Medal of Honor 2010

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Shadowsoldier, Aug 4, 2010.

1. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Obviously you are way out of your depth here as you dont know what Vert minus is.

UE3 uses Hor FOV but is a Vert Minus engine by default.

Here :

http://www.fpsbanana.com/tuts/9486

"Widescreen Methods : Not all forms of widescreen are the same, seeing as this is primarily a FPS gaming site I'm going to point out the three common methods of widescreen that you will see in your gaming career. Each of these methods effect the game in different ways, and some are more desirable than others.

Horizontal Plus (HOR+)
    Horizontal plus games maintain almost perfect vertical view distance, and provide extra pixels into the width of the game. This is the best, purest, and most desirable method of widescreen - as you only gain instead of losing.

Vertical Minus (VERT-)
    Vertical minus achieves it's widescreen by removing elements from the top and the bottom of the screen. Obviously, this is horrible as you're losing aspects of the game that standard 4:3/5:4 players can see. Stalker, BioShock, and almost anything on the Unreal 3 engine are perfect examples of Vert- video games. "

2. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    ATTN Core 2 Quad users:

how does this game run for you? im "trying" to run this game on a Q6600 @ 3.4 with dual 8800's and 4 gigs ram, but it runs crappy on DX10, i put it to DX9 and that smoothed it out some but i still have to turn things down like shadows which are very cpu dependant. i know the vid cards are up to it because with my i5 system they run it flawlessly (tested to see)

Width=2048
    Height=1152
    Fullscreen=true
    RefreshRate=59.909
    VSync=true
    [Sound]
    Quality=low
    VoipEnable=false
    [Graphics]
    Effects=low
    Soldiers=high
    Vehicles=high
    Overgrowth=high
    Undergrowth=high
    StaticObjects=high
    Terrain=high
    Shadows=low
    Bloom=low
    HSAO=false
    MSAA=0
    Water=medium
    MainQuality=custom
    Texture=high
    DxVersion=9
    Aniso=3
    Detail=high
    RenderAheadLimit=2
    Fov=78

Win7 x64, 260.89 beta

my minimum frame rates are 45. i would have thought it would run better than BC2 but it doesn't ...

3. dchalf10

dchalf10 Banned

GPU:
    GTX670 1293/6800
    I'm glad you wrote this because people swear that the FOV calculator is precise for BFBC2 which I think uses the same method you are talking about, because in every other game 90 has always been fine for me, but with the FOV's recommendation for 90degrees it feels way too small, I have it set to 75 which is like 110degrees, and it still feels like 75 in other games :S

4. bliss007

bliss007 Banned

GPU:
    Asus GTX 580
    @ dchalf10, That is true for MP, the topic was SP not MP though so not compairable to the BC2's Frostbite engine.

I tested the SP at 85 and 90 and it looks as it should, at 100+ it looks crap and downside is I played the game with no FOV adjustent with a sore head as completed it by time we got info.

5. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    the 2 posts above, you guys both use C2D's. how does the game run for you???

6. death_samurai

death_samurai Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 970 GTX jetstream
    I'm using c2d too but i did not play mp cos i guess i might not be able to.

7. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Anyone know of any quick fixes for the insane amount of lag and tearing you get in multiplayer?

Ive enabled vsync and it does more or less nothing to help instead adding a lovely stutter to the game when turning mouse.

fps is not bad, 1080p, 4xmsaa, 16xaf, HBAO on, all maxed 60 - 90fps. But its up and down like a hookers mini skirt. Creating some of the worst tearing I have ever seen in a game ever and I normally play with Vsync disabled in all my MP games.

Ive tried triple buffering as well and that made things even worse.

The game is ok for MP, too many snipers, and too much spawn killing. But when your not on the receiving end of all that its actually quite fun.

8. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Yes... TOTALLY out of my mind :D

Nah, just misread your post - sorry about that ;)

9. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    The FOV command actually doesn’t work at this point so must be placebo, try your self 50 or 200 there is no difference ;)

10. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    no differance here i was just going to say idk if i was doing it wrong or not.

sp game looks rather blah,can i help it in some way?
    right now all high(not me the settings)1600x1200.
    game seems like same sh!t over and over but i'm trying to like it,got to where you kill the mortar guys and drove out of the compound.......hope it gets better.
    btw 35.99 for dl version

11. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    if your using 260.63 or 250.89, force vsync in the games profile. i found if you dont vsync doesnt work properly.

12. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Game looks pretty poor, even with AA enabled in options getting really bad jaggies on stuff I usualy dont see them even in games with no AA. Like on barrels right in front of me. I'm only getting 25% GPU usage capped at 60 FPS.

Think it was rushed out to beat COD to the market and it shows.

Not diggin the game one bit, just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The shallow COD rip off on rails gameplay. Crap animations, crap graphics in general, terrible FOV and no ability to change it as of now. The MP is just meh.

Seriously would not recommend this to anyone, better wait for COD if that is your thing or get BFBC2 for the multiplayer.

I'm kind of forcing my self to play the SP at the moment and every half an hour I quit disgusted. The zoomed in view is driving me crazy but I could bear it in BFBC2 SP with the open maps when it came out but in this everything is claustrophobic due to small levels that makes the problem worse and the game in general there is just nothing there to hold my attention.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  13. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    It's a shame they didn't take another six months or so on the SP to make it something worth buying the game for, as for MP well you might as well just play BFBC2 or MW1 or 2

14. bsc14

bsc14 Master Guru

GPU:
    Asus GTX 560 1gb
    Would you guys say this game is more realistic or less than COD:MW2?

I have no plans of getting the next MW game as the over the top game play (running 100mph dodging bullets stabbing people, running around with 2 Shotguns, exploding remote cars and crossbows) has turned me off to the point that I never plan on playing another COD game.

I wish they would come out with something a little more....real. Not ARMA real but something like the old Ghost Recon or Rainbow 6 games....those were the days.

15. AnthraxPants

AnthraxPants Banned

GPU:
    XFX 4890HD 1GB
    Why not they give us sweet DX11 for 5 series + in SP, I don't want my wife to buy it for my Birthday now (not that she probably wants to anyway)? :crocodiletears:

;)

Perhaps I'll ask for another game, and if I'm a good boy, maybe I won't get cold porridge for dinner. :)

16. krisha

krisha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTS250 512 mb
    awsome game - to bad it's so darn short

17. tyRant.594

tyRant.594 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R9 280x
    I just bought it on steam. I take peoples comments to a certain extent. I havent played the sp yet, but mp is alot of damn fun. I like the shooting explosions and way better team work then badcompany or cod. Good Mix and good maps to.

18. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I heard the 4 soldiers who helped make this game are getting a court Marshall. Hope EA payed them well. They're also being accused of "Treason"

19. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    I downloaded the game, could say that the SP feels a little bit incomplete. Textures feels like a little bland, movement isnt natural.

What keeps me going is the story, seems a little interesting. Weapons feel very good. Games is covered with all types of bugs, in a moment you are looking tru your scope and when u are off of it, puff a taliban in front of you! WTF!

Dead bodys, or killing does not feel very good. I agreed they rushed the game, cant actually say is that bad but is not even close to be the game that they showed in the trailers.
    GFX is average, not goood, explosions are a little dumb.... like 5 years old game...

Wont recommended for anybody that compares to the mw franchise.

20. AbjectBlitz

AbjectBlitz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R390 1200/1720
    Not sure why you have to tell the world that you downloaded it.