if it was i would of done it by now.
    Can i pirate games on the 360 and PS3 without extra hardware or software?
    Nope!!
    Will i be banned from online play if i do hack the consoles?
    Nope!!
    I have both both consoles, and obviously a PC, and i will admit to pirating alot of PC games that i wasn't sure about, even recently pirated Fifa11, and PES11, but have since bought both.

8. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    You need extra software to pirate. You need a CD mounting program - Bam, and for consoles you also need a Loader, that's 1 for 1.

Trust me dude, consoles are SO easy to pirate, but people make it up to be so much harder. X360 was incredibly easy to hack due to it's Windows based routes.

9. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Counts for bobby kotick aswell... without the loyal mass that buys a new CoD every year, he'll earn less money.

10. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    demon or daemon tools wth ever it is called is free. and you find good burners that are free also.

course if your pirating games i suppose you would might as well pirate the best software also to create and use those games :p.

ps2 you had to have certain type of burner that could burn games a specific way plus i think back then you had to have a pay iso ripper to get the proper format so ps2 could read it. and i dunno about the gameshark thing, i know that mod chips were very popular for ps2 for some reason or other, despite having to void your warranty and the risk you took. also recall reading that the slim ps2 was easier to pirate for since you could trick the system by swapping a legit game disk for a pirated one while it was booting up, the old fatties you would have had to mod it via an actual chip mod or i think there were top loader case mods for the swap trick, or if that gs thing worked buy that.

and ps3 thing you need a dongle that you have to buy, or buy a usb drive and the software to use as the dongle however that all works. then you need a external drive to put games on so you can transfer them over to your hacked ps3, or play them off the external and since most externals are usb drives i bet the games load slower or transfer takes a good long while.

bottom line pc is cheaper and easier to pirate. since u need 0 investment to actually do and can be setup to do in probably 10 minutes dling the utilities you need and installing them.

11. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    PC is not cheaper to pirate...

good PC - 800$

Console + Pirate software 300$(PS3) + 50$ Pirate software. Badaboom

Just saying, Console piracy is as bad, if not worse these days.

12. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    you forgot that a 800 dollar pc with today's hardware justifies it's price since it will have a small advantage over a console.
    and you forgot that you need to mod a console before you can actually use cracked games.

13. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    No, I told you, DO NOT need to mod a 360, a PS3 needs that Dong drive, but a X360, using a App, and a External HDD, bam. Trust me, I'm deep into private websites and such like that, and I know you do -not- need to mod. It's certainly easier for those that don't wanna do the work to just buy a mod chip, though.

14. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    dam, i skipped some posts, ok good to know then, this will really bring console piracy up, and hopefully developers will stop blaming PC for lack of moniez

15. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    we dont get it...yeah devs blame pc piracy but they mostly blame pc PROBLEMS, like just happens in FALLOUT VEGAS..bla bla ati 10.9 bla bla driver works better no stutter bla bla dll file bla bla..see? it is SHT on PC..we r enthusiast on guru3d..we know what we r talking about PC etc..but rest of the planet r LOW SKILL pc gamers...so its abig problem for them...on console? just plug and play..no dll no driver no steam no other stuff..just fcking sit and play..:nerd:

16. V4.SKUNK

V4.SKUNK Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800GTS 640 (G80)
    X360 is the easiest console to modify to play pirated games...It took me 5mins to modify mine...Every sunday there is a local carboot sale where you can purchase any 5 copied games for a £10....hundreds of people by the copies.....

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    I know the 360 is easy to mod, but its not as easy as downloading a PC game, while PS3 is probably the hardest due to the size of the games alone.

Still think this game will sell millions withing the first few hours, piracy only makes a noticeable impact on single player games.

18. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    hitler must be pissed that COD:Black Ops was leaked.

[​IMG]

19. green_comet

green_comet Guest

GPU:
    XFX 5970 Blk + HIS 5870
    These piracy problems can be easy fixed. Drop the price of buying a game. Here in Australia console and PC games go for about $80-$110 each, and considering our dollar is on par with the US it's a joke.

If they released games for say $30-40 there would be a huge drop in piracy. As people will spend $30 on a game to get the original disc, and contents, etc. It's not even worth downloading for $30.

I couldn't give a **** about it being leaked, as im sure this game is going to be just as bad on PC as MW2 was.

20. brassoo

brassoo Member Guru

GPU:
    9800 sli