New Phenom X4 965 Mishap with arcti clean Thermal Material Remover andThermalPurifer

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Tim_Ca, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Tim_Ca

Tim_Ca Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 8800gtx
    Long story short My niece soaked my whole cpu front sides and back with

artciclean thermal remover and there surface purifier. It was soaking wet with

both liquids. I did my best to shake the excess liquid off. The back surface of

the cpu where the pins are stuck into, went from a light matte finish to being

shiny and darker. I let it dry over night and it stayed shiny on the back.

Anyways its now in my comp and im typing on it. So will i be fine or should i buy another cpu.. Im about to prime test and such.

http://www.arcticsilver.com/arcticlean.htm

2. Curt217217

Curt217217 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ult
    It will be fine, arcticlean wouldnt have caused any damage.

I managed to get TIC all over the pins on my Athlon 6400+ CPU and in the socket which I then proceeded to drop my PII 955BE into and got TIC all over it as well. I proceeded to clean the socket with white spirit. I literally soaked the CPU socket and the bits of the RAM and PCI-E lanes which had some TIC on as well and left it to dry over 24 hours. The CPU's I both dropped into white spirit (they are pneumatically sealed) and cleaned them off with a toothbrush careful not to bend any of the pins. I am now running my PII 955BE in my M2N-SLI Deluxe board, which will not operate in dual channel memory mode as the mem controller is fudged at 3.6GHz stable.

So trust me, it could have been a lot worse - and dont worry, its absolutely fine.

3. Renegade8100

Renegade8100 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 SC
    lol for super cleaning your contacts

4. Tim_Ca

Tim_Ca Active Member

GPU:
    Evga 8800gtx
    Great thats good to know thanks man.